New Navigation map update June 29th

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
I did the same - Dealer said APIM was zonked and they had to order a new one. I showed them your (I think) picture of what work was done and they said they tried to do it but no luck.
Update: for grins I decided to do a master reset and low and behold all the voice commands came back. Then went for a ride and tried to update using the second Ford USB. Went just like it was supposed to and loaded fine and still have voice commands.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I told a few people to reset their sync but none seem to listen

Arcadia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Velocity Blue
Lol!.. That’s because people don’t read the thread!! Just ask questions or report the same issues that have already been addressed in previous post!
I did the reset and it did nothing - the master reset did the job.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Update: for grins I decided to do a master reset and low and behold all the voice commands came back. Then went for a ride and tried to update using the second Ford USB. Went just like it was supposed to and loaded fine and still have voice commands.
Wow, congrats!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I told a few people to reset their sync but none seem to listen
I did and it worked on the second or third attempt which might have been the first time I did it correctly.

Sponsored

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
After 90 minutes it finally showed update complete remove USB. I waited the 15 seconds and restarted the engine, checked screen still 1.18 and not 1.19. I purposedly bought the USB since it said provides support while the download does not. Well I called the number on the package 800-392-3673 totally useless, I then called the number for Sync 800-900-8458 they said they just provide the USB I should call the other number. The first time I called the 800-392-3673 was told the engineers are aware of it and wait for Sync 3.4 I asked for a supervisor none available.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
After 90 minutes it finally showed update complete remove USB. I waited the 15 seconds and restarted the engine, checked screen still 1.18 and not 1.19. I purposedly bought the USB since it said provides support while the download does not. Well I called the number on the package 800-392-3673 totally useless, I then called the number for Sync 800-900-8458 they said they just provide the USB I should call the other number. The first time I called the 800-392-3673 was told the engineers are aware of it and wait for Sync 3.4 I asked for a supervisor none available.
Congrats you got it to work! Are your voice commands still working?

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Update on mine (its working and updated)

1st and original attempt at upgrading the map: removed it too soon, like most people with the problem File 21 copied (MAPS) and file 22(VoiceNAV) was not since its in the last section of the install.

2nd attempt I didn't want to do the whole set over again, so I modified the install file to install section 2 and 3. This took a long time and rebooted several times. (over 3) on my long drive. Like an idiot I removed it too soon again and got an error. I still had only file 22 missing.

3rd and working attempt: I modified the installer file to only install the last section. Took it for a spin and the install went smooth and did not reboot. After it was done it stayed on the 'Remove USB' line and i made sure to wait to make sure it wasn't going to reboot again. Clicked ok and removed the USB. Parked the car and went in for dinner. This had the car off for a good couple of hours and not just a stop/restart. Upon restart i checked the files. File 22 was present and voice nav worked like a charm. No master reset necessary.

If you bought the USB stick, always copy the data off the stick to your PC first so you have a good working copy and your license file just in case the data on the stick becomes corrupt.
If you downloaded it, make sure you keep this and your license file to have a good working copy, just in case the data on the stick becomes corrupt.

What I may suggest to anyone with the USB attempting this and removed it prior to when you were supposed to. You've removed the stick without un-mounting it properly. This can mess up the files on the stick.
You may have to (and should) reformat your USB stick and re-copy the data over before attempting the install again.

If doing the sections didn't work for me, I would have done the whole install again (all 3 sections)after formatting the key. It's just time consuming.

Also anyone late in the thread.
For 3.2/3.3 users
Yes, your map version will show the wrong/previous version.
It's a bug.

Live with it until Sync 3.4 is released.
It's a known issue.
Look at your file versions to make sure its updated.

Last edited:

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Last I checked in Oasis, it was still showing July for MY20, early August MY19. Haven't heard any specific dates yet.
My car is a MY 18 currently with 3.0 build 19025. Do you know whether or not 3.4 will be officially available to MY 18 and it so what "features" or "fixes", etc. are included that my current 3.0 doesn't have?

Note that my car is a "base" GT PP with 301A plus Navigation in case that makes a difference.

Thanks again!
Sponsored