Need some info on the EB

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Not to start one of those threads but an eco with intake, exhaust, downpipe, and tune (intercooler recomended) makes 320hp-400tq at the wheels compared to a Gt that makes 380hp -360tq at the wheels. These mods will set you back $2.5k. The GT will still be slightly faster but not by much and driven reasonably you will have even better gas mileage than stock. Plus you will only be paying EB insurance (2/3rds what I was quoted for a GT) I got a stripper EB for 24k btw. With the 2016s about to hit production you might get one for less.
Sponsored

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I agree with this. If I were to do it all over again I would get a base with PP and recaros. For what I paid for this I could've gotten a base GT with PP. but let's see how this platform holds up.

Take note, this 19mpg you're seeing would be close to 12 or so if you had a GT. just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh for sure. I love ripping the car around and it really gets going in the power band!. i can't keep my foot out of the pedal lol

my final price after A-Plan was 31,300 A-plan on a GT with PP was 33,000 roughly. so ultimately i am glad i got the ECO, because i leased its pretty cheap. but when i buy the next one, it will be base with PP and recaros for sure

Not to start one of those threads but an eco with intake, exhaust, downpipe, and tune (intercooler recomended) makes 320hp-400tq at the wheels compared to a Gt that makes 380hp -360tq at the wheels. These mods will set you back $2.5k. The GT will still be slightly faster but not by much and driven reasonably you will have even better gas mileage than stock. Plus you will only be paying EB insurance (2/3rds what I was quoted for a GT) will
yep, i can mod and have fun with it without making the car too much of a monster and my insurance is 50$$ less per month as well as a much cheaper car payment. overall i see nothing but good things with the ECO

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
-Average MPG you guys get
- What does a tune do performance wise for the EB as far as power gains
-Would you recommend the premium package over the base model, i know it's not much more but is it really worth it?

Thanks to those of you that will answer kindly.
-I average 25 MPG for every tank +/- .5mpg. for the last 11,000 miles
-The tune is a MUST HAVE...pick up 40-60hp and 70-90 torque for $500 its a no brainer
-I skipped premium and went with performance and Recaro as all those switches on the dash look ugly to me and I would rather have performance over electronics but this will vary for each buyer. Recaro seats are AMAZING I drive 1800-2000 miles a month in them and LOVE every minute...plus they are fantastic at Autox!

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I can answer 2 of the 3, with one of the 2 being a Turbo Audi

You WANT to chip it, becomes DAY'N'NIGHT difference. My A4 gained 55hp/80tq if I'm not mistaken and went from nice to WOAH! Now I also have a hfc, so its around 285/317 from 200/207, so its real lively and changed the nature of the beast

As far as premium, its a personal choice but I can't personally do without it. Also got the performance package, feel its better to have than to regret and I do travel weekly, so having a navi is helpful and a must have in my books

Hope that helps

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My mpg average is about 19. It is because I live 5 mins away from work and mostly local driving. I got my tune but I havent use it yet because I am waiting for the last part of the upgrade to arrive. I have the Premium version and It is worthy every penny. Im not sure how the PP is but mostly everyone said it is if you get a great deal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well gentleman I am a proud owner of an ecoboost mustang :) It's a premium package not the performance package (there was none available close to my area and I'm impatient) but let it be known I did like my v6 it just couldn't get me where I wanted to be performance wise.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Congrats you're going to love it!
Time to change your signature lol
Pictures??

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Well gentleman I am a proud owner of an ecoboost mustang :) It's a premium package not the performance package (there was none available close to my area and I'm impatient) but let it be known I did like my v6 it just couldn't get me where I wanted to be performance wise.

Welcome to the boost side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It's the same color as my v6 was lol its going to be funny racing my friends now I'll just tell them I changed the wheels haha. Man I love the car already it's not as fast as my v6 but a tune will change that :)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
It's the same color as my v6 was lol its going to be funny racing my friends now I'll just tell them I changed the wheels haha. Man I love the car already it's not as fast as my v6 but a tune will change that :)
Traitor!!! :rant:

Haha :thumbsup: enjoy the ecoboost!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Traitor!!! :rant:

Haha :thumbsup: enjoy the ecoboost!
I'm sorry haha I'll still be on the v6 forums as well I won't forget you guys :)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry haha I'll still be on the v6 forums as well I won't forget you guys :)
Cool :D

So are you going to have your car tuned by Torrie considering you already have the X4 from the 6?

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Cool :D

So are you going to have your car tuned by Torrie considering you already have the X4 from the 6?
Yes but the car only has 50 miles on it right now. How long do you think I should wait to tune it?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yes but the car only has 50 miles on it right now. How long do you think I should wait to tune it?
I would wait tell you get over the break in period of 1000 miles.

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)