Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
-Average MPG you guys get
- What does a tune do performance wise for the EB as far as power gains
-Would you recommend the premium package over the base model, i know it's not much more but is it really worth it?

Thanks to those of you that will answer kindly.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
-Would you recommend the premium package over the base model, i know it's not much more but is it really worth it?

Joe.... What are you doing? :paddle:

Haha! I kid!

EcoStang530

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoStang Premium

In the city I get about 22mpg(have a heavy foot) on the highway I've seen upwards of 31mpg
A tune would increase torque and HP(numbers will vary depending on which tune you chose)
Premium package? Hell yes lol it's a much nicer place to be in:D

Tharp92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO EB

Normal driving in the country I avg 25-26 mpg with tune when not getting on it often... have pulled 30+ no problem on highway

A tune and IC are the first things you should even consider purchasing for your ecoboost. A tune especially from adam at MAP is the best bang for the buck and will completely transform your car.

I don't have the premium package and Dont miss it. Had a new ram 1500 fully loaded and never used any of the extras. Depends on what your looking for out of the car. I wanted a bare bones car that was fun to drive. I never regret not getting the premium package only thing I wish I had was performance package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Based on what I've seen, MPG average is all over the board. Most I have seen are mid-high 20's combined with most people getting 30+ on the highway and as low as 16 in the city. But there does not seem to be a true average for this car, probably too many variables such as weather, terrain, and most importantly driving style. Boost is addicting.

As far as gains from a tune, it varies, but most will add around 40whp and roughly 80-90ft/lbs to the wheels. These are rough estimates as MAP is doing some crazy things with just a tune. He has 2 stock turbo cars over 360whp, or about 80whp over stock.

Personally, there was no option without the premium. My requirements consisted of satellite radio, navigation, and cooled seats. It is all personal preference though.

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
-I get about 22 mpg but that's on a tune and I am about 75 city /25 highway many people are averaging way more than me
-It's hard to put into words but the torque is just ridiculous post tune it does make you realize however horsepower is where the car needs a bump in order to hang with its big brother now I'm on a 93 tune (300/365 loaded dyno)and will be getting an E30 tune in about a week or so and I've heard that's better
-I would highly recommend the premium package the seats alone are way more comfortable than the cloth in my opinion, and the interior just feels like it gives the car the modern refresh ford intended, in a base model I personally feel as if it's outdated

Since I answered your questions I have one for you,
Why are you asking? For a friend or are you contemplating trading?

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
27/28 mixed driving, 32/34 full highway driving

Cobb Stage 1, search

i wanted the performance pack over the premium as I will upgrade the audio myself.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
...because you know you've set yourself up for a thread full of rude posts telling you to 'search'?
I actually feel like the EB section is pretty inviting.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
-I get about 22 mpg but that's on a tune and I am about 75 city /25 highway many people are averaging way more than me
-It's hard to put into words but the torque is just ridiculous post tune it does make you realize however horsepower is where the car needs a bump in order to hang with its big brother now I'm on a 93 tune (300/365 loaded dyno)and will be getting an E30 tune in about a week or so and I've heard that's better
-I would highly recommend the premium package the seats alone are way more comfortable than the cloth in my opinion, and the interior just feels like it gives the car the modern refresh ford intended, in a base model I personally feel as if it's outdated

Since I answered your questions I have one for you,
Why are you asking? For a friend or are you contemplating trading?
I am thinking about selling my car outright and getting an EB. I can sell my v6 outright for a really good price to a family member. I've never had a turbo car before and the EB has some good qualities I like an a few I dislike but are bearable.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I am thinking about selling my car outright and getting an EB. I can sell my v6 outright for a really good price to a family member. I've never had a turbo car before and the EB has some good qualities I like an a few I dislike but are bearable.
Since I already know you are going to say sound, I highly recommend you go to MA Performance's YouTube page and listen to their big turbo car. I think it sounds great.

OP
OP
Joe_Stang

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Since I already know you are going to say sound, I highly recommend you go to MA Performance's YouTube page and listen to their big turbo car. I think it sounds great.
I actually test drove an EB awhile ago and I didn't like how quiet the turbo was so this would have to be fixed if I got one. I want to hear the turbo spool up lol.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium

This. The MAP non resonated exhaust with stock downpipe has probably the best sound, aside from the magnaflow competition catback.

Anyway, I get about 23-24mpg average. City I could get around 20-21, lowest I've gotten was 18, and that was me driving like an idiot.

Highway I'll stay around 25 or 26, but our freeways here aren't long enough to have a non stop road trip to see a true highway average.

I wanted the premium because it just looks better and I wanted the MFT screen. The drive mode switches are awesome too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tharp92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO EB
If you are looking to max out performance with the EB then I would recommend the change. My father has a 15 V6 with a tune and bolt ons and the car is very quick for the street. Is it as fast as my EB.. no.. but he bought his car as a good daily and that's what it's used for and does great. If looking to get Max performance the change is worth it. And options are endless with a turbo 4
Sponsored