New Navigation map update June 29th

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
3.0 user here. Map version shows upgraded but Navigation voice controls don't work.
I tried what tech support suggested regarding "usb out" engine running and then off, open door then lock and immediately (within 3 seconds) close door, wait at least 2 minutes and then restart. Various messages show up with update failed as the final message.

I will contact tech support next week before going through the hassle of a master reset and having to reenter user data, settings, etc.
Did you pull out the usb when it told you it was okay to remove? When I installed the maps it told me upgrade successfull many times but the last time I got this prompt. I did notice that while it was updating I tried voice control and it didn't work. Once it told me to remove usb and I restartedthe car then voice control started working
20200715_182018.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Unfortunately mine appeared to stall after almost 1 1/2 hours so I pulled the usb before getting that message. I did that because the instructions said it should take about 60 minutes and since I had left the car running in my driveway I guessed that the message had appeared and cleared while I was away. I did do the restart as directed and since the sync status indicated map version 1-19 it looked like everything was fine . . . until a test drive made it clear that NAV voice response was gone. I've done a variety of things that appear to start the process again but they quickly result in Error Code: BGMAPERR01.

Note that I've tried with my own usb 3.0 and with the Ford usb. Both with the correct license file.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Unfortunately mine appeared to stall after almost 1 1/2 hours so I pulled the usb before getting that message. I did that because the instructions said it should take about 60 minutes and since I had left the car running in my driveway I guessed that the message had appeared and cleared while I was away. I did do the restart as directed and since the sync status indicated map version 1-19 it looked like everything was fine . . . until a test drive made it clear that NAV voice response was gone. I've done a variety of things that appear to start the process again but they quickly result in Error Code: BGMAPERR01.

Note that I've tried with my own usb 3.0 and with the Ford usb. Both with the correct license file.
For me it was about 2 hours then I got the you can remove USB message

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
In the directions they sent me they said it will restart several times and only remove the USB when the message won't go away on its own. After that voice still didn't work until I did a master reset.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
So tried to update mine and got an error message that it failed (BGMAP_ERR01) and I should try and "re-download the files" well you can't do that from the site so I just re-did them to the USB and am trying again - it gave me one notice that an update was in progress and now its has been running for going on 50min with nothing on the screen to indicate ANYTHING is happening....what a crap ass update process this is. So we just sit an let our car run for over an hour and HOPE it works?

Note even after it failed it showed my map version was 1.19...so are they really there or did it up date that but nothing else?

Edit - left it running for 80min....never got a done screen, never got a "remove USB" nothing....but the version shows

Build 19205_PRODUCT
Navigation Map Version: NA 1 19

Last edited:

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
So tried to update mine and got an error message that it failed (BGMAP_ERR01) and I should try and "re-download the files" well you can't do that from the site so I just re-did them to the USB and am trying again - it gave me one notice that an update was in progress and now its has been running for going on 50min with nothing on the screen to indicate ANYTHING is happening....what a crap ass update process this is. So we just sit an let our car run for over an hour and HOPE it works?

Not even after it failed it showed my map version was 1.19...so are they really there or did it up date that but nothing else?
You need to check your IVSU screen....
467555-b9cb9f0dc09ca831e5ec89778b3fb406-jpg.jpg

Those are the files for 1.19 nav and corresponding nav voice on 3.3

Last edited:

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
FWIW - I have the latest Sync 3 version on my 2016 GT Premium, I ordered the USB for $149, then shortly got the email, that a revised version was on the way, so I waited a few days to get that one. I installed while driving around in a state park, it took 37 minutes until the final "remove the USB" message. Everything works correctly, including voice commands. it shows map version 1 19. Good luck to all!

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
In the directions they sent me they said it will restart several times and only remove the USB when the message won't go away on its own. After that voice still didn't work until I did a master reset.
Thanks for the advice and info. Unfortunately it didn't help on my car. It "seemed" like it was installing correctly after the master reset, gave the appropriate messages, etc. but even then the Nav voice controls still won't work.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
FWIW - I have the latest Sync 3 version on my 2016 GT Premium, I ordered the USB for $149, then shortly got the email, that a revised version was on the way, so I waited a few days to get that one. I installed while driving around in a state park, it took 37 minutes until the final "remove the USB" message. Everything works correctly, including voice commands. it shows map version 1 19. Good luck to all!
Again, only those with Sync3 3.3 are affected.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
You need to check your IVSU screen....
467555-b9cb9f0dc09ca831e5ec89778b3fb406-jpg.jpg

Those are the files for 1.19 nav and corresponding nav voice
Here is what I have when I get to that screen (2016 GT)
Version is Build 19205_PRODUCT
Navigation maps Version: NA 1 19

20200719_150257.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I did the master reset after it was installed. It was the final thing I did.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Again, only those with Sync3 3.3 are affected.
BTW, I got an email from a person at the Ford IVT office that had been helping me. She stated that Sync 3.4 will fix the incorrect map version number from being displayed, and they hoped to release 3.4 by the end of the month.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
BTW, I got an email from a person at the Ford IVT office that had been helping me. She stated that Sync 3.4 will fix the incorrect map version number from being displayed, and they hoped to release 3.4 by the end of the month.
LOL! What month? What year? :giggle:

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
LOL! What month? What year? :giggle:
Right?!!!.. Thats been the same response for the past year!!
Sponsored