Sponsored

Mystery LED on driver's-side floor?!

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've had my car for six months, but I didn't notice this until today. There is a green LED basically shining through the carpet, about two or three inches below and slightly to the right of the accelerator pedal. See video (apologize for the quality/orientation...but it's good enough to prove I'm not insane.) This isn't a factory thing, is it?

Thanks...
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did you buy the car new?

Have you tried to peel back the carpet to see what is underneath?

Someone spying/tracking you?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Im not saying it was but....
tenor.gif

OP
OP
Zathras

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Car was bought new from a local dealer. Other than that, it's never been out of my possession.

I remember now that they said they installed Lojack on all their new car inventory, but it was supposed to be removed or disabled when I bought it. And I didn't think Lojack modules had a bright shiny LED saying "here I am"...

I'll ask the dealer about it, but I mainly wanted to be sure it wasn't a standard Ford-issue thing...

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Try changing the color of the mycolor in the foot well and see if the led changes color as well...

OP
OP
Zathras

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the mycolor set to use red lighting in the footwells, so it doesn't match that...

LiquidFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Could be a security light? Seems kinda weird that its underneath the carpet though. Did you try what Cobra said, peel back the carpet and see what it is? Cause now I'm curious if I have the same thing hah

HexaNerva

EL 5OH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Probably a recording device of some kind placed there by probably a jaded ex or current lady.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did you peel back the carpet?

If it’s LoJack - those units are only installed by LoJack contractors - Dealerships cannot install them. Only the LoJack installer know where the device would be hidden. Also I can’t see the Dealership having LoJack installed in all of their inventory “hoping” a buyer will agree to activation and the fees associated with the activation. I also can’t see them then having to pay LoJack to come back to uninstall same unit if Customer doesn’t want it.

If that is part of a LoJack installation - that’s a very shoddy installation as the “tracker” is supposed to be totally concealed in an area that no one would be able to spot it or find it.

I know this for fact as I’ve had prior vehicles that had LoJack units installed.

Go peel back the carpet and take pics of what you find.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
So did you peel back the carpet?

If it’s LoJack - those units are only installed by LoJack contractors - Dealerships cannot install them. Only the LoJack installer know where the device would be hidden. Also I can’t see the Dealership having LoJack installed in all of their inventory “hoping” a buyer will agree to activation and the fees associated with the activation. I also can’t see them then having to pay LoJack to come back to uninstall same unit if Customer doesn’t want it.

If that is part of a LoJack installation - that’s a very shoddy installation as the “tracker” is supposed to be totally concealed in an area that no one would be able to spot it or find it.

I know this for fact as I’ve had prior vehicles that had LoJack units installed.

Go peel back the carpet and take pics of what you find.
Years ago I bought a Nissan from a New Jersey dealer that had lojack installed in every car on their lot. If you wanted it, you paid for it. If not, it just remained in the car, deactivated. I remember the salesman telling me they did it for their own security purposes if a car disappeared. I had Lojack in a car years ago and I found the tracker in the passenger side footwell behind the carpet. I guess it depends on the installer, but they don't go through great lengths to hide the unit. I don't remember seeing any lights on it though. Kind of defeats the whole stealth installation.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Dude just pull the carpet and see what it is.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Years ago I bought a Nissan from a New Jersey dealer that had lojack installed in every car on their lot. If you wanted it, you paid for it. If not, it just remained in the car, deactivated. I remember the salesman telling me they did it for their own security purposes if a car disappeared. I had Lojack in a car years ago and I found the tracker in the passenger side footwell behind the carpet. I guess it depends on the installer, but they don't go through great lengths to hide the unit. I don't remember seeing any lights on it though. Kind of defeats the whole stealth installation.
That’s an insane way of doing business as far as loses on expenses like that - to install such a device in every piece of inventory banking on the possibility a customer will want or pay for LoJack or not... maybe they get a great deal from LoJack, but LoJack separately has a price point of anywhere between $800-$1k+ depending on the amount of security the individual wants with the device.

I will say this though - for anyone looking into it, LoJack IS defintley worth the cost. In some States the owner can get a max deduction of 25% off of their annual liability cost of their auto insurance policy. In NJ, you do get the full 25% if the unit is installed. So it pays for itself if you’re keeping the car for years.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
WELL????
Sponsored