Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
When you find the sweet spot : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114126717696 (or similar) :like:
Good idea.
I went with washers so I can adjust the gap easily if needed. But once I find the perfect height I will replace them with spacers. Those stainless steel ones look nice.

By chance you plan on trimming those back. Would not want that to get hung on the carpet, what a ride that would be LMAO
Yes, I will trim them, but they don't reach the carpet anyway. I've checked.
Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Can't you wear 70s platform shoes instead? Ok, j/k.
That mod looks.. I don't know, doesn't look safe. But I might be wrong.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Its just finishing the job carpet interference or not. You need a lathe, make the spacers.

DSC_0009.JPG

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Its just finishing the job carpet interference or not.
I agree. They look wrong like this. I will trim them.

That mod looks.. I don't know, doesn't look safe. But I might be wrong.
It looks wrong because of the ugly washers, and because the bolts are too long. It will look better with proper spacers and the bolts trimmed to the correct length.
But it's as sturdy as it gets, there's nothing unsafe about it. The only thing that may happen would be to inadvertently rev the engine while braking hard. But that would be just a noisy annoyance, no safety issue. And if I find that to happen too often, then I will reduce the gap.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It looks wrong because of the ugly washers, and because the bolts are too long. It will look better with proper spacers and the bolts trimmed to the correct length.
But it's as sturdy as it gets, there's nothing unsafe about it. The only thing that may happen would be to inadvertently rev the engine while braking hard. But that would be just a noisy annoyance, no safety issue. And if I find that to happen too often, then I will reduce the gap.
Pre production, prototype ...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good idea.
I went with washers so I can adjust the gap easily if needed. But once I find the perfect height I will replace them with spacers.
Or maybe not. The screws aren't parallel. To compensate, each washer in the stack, offsets a little from the next so the first and last ones can be flush. If a spacer did not have angled ends parallel with each other, only the edge of each spacer would contact the pedal/mount.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Thank you. Indeed, I am. This is not only the end of a nine month wait, but the fulfilment of a lifetime dream. For me the Mustang has always been the very essence of the concept of car. Raw power. Timeless design. No nonsense. The American dream. Deep in my heart I've always nurtured the hope that some day I would own a Mustang, even if I had to import it myself.
So I'm not just excited, I'm also a bit scared. They say you shouldn't meet your childhood heroes. And that's exactly what I'm about to do - meet my (admittedly not childhood, but early adulthood) hero. I don't know what to expect. I don't know what I've gotten myself into. We'll see... :)

They won't do any detailing. They'll just remove the protective foils and mount the licence plate brackets. I've been dealing with this dealer for several years. I bought two other cars from them, I also go there for yearly checkups and other repairs, and never had any reason whatsoever to complain. They're really good. I have no reason to expect any surprises.
Fixed: Timeless design. No nonsense. The ROMANIAN dream. Deep in my heart I've always nurtured the hope that some day I would own a Mustang

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Interesting approach. I've been thinking of raising the go pedal myself, however from what I've seen, most who do so install spacers at the pedal assembly's mount to the body, bringing the whole unit forward rather than just the pedal. Why not take that approach, Vlad Soare?

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Fixed: Timeless design. No nonsense. The ROMANIAN dream. Deep in my heart I've always nurtured the hope that some day I would own a Mustang
Not quite. The Romanian dream is usually a BMW or a Mercedes. Or, if you're rich, a Ferrari. Romanians (and I think Europeans in general) aren't very fond of American cars, which they find crude. It's only a handful of sentimental fools, like me, who love them.

Interesting approach. I've been thinking of raising the go pedal myself, however from what I've seen, most who do so install spacers at the pedal assembly's mount to the body, bringing the whole unit forward rather than just the pedal. Why not take that approach, Vlad Soare?
That would work just as well, but I'd have to buy it separately, which would be an extra hassle and expense. The Steeda H&T pedal was on my shopping list anyway because of the extra surface that brings it laterally closer to the brake pedal. Besides, I wasn't sure how much I wanted to raise it, if at all. A body-mounted pedal assembly spacer has a fixed thickness, take it or leave it, whereas with these washers I can fine tune the pedal height to my taste.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yesterday I installed the Steeda Tri-Ax shifter. Not the complete assembly that they call the "race" version, but just the shifter itself, which is sometimes refered to as the "street" version. I went with the light version because it was a bit cheaper, a bit easier to install (no need to drop the driveshaft), and I didn't have any actual problems with the stock shifter that the full "race" version might have alleviated; I just wanted a shorter stick with a shorter throw.

The installation was quite difficult due to lack of space, and the fact that I had to do it on ramps didn't help either. With a lot of help from my brother in law, who's as big a car enthusiast as I am and is even more handy with tools than I am, and having access to all the tools we needed (and high quality ones at that), it took us the best part of four hours.

Try as I might, I could never find direct comparisons between the stock shifter and aftermarket ones. Descriptions abound, but actual pictures to show them side by side seem to be as rare as hens' teeth. So I thought I'd take up the slack.

Left: stock. Right: Steeda Tri-Ax

OldVsNew.jpeg

Also, everybody talks about the throw being shorter, the knob sitting in a better position, etc., but exactly how much shorter? How much better? It's a mystery. So, I thought I'd answer these questions.

This is how high the knob sits above the shifter base surround:

H_comp.png

Distance from the dash in first gear:

T1_comp.png

Distance from the dash in second gear:

T2_comp.png

The result is awesome. Not only is the throw much shorter indeed, but there's something about the way it feels that I can't describe in words. I thought the stock shifter was fine (and it was), but this one is in a different league. Each shift feels definite and precise and is accompanied by a satisfying mechanical sound. I love it.
It does, of course, take a bit more effort to shift. But not overly so. It's fine after you get used to it.

Last edited: