Sponsored

Need Help Diagnosing Transmission Problems (MT-82)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Sounds like a clutch problem to me, either way even if the Tranny has issues the clutch is #1 thing to replace with a better unit to avoid the 7K rpm lockout and other shifting issues common to the MT82. As mentioned shifter is a pile a trash as well, I would recommend MGW.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ya I wish I knew what was possibly done to the car before or if the clutch was dragging at all before the mods.

Pretty sure it only started dragging after the mods and it definitely only started grinding after the mods.
Take a flashlight and look into the inspection ports/vents in the bottom of the casing to see if an aftermarket clutch has been installed. Usually, the pressure plates are painted in a wide array of colors and you will be able to see this looking through the ports. Also look on the right side of the tranny to see if the counterweight has been removed. This is another sign that work has likely been done to the tranny.

1710533799168-ha.jpg

1710533825850-er.jpg

1710534225494-2t.jpg

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
My car is doing the hard 1st when there is air in the clutch fluid. You press the pedal all the way in but the first refuse to get in mostly doing it when cold. This is fixed with a new flush.
For sure might be air in the line, that would be the best case scenario and should be the first thing to check off the list.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hard clutch pedal is usually air in the brake fluid which is shared and used for clutch hydralics. A good brake/clutch fluid flush (there are extra steps for bleeding the clutch) will go a long way. Also might be that the oil in trans is old so a new oil fill with Motul DCTF will give the parts a much needed lubrication. However if the car has a lot of miles ether a new clutch/flywheel and TOB is needed or if driven long like that maybe some shift fork or synchro is broken and the trans needs to be ether fixed (Ben Calimer) or replaced. Considering how annoying this trans are I wouldn't sweat it and start with fluids as they are relatively cheap and easy to do.
Its actually the opposite, if there is air in the line clutch pedal is really soft or drops down or sticks. Just like your brakes do when there is air in the system. But everything else you said is right.

At OP does pumping help disengage the clutch to be able to shift? if it does that will be a sign that there is air in the system.
Sponsored