Sponsored

Need help deciding which procharger

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
917rwhp on E85 with a 3.12 pulley, and I went 9.2 @ 151. My car is a full weight 401a auto with mag ride. I mean every single option for a coupe too. Zero weight reduction. Not sure if it's maxed out, but I'm way passed rated impeller speed, even though my V3 is a 2019 unit with the "silently" upgraded slingers, but my IAT's are nuts at the end of a pass so, I'm sure I could push a little more, if I utilized meth, nitrous, or go a2w.

I'm also not running at a great track with decent DA. I'm sure if I can get some cool fall air, and some negative DA, it may have an 8.9 in it.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...pulley-on-e85-dyno.140419/page-2#post-2933527
Oh yea, you got that thing singing! Cant wait to see what you do with it next.
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Dominant1,

I've never put more than 4k miles on my blower oil. It's sounded that way since day one.

OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Helical gear option gets rid of that sound if interested. Then just sounds like a jet :sunglasses:
Are helical prochargers still loud? Like can you still hear the "whoosh"? xD

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When i got my Procharger D1x I chose the tial 50 mm bov. I like the way they sound. I had one on my previous 2012 Gt Paxton car.

https://ibb.co/tJ03ZSq

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Any opinions on the red race valve offered from prochager? looks pretty sick from what ive seen
i upgraded to big red about 4-5 years after having the procharger kit. I wish I would have done it sooner it’s badass and loud. You get used to it pretty quick though so it’s not annoying. Plus it sounds damn mean rolling down the street!!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Are helical prochargers still loud? Like can you still hear the "whoosh"? xD
The woosh is from the BOV but helical Procharger's are still pretty loud as far as the higher pitched whistle sound they make, I can hear it from inside the car with the window down. Non-helical are just even louder. I regret getting helical on mine after hearing the straight gears in person.

OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The woosh is from the BOV but helical Procharger's are still pretty loud as far as the higher pitched whistle sound they make, I can hear it from inside the car with the window down. Non-helical are just even louder. I regret getting helical on mine after hearing the straight gears in person.
Perfect. As long as it drives fear into those who hear it

Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Perfect. As long as it drives fear into those who hear it
If that is your goal definitely go with the race red bypass valve. Car is super loud now on cold starts compared to the stock pro-flow valve. No denying you are supercharged with that thing installed

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
If that is your goal definitely go with the race red bypass valve. Car is super loud now on cold starts compared to the stock pro-flow valve. No denying you are supercharged with that thing installed
With the f1a-94 at moon boost, the big red is literally dumping air at idle

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Funny because my P1X is nearly silent. If I didn't know there was a blower on the car, I wouldn't even notice it. Having an original D1 (oil fed) unit on my old 1989 Fox car made me make the helical decision because that blower was so loud. Perhaps each head unit has it's own signature sound?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Funny because my P1X is nearly silent. If I didn't know there was a blower on the car, I wouldn't even notice it. Having an original D1 (oil fed) unit on my old 1989 Fox car made me make the helical decision because that blower was so loud. Perhaps each head unit has it's own signature sound?
you must not have a bov yet, prochargers are not quiet even with helical gears you can still hear them..

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yep, I'm running a Tial Q50. Ditched the pro flo about a year ago. Making about 9.5 psi on a 4.75" Pulley. I'm not saying it's dead silent, but for sure you really have to listen to hear it. At Idle it's nearly undetectable.
Sponsored