Sponsored

Name something on your Mustang that's working as designed and is really irritating.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Came out to the car at lunch to give it a look-see. I think I can live with it, thanks for the advice. I didn't like it when I got the car so I've never messed with it anymore. But the heated wheel function staying up all the time whether on or off is nice. I didn't remember that before but it was probably not cold when I looked at it last time lol

20221212_112838.jpg
I didn't know that either, so that's good. I use Android Auto, so it's still an extra step for me to switch to the Ford elements, but better than nothing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Yes, but it's still annoying when you use CarPlay. A lot of fiddling with the display to turn it on and off.
Yeah, 3 separate pushes in different spots on the screen to turn it on, then another to get back to the CarPlay nav screen. Real PITA.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why does every thread on this forum anymore have to go down the same rabbit hole? Grown adults acting like 3 year olds playing in a sandbox throwing sand at each other. Everyone has their opinions about what is acceptable and what isn't. Just respect the others opinions and go on.

This thread ask what feature you dislike about your car. No where did it ask for your opinion about how someone else uses their car, which they bought with their money.

Now my rant is over. Hope everyone enjoys there pony today. No matter how you decide to drive it.
What did you expect from a thread titled...

Name something on your Mustang that's working as designed and is really irritating.

Winter's coming and many members cars are put away so what else is there to do but bitch, whine, and complain. Most of it in in-jest, so if you continue to read this do so with a laugh and a grain of salt.

Oh and to @TrackMustang and @Gregs24 just stop it. You're acting like a couple of the 3 year olds mentioned in this post. I know both of you are better than that. :like: :fistbump:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I hate that I can't cancel a song alert while the car is moving. (Sirius XM) I have to keep rewinding until I get to a stop. Cancelling an alert is just a single button push, whereas tuning a channel or changing screens is more screen taps.

Sponsored

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
In the summer, the default setting for A/C is recirculate. 🙄 Yes, please recirculate the hot stale air in the cabin to cool the car off...Why would I want cooler, fresh, outside air?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The design feature I find most annoying is having the truck release button right next to the sunglasses drawer in a location hidden by the steering wheel. Every time I turn into bright sun I fumble for the sunglasses drawer trying to be sure I am avoiding the truck release. When I'm wrong, sometimes I'm rolling and the truck release function is blocked by my speed, but several times a year I'm stopping in parking lots and jumping out to close my trunk.
I have the trunk struts that pop the trunk up completely. Which I love.
But imagine mounting a mirror on the inside of your trunk lid, disabling the speed lock for the trunk popper and pop the trunk with the mirror at the people that don't turn off their brights behind you? :crackup:

Ah, yes, that must be the supidest thing I've ever seen in a car.
Luckily I don't use this feature very often, but when I do, I marvel at how limitless human stupidity can sometimes be.
This is not design feature but a fixable issue. Bring it to your dealer and have them perform the TSB on it.
My Bullitt does this occasionally and so does wife's F150. Do you know the TSB number or link I could reference?

Yes, but it's still annoying when you use CarPlay. A lot of fiddling with the display to turn it on and off.
Yeah, 3 separate pushes in different spots on the screen to turn it on, then another to get back to the CarPlay nav screen. Real PITA.
Depending on the system you got, when I'm in Android Auto and want heated steering wheel off or on, I click the little note button > climate > steering wheel heater off/on and then either click "Maps" (which in AA Google Maps replaces the icon for Navigation) or "Android Auto" to take me to the main menu of AA. Cumbersome, but you can get used to it pretty quick.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
1. Lane keeping assist. Thankfully can be switched off.
2. Collision avoidance warning. Haven't found a way to shut that one off yet.

Sponsored

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Hate the key fob on my 2015. Because of the rounded shape the panic button in on the most outside and exposed part, meaning when parked if the fob bumps anything in my pocket at all the full panic alarm goes off.
I forgot about this one, easily the worst. I think what fixed it for me was having a different configuration of keys adjacent to the fob. You know its bad when you can recognize the sound of your own car alarm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But imagine mounting a mirror on the inside of your trunk lid, disabling the speed lock for the trunk popper and pop the trunk with the mirror at the people that don't turn off their brights behind you?
My name is Bond, James Bond. (GoldFinger and the chinese-run gold smeltering factory scene)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You're acting like a couple of the 3 year olds mentioned in this post. I know both of you are better than that.
you have a lot of that substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Hate the key fob on my 2015. Because of the rounded shape the panic button in on the most outside and exposed part, meaning when parked if the fob bumps anything in my pocket at all the full panic alarm goes off.

Yeah, I set that off far too frequently. The work around is to avoid putting the keys into my pocket. But… that’s not good either.
Sponsored