07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Looks super snazzy, nice pick-up.

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
how are those Zamp helmets compared to Bell, Simpson, Racequip, etc?

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I can't compare, but it's light, solid, nice finish, fits well, the tinted visor has good clarity. It's good for my purposes - But I'm a novice.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going to be out there on Sunday?
I'll be there on Saturday, offering free hugs and kisses to all fans in attendance. My non-Mustang friends from last time (Bob, Jeff, Mark, et al) will be there Sunday, but my back isn't yet there for two action packed days of twerking.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
I'll be there on Saturday, offering free hugs and kisses to all fans in attendance. My non-Mustang friends from last time (Bob, Jeff, Mark, et al) will be there Sunday, but my back isn't yet there for two action packed days of twerking.
Sorry to hear about your back - get well ASAP!

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought a Zamp RZ65C after previously always running a forced air Bell Helmet. I went with Zamp because Bell Helmets are way more expensive now as they seem to have gone up market with their offerings. Also with Zamp you get a replaceable liner that can help with sizing. Finally, Zamp uses the same shield part number for all of their helmets so it means there will be no issues getting replacements in the future. This had become an issue with my Bell.

Its hard to make a direct comparison because my last Bell was an SA2010 and my Zamp is an SA2020 so the spec has changed. Both helmets are tight in the cheek area and when new both helmets were/are tight on the crown on my head. After some use both helmets became and have become more comfortable. Some of the hardware on the Zamp is of a lower quality than the Bell - the chin strap buckle is thinner material and the visor screws have machining flash on them.

In a perfect world you could go to a brick and mortar store and try on several brands of helmets but that isn't the way things are now. Because I was switching brands, I wanted a helmet that I could resize my self if I guess wrong when I ordered it. So Zamp was the answer.

Sponsored

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I bought a Zamp RZ65C after previously always running a forced air Bell Helmet. I went with Zamp because Bell Helmets are way more expensive now as they seem to have gone up market with their offerings. Also with Zamp you get a replaceable liner that can help with sizing. Finally, Zamp uses the same shield part number for all of their helmets so it means there will be no issues getting replacements in the future. This had become an issue with my Bell.

Its hard to make a direct comparison because my last Bell was an SA2010 and my Zamp is an SA2020 so the spec has changed. Both helmets are tight in the cheek area and when new both helmets were/are tight on the crown on my head. After some use both helmets became and have become more comfortable. Some of the hardware on the Zamp is of a lower quality than the Bell - the chin strap buckle is thinner material and the visor screws have machining flash on them.

In a perfect world you could go to a brick and mortar store and try on several brands of helmets but that isn't the way things are now. Because I was switching brands, I wanted a helmet that I could resize my self if I guess wrong when I ordered it. So Zamp was the answer.
Thank you! This is what I needed. I had been considering different helmet options for some time, but couldn't make up my mind as to which way to go. Zamp was a brand that was new to me, and wanted to get another opinion from someone who had utilized a more "mainstream" option.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thank you! This is what I needed. I had been considering different helmet options for some time, but couldn't make up my mind as to which way to go. Zamp was a brand that was new to me, and wanted to get another opinion from someone who had utilized a more "mainstream" option.
I really like my Zamp. It's comfortable and of good quality. It's definitely more basic than the top tier helmets but for an occasional track day enthusiast or autocrosser they're a great option.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car