Sponsored

Helmet Recommendation

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Oh for sure, have no thoughts of trying to resell down the road. Just figured if one’s already got a cool paint scheme might as well give it a look. Not opposed to a solid color helmet either.

One thing I did not get a chance to do is try on the helmets with my sunglasses on (they’re prescription as I need glasses when driving) since it’s been so cloudy around here the last 10 days or so. I’ll have to go back to Northstar and do that as my sunglasses frames are thicker than my regular glasses (Oakley Gascan). No issues with comfort/fitment with my regular glasses. Or would I just be better off with regular glasses and a tinted visor?
either way, its a good idea to try helmets on with either/both pairs.
Sponsored

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought an RZ-64C last year. Selling points were the removable liner that allows the helmet to be resized and the liner to be cleaned. All Zamps use the same visor part number.

What ever you buy, get one that has good ventilation so you have drive with the visor down as much as possible. Amazing amounts of stuff come in through an open side window. Which why I would never consider an open face help for track usage.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I ve been at tracks that will not allow motorcycle helmets. FYI

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I bought an RZ-64C last year. Selling points were the removable liner that allows the helmet to be resized and the liner to be cleaned. All Zamps use the same visor part number.

What ever you buy, get one that has good ventilation so you have drive with the visor down as much as possible. Amazing amounts of stuff come in through an open side window. Which why I would never consider an open face help for track usage.
Good to know about stuff coming through the window. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I found a Bell B2 Vision EV to try on today (my brother in law has one and we have similar head sizes and shapes) and it’s the most comfortable helmet I’ve tried on so far. Both my regular glasses and sunglasses fit and felt comfortable so thats likely the route I’m going to go. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. Merry Christmas!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
you made your buy, good deal. I have a Raceqip full face with visor. I went all summer with just the clear visor and I wear glasses it was fine. btw I drive a convertible with top down on the track, so far haven't had any debris issues. But when spending for safety you don't have to have a $1200 helmet but probably better than a $150 one. I've never heard of anyone asking for a recommendation for a cheap Neurosurgeon.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
I found a Bell B2 Vision EV to try on today (my brother in law has one and we have similar head sizes and shapes) and it’s the most comfortable helmet I’ve tried on so far. Both my regular glasses and sunglasses fit and felt comfortable so thats likely the route I’m going to go. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions. Merry Christmas!
Excellent choice - I wear the Bell EV (extended vision) Sport - I wear glasses also & use the tinted visor with silver coating.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Excellent choice - I wear the Bell EV (extended vision) Sport - I wear glasses also & use the tinted visor with silver coating.
I‘m going to order it with a clear visor for days I wear my sunglasses (polarized with a blue mirror finish) and am ordering an additional blue mirror visor for when I wear my regular glasses.

Sponsored

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
I‘m going to order it with a clear visor for days I wear my sunglasses (polarized with a blue mirror finish) and am ordering an additional blue mirror visor for when I wear my regular glasses.
Again, excellent choice. I have a clear that I use on cloudy days. Bell makes the visor swap rather pain free.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
It would be advantageous to get a visor sleeve for protection while the spare is off the helmet. I use these, they’re super soft, won’t scratch & are really inexpensive.
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=3140

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Regarding neck collars - I would not attribute much of a safety benefit to them. They will help you deal with the weight of the helmet on your head but not much else. In fact, I seem to remember that there were discussions around the fact that neck collars could contribute to a neck injury. This seemed to come out when H&N Restraints were new to the club racing world back in the early 2000s. A quick google search didn't find anything regarding this but I think it warrants research.

There is no substitute for a H&N restraint and there are options from Simpson that don't rely on shoulder harnesses like a HANS type.
Sponsored