Need help choosing new 6sp

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/performance pack
I run a 2016 GT Premium w/performance pack with a Roush 2.3 supercharger. Running 305/30R20’s out back, 285/30R20’s up front. Last dyno’d at 645 to the wheels, so about 725 at the crank? Anyway, a few weeks ago I hit the gas too hard shifting into 6th and blew it up. My fault I know. I’ve always been disappointed with 1st & 2nd with the 3.73 rear being SC and 5th tops out at only 145 which is too slow. 6th is too steep and not designed for pulling so its fragile. To make a long one short, I’m now in the market for a rebuild, new or swap. Been looking at a Calimer stage-3 MT-82 to pair with a 3.31 rear diff or swap with a magnum xl and keep the 3.73 rear. Had a Centerforce DYAD DS twin disk 23 spline installed less than 1000 miles ago. Either way I’d need a 26 spline clutch disk to go along with the build. Just looking for some advice as I’m torn on what to do. Thanks!
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there was an extensive thread about the XL retrofit and the OP finally gave up and went back to the Getrag. Either get a gen2 Getrag with upgrades, or buy the Tremec from Ford or a junk yard? A fair number of crashed Shelbys on copart.com which could donate useful bits.

OP
OP
Frenetic74

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
there was an extensive thread about the XL retrofit and the OP finally gave up and went back to the Getrag. Either get a gen2 Getrag with upgrades, or buy the Tremec from Ford or a junk yard? A fair number of crashed Shelbys on copart.com which could donate useful bits.
So less issues by sticking with a built MT-82? I’ve been on the phone with Ben Calimer about his stage-3. Thanks for your input.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mustang GT
When you upgrade to the TR6060 or any 26 spline clutch keep us in mind.

We have a 26 spline twin-disc option that will grab better than any other in our lineup and beat them in price as well.

OP
OP
Frenetic74

Frenetic74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Ended up going with the Calimer Stage-3 MT-82 with 26 spline input shaft. Build includes a new 26 spline clutch disc from Centerforce, a REM polished 3.31 R&P and a MGW shifter. Work started today. Will report back with driving impressions when completed.
Sponsored