New S550 Owner looking for Boost

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You're also not factoring in the nearly limitless horsepower on tap, one and done.

No need for longtubes, no need for pulley swaps, no need for 10rib swaps, no need for headunit swaps. Etc etc.

You’ll need a $$$$ torque converter too if you are running a A10, adds up quickly
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You’ll need a $$$$ torque converter too if you are running a A10, adds up quickly
clutches too if you run it in 7th gear I believe... Auto guys can give you more direction that I

Sponsored

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I think you just want a "fast" daily driver that is reliable. Might want to sit and really be honest with yourself. Most of us start out with those goals and want more within a year. But if that is really what you want go with a Paxton. They are reliable, get pretty good gas mileage and drive like stock unless you really get into it. If you think you'll get the itch for more power go with a stage 2 Whipple. That's what I did. It's a nice dally that I can turn into an 8 second monster if I want. IMO unless you start pushing 750+ you don't need, suspension/drivetrain upgrades.
1) No half shafts 10R80 cars do not have wheel hop. Only time I've seen them break is on the 1/2 shift (well over 750hp) or off a trans brake.
2) No driveshaft, unless you are on a trans brake or you are looking to cut time.
3) I'd buy a lock out more for handling, but you don't NEED it for a 10R80, see #1.
You can get a complete Whipple kit for $6,6XX and a vortech/ Paxton for a couple hundred cheaper than that. Buy bigger wheels and tires and be done.

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
What do you guys recommend for a DD that does 5-7 HPDE events a year? Heat soak is my concern given the 20 minute sessions.

chops44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fathouse 1250R....1992 Gt 39k mile garage queen
I like many others have had them all lol. For a daily I’d say the whipple setup for dependability and drivability. Drives like stock until you mash the gas, then instant boost to redline. Intake temps aren’t an issue at all and you also get the software to log/tune the car. I’ve got one of their kits on my 16 and it looks like it could have come from the factory that way, so clean. Hope this helps in some way.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I like many others have had them all lol. For a daily I’d say the whipple setup for dependability and drivability. Drives like stock until you mash the gas, then instant boost to redline. Intake temps aren’t an issue at all and you also get the software to log/tune the car. I’ve got one of their kits on my 16 and it looks like it could have come from the factory that way, so clean. Hope this helps in some way.
I couldn't agree more. We install most all of the available power adders on the market today including turbos, nitrous, centrifugal , roots, you name it. But the Whipple supercharger systems seem to be the most popular when it comes to guys that are looking to make very impressive power easily while still maintaining great street drivability , consistency in all conditions, and of course reliability is always a huge factor as well. The sale we have going on for the whipple systems doesn't hurt either lol. But if you are looking to make insane power numbers and spend some serious dough, go twin turbo with a built engine.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I love my Whipple and it has great drivability. I'm not sure if it is because I have a tune or because of the 10sp, but that instant power can be a problem. Even under light/ medium acceleration sometimes the tranny will downshift and then all hell breaks loose at lower speeds.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Livernois price on the whipple stage 1 is an amazing deal, I did pretty good on my Roush here in PA. for the kit with install ($8600) but u would be hard pressed to find a better deal then the Livernois Whipple setup if your close to them

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
Livernois price on the whipple stage 1 is an amazing deal, I did pretty good on my Roush here in PA. for the kit with install ($8600) but u would be hard pressed to find a better deal then the Livernois Whipple setup if your close to them
I wish, I am in AZ and I believe they are in Michigan. From what I am hearing the Whipple seems to be very scalable and I could get a couple tunes, one for track and one for street. That way I don’t turn the road course into a drift course. Lol.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Thank you very much for the kind words!

Yeah the stage 1 Whipple kit installed for $7,999 is definitely a steal right now, really can't go wrong. Basically like you are getting the installation for free with a dyno session as well.

I wish, I am in AZ and I believe they are in Michigan. From what I am hearing the Whipple seems to be very scalable and I could get a couple tunes, one for track and one for street. That way I don’t turn the road course into a drift course. Lol.
Yes we are located in Dearborn Heights MI. We do also offer vehicle transportation door to door if needed. Some guys will even have us transport to the shop and then fly into town and take a road trip on the way home to enjoy their new builds. Just let us know if that's something you'd like an estimate for and we would be happy to help out!

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I'm always puzzled why Kenne Bell is hardly ever mentioned? Is it because they have zero marketing and their website looks like it's from 1999? Or maybe because you basically have to buy direct from them and resellers can't push their products? Didn't they provide the supercharger for the super snake back in the day? Are they behind in the coyote game?

They've been around a long time and if you look they have some nice packages. Their 2.8 liquid cooled kit is a pretty damn good deal. No add-ons, no throttle bodies or larger heat exchangers to buy. It's all there ready to go for $7399 and can make some serious power. I'm strongly considering them when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Actually now I see they don't offer a kit for 2018+ currently. But it does say coming soon...

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
damn, you folks in the US got so many choices for boosting your cars. Makes me sad. That Kenne Bell website is a little funky but amazing resource of information if you spend time looking into it
Sponsored