MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The M2 Comp is a great car, it's more of an M than the M3, tighter wheelbase, sheds a few pounds, love the looks. A guy (in the UK) on another board I frequent just picked one up, he went with the DCT.

I wonder if you'll have to reroute any hoses ... :D

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
don't blame ford dealerships... blame the idiots who pay the extra money...

you can sell a bag of crap for a million dollar as long as you can find someone will to pay that for your shit....

in life, there is 2 certain things... dead and an idiot...

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
<- We're both idiots I guess.

But here's a tip, @vanquishvzla, bashing an individual is bad enough but dis'ing a whole group of people is considerably worse. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but the name calling is unnecessary. I knew what I wanted and I paid to get it. It's called supply and demand, a concept that is as old as history.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
don't blame ford dealerships... blame the idiots who pay the extra money...

you can sell a bag of crap for a million dollar as long as you can find someone will to pay that for your shit....

in life, there is 2 certain things... dead and an idiot...
Most people who are in a financial position where they're able to pay and get what they want, didn't get to that position in life because they were "idiots". It's their money and their car. Who cares how they purchased it.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
<- We're both idiots I guess.

But here's a tip, @vanquishvzla, bashing an individual is bad enough but dis'ing a whole group of people is considerably worse. You are certainly entitled to your opinion but the name calling is unnecessary. I knew what I wanted and I paid to get it. It's called supply and demand, a concept that is as old as history.
Kent, buddy ole pal, you are such a kind hearted person. No need to feed the troll my friend. The more you feed them, the more they come back, and tell their friends. Not worth the spilt second of your time. They seem to hold a resentment towards us, that because of us, they will not find an MSRP deal. GFY is my take on this matter.

You know how much ADM I paid, and I haven't lost a minute of sleep over it, as I am sure you have not. Sometimes you got to pay to play, and most of them can't afford to pay anyhow. Not my concern. How people think they can cast their judgement on others, like they are the Almighty, is beyond me. I am happy for the ones who were able to make MSRP happen. I would have liked to be one of them, but it wasn't in the cards fo me. My business, if you don't like it piss off.

That said, you and I got "in" when MSRP was unthinkable. We have had our cars for over a year, enjoying them to our fullest. Money well spent if you ask me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Kent, buddy ole pal, you are such a kind hearted person. No need to feed the troll my friend. The more you feed them, the more they come back, and tell their friends. Not worth the spilt second of your time. They seem to hold a resentment towards us, that because of us, they will not find an MSRP deal. GFY is my take on this matter.

You know how much ADM I paid, and I haven't lost a minute of sleep over it, as I am sure you have not. Sometimes you got to pay to play, and most of them can't afford to pay anyhow. Not my concern. How people think they can cast their judgement on others, like they are the Almighty, is beyond me. I am happy for the ones who were able to make MSRP happen. I would have liked to be one of them, but it wasn't in the cards fo me. My business, if you don't like it piss off.

That said, you and I got "in" when MSRP was unthinkable. We have had our cars for over a year, enjoying them to our fullest. Money well spent if you ask me.
We are a lot alike, lol

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Like most great musicians Bruce should stfu when it comes to politics. Don’t get me wrong. I’ve paid to see him......play not preach.
My sister still asks if anbody ever found her BS albums. I took a stack of them to the Niagara Gorge and one by one, flung them like the frisbees they were, towards Canada as they glided ever so softly down into the river a few hundred feet below. The album covers flew even further than the records did. This is how I became interested in aerodynamics, trying to better understand how a square slice could cut through the atmosphere better than a rounded one. I think her James Taylor albums helped further the study as well. See, poor politics can actually make science better!

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Jaime: As always, you are too kind but thank you. Of course, you are absolutely correct regarding me wasting my breath and, making it worse...I should know better but that one kinda struck an ugly chord with me so I felt the need ifyouknowhwhatImeanVern.

" GFY is my take on this matter."

Had me nearly on the floor laughing and on a cold and rainy day, that was most welcome.

Nope, haven't thought about the ADM since I spent it and seriously, I couldn't be happier. Yep, the handful of us that pulled it off when it was damn difficult for many is something for the books. "That was quite a year (Summer to Summer) and those words hardly begin to describe it.

However, as you said, out of the ugliness came some priceless friendships and for me, that's more than enough to compensate for Ford and The Germ.

Well said my good friend...

Tob: You're KILLING me, man! <laughing> I personally don't believe we knew squat about politics back then even though we THOUGHT we did. <big grin> I'd have to go check but I'm fairly certain that I still have some of that aerodynamic vinyl and those extraordinary covers. :-)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Nothing about their shape forms an airfoil.
I dunno, Mik. Seems to me there is a "saucer" effect going on with the vinyl which I would have thought, along with its mass, would make for a much more efficient airfoil and, remain airborne much longer than the cardboard.

1610298508077.png

But, it appears as though either there isn't enough aero going on with the vinyl from the outer edge inward or, the vinyl is simply too heavy and gravity wins out.

Me thinks the updrafts would effect both equally albeit not with the same result.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I bought an M2 instead. I don't want to get into a BMW Ford battle I'm not a brand freak just like fun fast cars. I had the money to get GT 350 etc but Ford dealers and the ADM bs made me look elsewhere. so far, glad I did
M2 is a cool car in my opinion. I like the size of it quite a bit and BMW's manual transmissions are buttery smooth. I just wish BMW would still make a V8 and put it in a small, relatively inexpensive car like this. If BMW had a V8 in the M2 I might own one. IMO the straight 6 is either blah or yuck.

Nebraska is the best Springsteen album. Don't like my hot take? Fight me.

Oh yeah, Wish You Were Here is the best Floyd. Come at me bro.

Bonus commentary: Born in the USA is not about what many people __think__ it's about.
I like Wish You Were Here a lot, but Springsteen was so overplayed that I really can't stand him at all. Even the mention of him makes me vomit a little in my mouth. Sorry to those that love him. Not trying to start a flame war, but the worst evil of music is being overplayed/over exposed in my opinion.

And on ADMs - people have a really good point about asking price not equalling sold price. When I was looking at GT350s I had options at two dealers, one for $2k over and one for $5k over. Not wanting to pay any ADM, I was looking around at other dealers. I went to a dealer who then told me they wanted $20k over and laughed when I said I was looking for MSRP. I don't plan to go back there. They will never get a sale from me.

But some person who's a good negotiator might have been able to talk them all the way down to MSRP and buy the car. Not knowing, I might assume since the car sold it went for $20k over, but it's probably not the case.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Bringing back TOO many college memories, Mik but while a feather will in fact fall as quickly as a bowling ball, I do believe mass and gravity do come into play when we're talking glide range.

Roger on the vinyl being slightly smaller and slightly less affected by the updrafts which, would not be constant.

As a former Gold medalist in Frisbee, I think had I been throwing each, I would have done better with the vinyl. :-)

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I’ve hung out on here for five years or so and have come to notice that through all the bickering and bs @Epiphany finds a way to make lemonade out of lemons in any thread. Keep up the good work!
Sponsored