Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not entirely true. I spoke to a coworker two days ago who is on the waitlist for a Z06 and is a first time buyer. WRT sound, personally love the fact it has the characteristic flat crank sound. I’d have been even more pleased with my Shelby if it had that sound. Just proves not everyone can be satisfied.
Completely agree. The voodoo is definitely unique and will be remembered as such but this is how a FPC should sound.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
5.5L DOHC FPC 8600RPM Redline featuring 670 Horsepower.. Kinda nutty.

Car is pretty ugly, not sure why they went where they did on the style.
Agreed. The back of the thing looks like the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Not entirely true. I spoke to a coworker two days ago who is on the waitlist for a Z06 and is a first time buyer.
It's possible they've since opened it up, otherwise the dealer is using their own allocation for this buyer.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I love this new era of sports cars. Seems like manufacturers are capturing the appreciation for naturally aspirated engines again. So happy they dumped the supercharger.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
LS guys are going to lose it when they hear it has 4 cams
Same bore centers, so they can only cry so much. 😜

This thing is hot. I wonder where pricing will start.

Last edited:

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I don’t mind the design. They were going after the f22 style design. Also I’m sure form and function played a roll as well. I expect this car to be pretty light with a lot of carbon use.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
The list has been full for a while now, the car is OR will quickly hit a 2yr wait IMO.. Besides the usual list, I was told Chevrolet was only allowing specific people on the list. You had to be designated a a Corvette buyer (no first timers) and for a chance at a Z06, ZR1, or the electric one you had to meet some requirements. To top it all off, you could only pick one list to wait on.
I doubt that GM will do that. Sounds more like something Ford would and has done. The Ford GT comes to mind.....

Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
It was already done prior to the unveiling.

:crackup:
Why is that funny? Ciccoa (formerly Kerbeck) did the same thing with regular Stingray Corvettes. They sell more Corvettes than anyone. GM does not have a waiting list like you said in your previous post. Nor do you need to be a prior Corvette owner to order one. All orders must be placed through a dealership. Many dealerships already had started their waitlists, and are probably a mile long.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I wonder if this engine will vibrate its oil filter loose as well 🤣
GT350 owners are just about the only ones saying this car doesn't sound (as) good. No reason for them to be butt hurt (other than some perceived exclusivity of FPC) since it's in completely different playing field.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I wonder if this engine will vibrate its oil filter loose as well 🤣
I read somewhere today that it did in development, so they went with something similar to the later GT350s up front to avoid embarrassment (and worse).

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Why is that funny? Ciccoa (formerly Kerbeck) did the same thing with regular Stingray Corvettes. They sell more Corvettes than anyone. GM does not have a waiting list like you said in your previous post. Nor do you need to be a prior Corvette owner to order one. All orders must be placed through a dealership. Many dealerships already had started their waitlists, and are probably a mile long.
Nobody is selling a Z06 at MSRP to anyone from an online registry anytime soon, not even Kerbeck. Allocation will be even more limited than the base C8 and each dealership already has handfuls of regulars and insiders to give them to. Most dealerships will be happy to throw you on the back of some interest list and call you from time to time as demand and their addendums change. The supply and demand of the C8 is a great indication of what we can expect from the market all other things staying the same.

Regarding the other stuff, I'm not sure how you formed such opinions.. but do you. I don't need to reiterate what I said, I'm in the business and speaking from firsthand knowledge. Yes, allocation is awarded and earned by dealerships and they can do with it what they choose.

Not sure what we're adding to the conversation here.. Nothing here is groundbreaking.
Sponsored