Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hey guys! I'm having a weird issue, hoping someone has heard of it before.

So my car randomly starting having this issue. The stereo will randomly reboot itself while I am driving. This happens at least 1-3 times during my drives. Another issue is, if it doesn't reboot, the bluetooth connection itself drops and reconnects after awhile. lastly, carplay doesn't work anymore either.

I tried doing a factory reset, updating to the latest build (august 28) and then factory reset again, but it's still doing it.

2016 GT Premium with the Carplay USB installed. It was working fine for like 6 months with the 3.0 software and this randomly happened.

Thanks
Sponsored

Deeplakes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
17 GT/CS Convertible
Hey guys! I'm having a weird issue, hoping someone has heard of it before.

So my car randomly starting having this issue. The stereo will randomly reboot itself while I am driving. This happens at least 1-3 times during my drives. Another issue is, if it doesn't reboot, the bluetooth connection itself drops and reconnects after awhile. lastly, carplay doesn't work anymore either.

I tried doing a factory reset, updating to the latest build (august 28) and then factory reset again, but it's still doing it.

2016 GT Premium with the Carplay USB installed. It was working fine for like 6 months with the 3.0 software and this randomly happened.

Thanks

This happened to me as well.

Have not been driving too often but happened since updated both Sync and iOS

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happened to me as well.

Have not been driving too often but happened since updated both Sync and iOS
That's about when it started for me too. Once iOS 12 was released. However it does this regardless of iOS11/12 and regardless of whether a phone is connected or not.

I was thinking of going to the dealer but idk what they'll do.

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone have a 2016 GT Premium with Nav? Can you IM me? I trying to upgrading my Sync 3 1.0 to 3.0. As soon as I put it in, it says updating and about a minute later says it's done and to take it out and restart. I did and restarted the car and nothing. Any help is appreciated and thanks for your time.
20181010_191213.jpg
20181010_191304.jpg

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
maybe u should go step by step to 2.3 then 3.0

Sponsored

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
maybe u should go step by step to 2.3 then 3.0
I'm totally willing to try that but all I could find was 3.0 you happen to have a link or know where I can get 2.0 or 2.3? Will the dealer charge me to upgrade from 1 to 2?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, I was asking the same sort of thing earlier and got linked to that page in another thread. Haven't tested it myself yet, will be doing it tonight or tomorrow.

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So the 2.3 update worked! :) but still no android auto support or waze. I see the android auto button, enabled it, reinstalled android auto but still nothing. You think if I installed v3 it would work? It took about 20 minutes.

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So my 2016 Mustang GT Premium with Nav is officially on Sync 3 v3! it worked like a charm.not sure why but android auto is requiring me to use the USB cord. All of the apps work now but it has to have the USB plugged in. Ford Mytouch works and so does Pandora over bluetooth. Odd! Thanks again for the help!

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any way to completely flash as a fresh install instead of updating? Really wanna try and fix this rebooting issue. Updating didn't help me, neither did factory resetting.

jchew80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is there any way to completely flash as a fresh install instead of updating? Really wanna try and fix this rebooting issue. Updating didn't help me, neither did factory resetting.
ssj92, that sucks. I haven't had that issue yet but only recently got it to work. What happens when you do the factory reset? I'm assuming you've tried that already but wondered if it takes you all the way back to v1?
Sponsored