New Setup Help

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Hello everyone! I have a 19 GT PP1 10 speed, I’m currently on the stock wheels with the stock 4S.
Currently the car has Eibach sportlines
UPR Vertical Links
BMR Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit lvl 2
(CB005)
BMR IRS Subframe Support Brace System
(CB762)
I’m looking for a new suspension setup and I was thinking about going with a pair of Fortune Auto 500 coils or BMR springs and some Koni Yellows.
I’m starting to do some SCCA, a few track days and I frequently visit the tail of the dragon. Besides a new suspension setup I’m wondering what else I could do suspension wise to help the car further stay planted and handle better in the turns.
Thank you!
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There are many ways to make this car handle. My preference for a great dual purpose car is the way that myself, @Bluemustang, @Rebellion, @Biggsy, @J.P.B., @Demon Coyote, @jbird60, and a bunch of others have gone. GT350R or GT350R-like spring rates (BMR handling) with a complimentary monotube damper set, and some supporting mods like rear LCA bearings, front roll center correction, and a big front swaybar.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Following what Bmac said...I got the FRPP/SP083(BMR Handling) and couldn't be happier. For me personally I like to be able to feel the road more so I don't mind the high spring rate and honestly can't imagine it being it any less. I love my set up. I pretty much have every suspension upgrade except for vertical links (we will see what's in my stocking this year lol). I had the 350R front and rear bar but then stepped up to BMR front bar

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Following what Bmac said...I got the FRPP/SP083(BMR Handling) and couldn't be happier. For me personally I like to be able to feel the road more so I don't mind the high spring rate and honestly can't imagine it being it any less. I love my set up. I pretty much have every suspension upgrade except for vertical links (we will see what's in my stocking this year lol). I had the 350R front and rear bar but then stepped up to BMR front bar
Yep, it's a proven setup. It's not by surprise or by throwing darts at the wall. At the track day I went to I had no complaints with the damping or how the car handled in terms of suspension. Even in higher G cornering while encountering bumps, the suspension remained firm and planted, and not skittish. Getting more camber and the right tires becomes the limiting factor.

I would also throw the Bilsteins in as an alternative to the FP track. Supposedly similarly capable, but the Bils are a bit nicer from what I hear.

OP - you need to decrease your drop that you got with the Sportlines. Too much drops hurts handling performance because it gets the geometry out of its optimal range.
The Fortune Auto coilovers are interesting and I'd personally like to try them. But most "cheap" coilover setups don't seem to be the best.

Also, if you haven't considered the rear lower control arm bearing upgrade, you should.

OP
OP
KingBowser

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Thank you guys so much for the great advice! I’m thinking about going for the bilsteins but I’m having a hard time finding them for the s550 only one website had them listed and I noticed that it’s the B6 and in my research it said that the B8 is for lowered cars so I need to be educated on those. And paired with the bilstein I’m going to go with the bmr performance springs, I thought about the handling but idk if that would be too stiff cause I do DD my car. Paired with the new suspension I was contemplating a bigger sway bar and that steeda bumpsteer correction kit and I feel like that will significantly help performance.
Really do appreciate all the help on this and I can’t thank you guys enough!

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thank you guys so much for the great advice! I’m thinking about going for the bilsteins but I’m having a hard time finding them for the s550 only one website had them listed and I noticed that it’s the B6 and in my research it said that the B8 is for lowered cars so I need to be educated on those. And paired with the bilstein I’m going to go with the bmr performance springs, I thought about the handling but idk if that would be too stiff cause I do DD my car. Paired with the new suspension I was contemplating a bigger sway bar and that steeda bumpsteer correction kit and I feel like that will significantly help performance.
Really do appreciate all the help on this and I can’t thank you guys enough!
Just so ya know, the BMR performance springs aren't going to improve your handling. These springs are mostly meant for the stance. For your handling purposes, you really oughta get the BMR handling springs or consider some coilovers. To increase handling, ride comfort is going to suffer a little bit as a result - it's the tradeoff. But I drive my car everyday to work and have gone to a couple events, no problems with it.

This is coming from someone who ran the following combinations:
BMR performance springs - Koni Sport dampers
FP track springs - FP dampers
BMR handling springs - FP dampers

The Bilstein B6 dampers will be fine. The Steeda lateral control arms are worth it without getting too deep in it. As far as sway bars go, the front sway bar is most important. I don't see a lot of reason to go beyond the PP or GT350 rear sway bar as far as setup goes.

@KingBowser - Feel free to PM me if you want to know more about some of these parts, as I know a little about it, having changed my setup several times.

OP
OP
KingBowser

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just so ya know, the BMR performance springs aren't going to improve your handling. These springs are mostly meant for the stance. For your handling purposes, you really oughta get the BMR handling springs or consider some coilovers. To increase handling, ride comfort is going to suffer a little bit as a result - it's the tradeoff. But I drive my car everyday to work and have gone to a couple events, no problems with it.

This is coming from someone who ran the following combinations:
BMR performance springs - Koni Sport dampers
FP track springs - FP dampers
BMR handling springs - FP dampers

The Bilstein B6 dampers will be fine. The Steeda lateral control arms are worth it without getting too deep in it. As far as sway bars go, the front sway bar is most important. I don't see a lot of reason to go beyond the PP or GT350 rear sway bar as far as setup goes.
Thank you for the info, I think it’s settled, I’ll be going for the BMR Springs and the Bilsteins first and will slowly add more and more and write my review as I go. The new suspension will probably be a Christmas gift to myself so expect my review around then haha! thank you guys for the advice.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
Agree totally with this. If you use springs to add rate to the rear, you will not need a more serious sway than the rear PP unit.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thank you for the info, I think it’s settled, I’ll be going for the BMR Springs and the Bilsteins first and will slowly add more and more and write my review as I go. The new suspension will probably be a Christmas gift to myself so expect my review around then haha! thank you guys for the advice.
I think you will love the Bilsteins. From what I've heard they are very good and even better ride than the Ford Performance dampers, which ride nice.
In fact, my plan is to replace the Ford Performance with the Bilstein once they wear out. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
KingBowser

KingBowser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I think you will love the Bilsteins. From what I've heard they are very good and even better ride than the Ford Performance dampers, which ride nice.
In fact, my plan is to replace the Ford Performance with the Bilstein once they wear out. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to it !

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Also just to add my other two cents...you might want to pick up a set of shock mounts. There are several options and everyone has their take on which ones to go with. I personally have the vorshlag mounts because I get my shock travel back and they were priced better at the time than other options. I don't see myself dropping 300 on them now when other brands seem to be doing fine.
Sponsored