GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
there is only one file to do the update on the US site. how about everybody? Mine still say NA 1 15, and SYNC3 said that I already have the latest update
sync3 software update is separate from nav update, sync3 updates are free from owner.ford.com, however map updates are only available for purchase, this video answers that question

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Updated. Thanks.

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
So, sorry if this has been covered, but having seen this question fairly close to the end of a 265 page thread, Ill figure it hasn't fully been answered yet. I upgraded my system to the 'leaked' V3.0 that was in this thread I believe. Now that the official 3.0 has been released, I have attempted to update to that but it says Im already at the latest version (despite actually having a different build number). Previous pages mentioned downgrading to 2.x, then updating to the official 3.0.

Is that process the same as mentioned here https://www.f150forum.com/f118/howt...back-ford-official-v2-2-build-17011-a-398097/ , or is there some other method? I can attempt to search for v2.2, but I'm not sure if its vehicle specific. Fords website doesnt give me old versions to download.

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
I had to go to 2.2 then back to the official version.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Sorta difficult to find the file, looks like it is here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/current-sync-3-carplay-android-auto-information-360660/index38/

Download and extract, them move the files to a formatted USB drive.
Use USB port (I used the center console one), plug in your USB drive then turn on the car.
Wait for some time, should show it is updating, will complete eventually.
Turn off the car/radio then turn the radio back on and verify its on V2.2

Download and extract new official version and extract files
Move extracted files to USB drive (Formatted) then plug back in USB port in console
Turn on radio and wait, wait, wait … you should see some sort of Updating message.
This takes some time.

Eventually it will update, reboot, update more and finally complete.

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Sorta difficult to find the file, looks like it is here:
https://www.f150forum.com/f118/current-sync-3-carplay-android-auto-information-360660/index38/

Download and extract, them move the files to a formatted USB drive.
Use USB port (I used the center console one), plug in your USB drive then turn on the car.
Wait for some time, should show it is updating, will complete eventually.
Turn off the car/radio then turn the radio back on and verify its on V2.2

Download and extract new official version and extract files
Move extracted files to USB drive (Formatted) then plug back in USB port in console
Turn on radio and wait, wait, wait … you should see some sort of Updating message.
This takes some time.

Eventually it will update, reboot, update more and finally complete.
Thanks.. I just didn't know if it would let me dowgrade without fucking with the autoinstall file. Downgrade worked fine as is, but the download for 3.0 that I got from Ford (shows 3.0.13 for Nav/NA assemblies) doesnt include NAV... so Im downloading again and will try again.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thanks.. I just didn't know if it would let me dowgrade without fucking with the autoinstall file. Downgrade worked fine as is, but the download for 3.0 that I got from Ford (shows 3.0.13 for Nav/NA assemblies) doesnt include NAV... so Im downloading again and will try again.
Nav/NA means Navigation-North America.

As opposed to Nav/EU for Navigation-European Union and others... I don't know if there is a Nav/GL, but it would be Navigation-Global. Nav/DE would be Navigation-Germany. Nav/FR would be Navigation-France.

The North American non-nav files say NonNav/NonEU

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
My car automatically updated to 3.0 over the WiFi. I just got in the car one day and it said I had a new version installed. Now I get the stupid "Sync can look for updates if it's connected to WiFi" every time I start the car away from home. I've messed with all the settings under the WiFi section of the settings but it keeps popping up. I know that was an issue for some people who upgraded to the leaked version. Anyone having this issue with the official version? Any way to get it to stop? (I'm not leaving my hotspot on my phone turned on and connecting the car to that).

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
My car automatically updated to 3.0 over the WiFi. I just got in the car one day and it said I had a new version installed. Now I get the stupid "Sync can look for updates if it's connected to WiFi" every time I start the car away from home. I've messed with all the settings under the WiFi section of the settings but it keeps popping up. I know that was an issue for some people who upgraded to the leaked version. Anyone having this issue with the official version? Any way to get it to stop? (I'm not leaving my hotspot on my phone turned on and connecting the car to that).
Try erasing all wifi settings and then reconnecting.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
Does anyone have the 2.2 Nav file they can host somewhere? All the links I can find out there are dead and I'm stuck on 18025 in a partially functioning state.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the 2.2 Nav file they can host somewhere? All the links I can find out there are dead and I'm stuck on 18025 in a partially functioning state.
v2.2 17011?

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
Got the update to 18093 to work after the MEM fix from the F150 guy, but my Gracenote is stuck at 1130.
Sponsored