Sponsored

Newbie Question for Forced Induction

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Hey guys, if I add a procharger or supercharger, further down the line, will the coyote's life decrease?
I'd love to have 6, 7 hundred horsepower but I want this car till the wheels fall off.
Thanks
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Hey guys, if I add a procharger or supercharger, further down the line, will the coyote's life decrease?
I'd love to have 6, 7 hundred horsepower but I want this car till the wheels fall off.
Thanks
Anytime that you switch over to forced induction you are shortening the longevity the life of your motor. Just like anything else, the better you take care of it the longer it will last. There is scheduled maintenence for the blower, just like your car has a schedule. It is important that you have a great and experienced calibrator tuning your vehicle, and make sure that you follow the recommended maintenance plan as well.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Can't burn the candle brighter without using more wax. Decreased engine life is a thing that will happen when increasing power 50% or more on the block. If you got 100k miles out of it, pat yourself on the back.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
What they said is right but you also have to consider how often you will be using that extra horsepower. If, like some people, you rarely use the boost, the engine will last many many miles. If you are sneaker-in-the-throttle every time you take off, longevity will suffer. There is no rule about xxx % less life though. So many different driving styles.

I can say that my 2011 lost zero compression and burned no oil after 34k miles with a tvs and 82mm making 585 whp. That was 3 years daily driving. But, I'm not an aggressive driver. It probably saw boost and WOT about twice a month for not even 1/4 mile. Never went to track and did 3 dyno pulls its entire life.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
What they said is right but you also have to consider how often you will be using that extra horsepower. If, like some people, you rarely use the boost, the engine will last many many miles. If you are sneaker-in-the-throttle every time you take off, longevity will suffer. There is no rule about xxx % less life though. So many different driving styles.

I can say that my 2011 lost zero compression and burned no oil after 34k miles with a tvs and 82mm making 585 whp. That was 3 years daily driving. But, I'm not an aggressive driver. It probably saw boost and WOT about twice a month for not even 1/4 mile. Never went to track and did 3 dyno pulls its entire life.
what happened to your 2011..

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
what happened to your 2011..

Sold it to a very good friend when I bought the 15. His wife still drives it daily delivering and making service runs on musical instruments to schools all over the southern state area.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You shorten the life of the engine, but with proper fueling, and the right tune, you can go very far and live a long time, we have cars out there with lots of miles and lots of passes on them in the 11-14. The 15's should prove to be even better.

We have a ton of packages available including Paxton, vortech, procharger, roush, and hellion for the 2015s. We can get you dialed in with something that will work great for your needs!

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Sold it to a very good friend when I bought the 15. His wife still drives it daily delivering and making service runs on musical instruments to schools all over the southern state area.
haha very nice...

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
You shorten the life of the engine, but with proper fueling, and the right tune, you can go very far and live a long time, we have cars out there with lots of miles and lots of passes on them in the 11-14. The 15's should prove to be even better.

We have a ton of packages available including Paxton, vortech, procharger, roush, and hellion for the 2015s. We can get you dialed in with something that will work great for your needs!
I would even go further to say that with a good tune you shorten the theoretical life but will problably not shorten the service life by much, for example, it wasn't the extra horsepower that killed my engine at 270000 miles, it was a failure of the oilpump that did, while I was beating on it hard on a long high speed trip on the autobahn.

It is my fault as I wanted to change the oilpump at 200000 miles but tried to pinch pennies.:headbonk:

If you take care of it, you should see well over 100,000 before you even need to consider a rebuild
Sponsored