jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Some of the things the fanboy defense squad over at Camaro5 are saying about this car:

"It will weigh 4,000 lbs"
"There is nothing new or innovative about it"
"It's just a ZL1 ripoff"
"They had to steal GM suspension lolololol (this is common)
"This motor is nice, but it's no LS7"
"I don't care about high RPM horsepower, I want torque"
"Who cares? A few mods and a LS7 will spin to 8,000 and then it will show that Ford POS what power is"

They are circling the wagons around the Z/28 hardcore. A few super faith Camaro disciples are even saying this won't match a 1LE

Can't say much about the GT350 yet however, I'm impressed with the factory capabilities of these cars out the box..... Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. 10 years ago it would take quite a bit of money to keep up with these stock cars. It gets to the point (kinda like computers) when one asks, how are companies able to make these machines perform the way they do and still keep them in the price point that caters to us? Very impressive.

There will always be rivalry, competition is healthy and sometimes ignorant things are said. All in all, I'm just a fan of all sports cars (for the most part), next year is going to be very exciting for all of us:)
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Some of the things the fanboy defense squad over at Camaro5 are saying about this car:

"It will weigh 4,000 lbs"
"There is nothing new or innovative about it"
"It's just a ZL1 ripoff"
"They had to steal GM suspension lolololol (this is common)
"This motor is nice, but it's no LS7"
"I don't care about high RPM horsepower, I want torque"
"Who cares? A few mods and a LS7 will spin to 8,000 and then it will show that Ford POS what power is"

They are circling the wagons around the Z/28 hardcore. A few super faith Camaro disciples are even saying this won't match a 1LE
I checked over on C5 this morning and was surprised by the amount of praise the car got, especially praising Ford for being so ambitious with the FPC. They realize the better Ford does with the Mustang, the better the Camaro will be and vice versa.

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Anyway, this car should be pretty amazing, especially if it comes in at the 50-55k price. If it's priced like the z/28 (i don't think it will) , then I'll be disappointed.

DutchGT500

Threads
Reaction score
I like this car. It is agressive and bold. Pity it won't be available in Europe. Although it would be insanely expensive. The Mustang GT is about 100K Euro here. That is $126K. :thumbdown: Not selling the other Shelbys so maybe a used one in some years.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
They realize the better Ford does with the Mustang, the better the Camaro will be and vice versa.
If there is no competition then there is no reason to advance the technology

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I skimmed over that thread last night and it was fairly civilized. I'd say better than the one here and there is definitely a good percentage of people on there that are excited about it. You're saying you don't see fanboyism in this thread and no bashing of the opposition? I'd love to go take a look at it now because I feel you're exaggerating on a few things, but the site seems to be down.
the thread in the general automotive section its very civilized, it was a very pleasant read.however when you take a wander over to the Camaro vs section that's where the fence swingers came out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384966

the real fun begins on page 2. don't get me wrong we have our own special brand of nut huggers here, but I'm just saying that in this case some of the initial flailing has been particularly entertaining

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Love the wheels. The stripes are too narrow though.
Too bad they still have the grille badge on the wrong side. And this time it has nothing to do with blocking airflow to the air intake. The grille is closed off on that side anyway.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Ford dropped the ball with the weight gain. I dont care about the current gen 1le zl1 or z28. If GM manages to lower the weight of the camaro and put either the twin turbo v6 or lt1 v8 in the car, imagine how the next gen even the base ss will handle on the track. Ford really needs to step up their game. Its going to be the war of the next generation. Bring it on!

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Ford dropped the ball with the weight gain. I dont care about the current gen 1le zl1 or z28. If GM manages to lower the weight of the camaro and put either the twin turbo v6 or lt1 v8 in the car, imagine how the next gen even the base ss will handle on the track. Ford really needs to step up their game. Its going to be the war of the next generation. Bring it on!
It's very tough to make a platform very light, very rigid, very comfortable, very adaptable, able to handle everything from the 300HP V6 up to (????) HP SVT car while still making it affordable to anyone with a real job.

Look at the trouble GM went thru trying to create the new C7. They pulled out ALOT of tricks to get the weight down and it still ended up gaining weight. However, it is a remarkable vehicle and is an astounding performance buy for the $$'s. The GM Alpha platform underpinning the ATS, CTS and G6 Camaro is going to be extremely adaptable, but even then it will have its limits and compromises it must make.

Weight gain is not what any engineer wants, but there are limits to what can be done without going into extensive use of CFC/CF and driving the price up.

Yes Ford could do the body completely in aluminum since "the F150 is doing it". However, Ford is likely going to sell tens of thousands of F150's A MONTH vs the Mustang which may sell..8,000 at most a month? They can afford to spread the astronomic price of such a gamble across the entire F150 fleet where the Mustang has a fraction of those numbers to absorb the price.

To have a car that gained IRS, 25% greater rigidity, higher crash standards, higher safety standards, better quality, better fit (as a whole), better insulation, higher refinement and on average only gain 100-150 lbs? That's a big deal.

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Correct.. Thanks to GM bankruptcy.
This was well before the bankruptcy. I believe Delphi developed the MagneRide system and was sold off by GM in 1999 to BWI. This was before the first GM car even saw the system used.

Sponsored

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
I checked over on C5 this morning and was surprised by the amount of praise the car got, especially praising Ford for being so ambitious with the FPC. They realize the better Ford does with the Mustang, the better the Camaro will be and vice versa.
"I'm getting me one for sure!!!"

"I'm excited and want one bad. If it turns out to be as good as I'm thinking I may sell the vette and get one. Rumor is the 500+ is well into the 500s. 550-570hp range. We will have to wait and see, but if it makes 550+ n/a, and has all the other stuff to back it up, I'm a buyer. Sucks no auto though."

"I like it, best looking 2015 version thus far IMO.
Would I buy it? Possiibly if I had the funds, but I would hold out to see what GM brings to the plate with the 6 th gen first.Exciting time for muscle cars though, definitely seeing the best cars ever in this class produced by the big three. Can't really go wrong with any of them honestly.In two years there will be lots of nice low mile hardware to choose from at more reasonable prices too."
as much as I would love to bash the Camero guys over at c5... they seem to love the car also

Strongbark

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.launchparade.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mini GP #437 of 500
I noticed each car will get a chassis designation on the dash. Any possibility that this will be a limited production run?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I noticed each car will get a chassis designation on the dash. Any possibility that this will be a limited production run?
I suspect they're numbered however since this was a pre-production model it's bound to have a different numbering scheme, IE the test fleet LE's vs. regular production LE's

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
I skimmed over that thread last night and it was fairly civilized. I'd say better than the one here and there is definitely a good percentage of people on there that are excited about it. You're saying you don't see fanboyism in this thread and no bashing of the opposition? I'd love to go take a look at it now because I feel you're exaggerating on a few things, but the site seems to be down.
Can't say much about the GT350 yet however, I'm impressed with the factory capabilities of these cars out the box..... Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. 10 years ago it would take quite a bit of money to keep up with these stock cars. It gets to the point (kinda like computers) when one asks, how are companies able to make these machines perform the way they do and still keep them in the price point that caters to us? Very impressive.

There will always be rivalry, competition is healthy and sometimes ignorant things are said. All in all, I'm just a fan of all sports cars (for the most part), next year is going to be very exciting for all of us:)
the thread in the general automotive section its very civilized, it was a very pleasant read.however when you take a wander over to the Camaro vs section that's where the fence swingers came out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384966

the real fun begins on page 2. don't get me wrong we have our own special brand of nut huggers here, but I'm just saying that in this case some of the initial flailing has been particularly entertaining
Most of us realize that this is going to be an extremely awesome car. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this high reving 5.2 is going to be absolutely intoxicating! I've never been this excited for a Mustang before, and I'm seriously considering dropping $$$ on this.

Like anything in this world, there are going to be plenty of people that have the fan boy blinders on and try to come up with an excuse. Realistically I do not see the GT350 losing much weight, I expect right around 3,700 which is still great for the segment. The beefed of drive train components, larger wheels, larger tires, larger brakes are all going to add up quickly. Not to mention the mag. ride suspension adds weight. So I'm thinking the weight savings Ford does implement will likely be a wash with the weigh gains in other areas.