Sponsored

$80k ADM Markup on 2020 GT500 LOL

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In two weeks time, all of that exclusivity will change. It's getting warm enough to where FlatRock can pump out (move around the yard) gt350 & gt500's.
With the impending Wutang craziness I'm not so sure that'll be the case. If this gets as ugly as it could, we may see the lowest production of all years planned.
Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That's never gonna happen.

"Gee, let's all band together and boycott these dealer markups"

That's naive and a foolish position to make.

There are people with money who dont care about whether you get one or not. Apparently Ford and the dealership system feel the same way or it would be a different story.

Edited to add:

What fool would buy one of these cars as an investment at a substantial dealer markup?

More jibberish.....
because you'll never get your return on investment! foolish or not in your opinion you have to take a stand somewhere. markups on everything, you go ahead and waste yours.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
because you'll never get your return on investment! foolish or not in your opinion you have to take a stand somewhere. markups on everything, you go ahead and waste yours.
I'm not saying what I'm paying because my dealership doesnt want it to get out how little of an ADM that I am paying for a CFTP.

Besides, this coronavirus will have an effect on the economy and people's ability to pay an ADM. Instant market adjustment..... ADMs may go away.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tell me all about it. The thought of going back to being an FO turns my gut

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The thought of going back to being an FO turns my gut
I feel your pain, amigo but I fear that at least some layoffs will occur. Whether or not the union agrees to out of seniority furlough, (not likely,) or training will be forced upon them and those affected.

And if the White House shuts down all domestic and international travel, all bets are off.

The whole thing sucks, any way you slice it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain, amigo but I fear that at least some layoffs will occur. Whether or not the union agrees to out of seniority furlough, (not likely,) or training will be forced upon them and those affected.

And if the White House shuts down all domestic and international travel, all bets are off.

The whole thing sucks, any way you slice it.
Out of seniority furlough? Never.

I'm worried about my bretheren.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Out of seniority furlough? Never.
I hear ya, Tom, but you can be certain that management will try. You might even wind up having to sit at home and get paid, too. :-) They just have to balance the odds of how long this thing will affect the business model against the cost to furlough and train or, pay to sit.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya, Tom, but you can be certain that management will try. You might even wind up having to sit at home and get paid, too. :-) They just have to balance the odds of how long this thing will affect the business model against the cost to furlough and train or, pay to sit.
And a partial month salary is on the table. Right now, it's all uncertain.

One thing is for sure, nothing will happen out of seniority.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Only if there are more junior folks than senior like American's original B-Scale that eventually got voted down when that ratio changed.

One thing for sure is certain...nothing.
You know we dont have a B scale anymore.

Semantics

SuperSnake427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2001 Mustang, 1967 Mustang Fastback, 1966 Shelby Cobra
Cars.com has them listed at MSRP...
Lots of dealers have them “listed” for MSRP. I called many, only to hear the typical ADM line. I’ll believe it when I actually see one sell at that amount.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
You know we dont have a B scale anymore.
<smiling> Yes, I know, Tom, I was merely pointing out an example where juniority won out over seniority.
Sponsored