Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
DO IT PAUL!!!
Haha...........I already know one fella that's going to do a personal import based on yesterday's reveal.

You have to feel for the poor chap, he's already has a Boss 302 and has just picked up a Boss 302 LS (both SBY) and now he wants to add a GT350 to the stable.

I want him to adopt me, lol :D
Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Haha...........I already know one fella that's going to do a personal import based on yesterday's reveal.

You have to feel for the poor chap, he's already has a Boss 302 and has just picked up a Boss 302 LS (both SBY) and now he wants to add a GT350 to the stable.

I want him to adopt me, lol :D
I wonder if he has a room he can rent out...... :D

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Thank God that Ford made the FPC V8 ACTUALLY SOUND like a V8!!!

I was so concerned it was going to sound like two B16's having a pissing match with weedwackers.

nonnex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The sound is special and has a unique note. Very cool, a good mixture of muscle and pure energy. something like a relaxed 8000 rpm "baritone" ferrari. ;)

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I was fortunate to be extended an invitation to this event today by one of the higher ups at Ford. The car, for me, hits all of the right notes in the right places. It will likely be a bit lighter than the GT/PP, but not by much. The weight savings they got out of the front radiator support and other parts will be picked up by larger diameter exhaust, heavier transmission, bigger brakes (4 pistons on the rears), etc. Nice to see the Tremec 6-speed rather than the MT-82, however, the shift pattern is the same with the Reverse in the upper left next to 1st gear, which I like. The new Recaro seats in cloth look great and the upper part of them looks like a cobra head. Exhaust note was nice, not too loud or raspy. Not sure how they are going to handle the harmonic balancing of the FPC in this new motor, but nonetheless, it will be a free revving monster!

Steve Ling, their Marketing Manager would not release an exact date for when the order books would be open, but my guess would be spring 2015.

I asked Aaron Shelby, grandson of Carroll, what he thought his grandfather would say about the new GT350, and he said he would be very proud of it and do backflips.

Henry Ford III also said that the Ford Family really wanted to get this right, both for the public as well as Carroll's legacy (but even Joe Hinrichs grimaced when we mentioned there weren't more "Shelby" names on the car other than the front splitter; every time his name is on the car, SA gets a licensing fee for it).

305's in the rear and 295's in the front on 19x11 and 19x10.5 wheels. Fat meats! Michelin Pilot Super Sports - state of the art. Magnetic shocks will really make this car sing and beat the sh*t out of the Z28. I also found out why Ford is going to all black wheels on their performance models - owners seem to hate cleaning off the brake dust from their wheels. Personally, I don't mind the black wheels, but prefer the front faces to be machined to give that silver edge (similar to the Boss 302LS Wheels).

Also had a chance to chat with Matt Stone, who's previously written for Motor Trend, Motor Trend Classics and has been on the Barrett Jackson broadcasts, which are all going to the Velocity Channel. He was very impressed with it. Too bad his former compatriots at MT are a bunch of morons. But once they test this against the Z/28 they will realize what an overpriced POS the Z/28 is.

I died and went to heaven today, and my checkbook is ready. OPEN THE ORDER BANKS! :shocked:
"beat the shit out of a Z/28".. Are there any cars that can actually do that? Not beat, but "beat the shit out of".

What will you say if this isn't a Z/28 competitor or the Z/28 beats it on track times? I'd say the GT350 will definitely be faster in a straight line, but corners is really an unknown. Many people said the GT PP would walk the 1LE in a head to head and look what happened.

Guess we'll wait an see. Definitely like the looks of this a lot more than regular GT.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Some of the things the fanboy defense squad over at Camaro5 are saying about this car:

"It will weigh 4,000 lbs"
"There is nothing new or innovative about it"
"It's just a ZL1 ripoff"
"They had to steal GM suspension lolololol (this is common)
"This motor is nice, but it's no LS7"
"I don't care about high RPM horsepower, I want torque"
"Who cares? A few mods and a LS7 will spin to 8,000 and then it will show that Ford POS what power is"

They are circling the wagons around the Z/28 hardcore. A few super faith Camaro disciples are even saying this won't match a 1LE

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Some of the things the fanboy defense squad over at Camaro5 are saying about this car:

"It's just a ZL1 ripoff"
"Who cares? A few mods and a LS7 will spin to 8,000 and then it will show that Ford POS what power is"

They are circling the wagons around the Z/28 hardcore. A few super faith Camaro disciples are even saying this won't match a 1LE
Who cares...It's (1LE) Ugly-->:paddle:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4

"It's just a ZL1 ripoff"

It's easy to say all of these things while it's still on a stage in LA. And the z28 might be fast, but they may come in under its price point quite a bit

Point: it's all speculation until it's actually tested.

Of course they are chevy fans so I guess they need to stick up for their brand

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score

"It's just a ZL1 ripoff"

I skimmed over that thread last night and it was fairly civilized. I'd say better than the one here and there is definitely a good percentage of people on there that are excited about it. You're saying you don't see fanboyism in this thread and no bashing of the opposition? I'd love to go take a look at it now because I feel you're exaggerating on a few things, but the site seems to be down.