Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
To be honest, I haven't given it too much thought. I use to wash my cars often, especially after driving through snow or slush, and never had any problem with rust.
I will look into it though. If it's not too complicated or expensive, I'll consider it.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
To be honest, I haven't given it too much thought. I use to wash my cars often, especially after driving through snow or slush, and never had any problem with rust.
I will look into it though. If it's not too complicated or expensive, I'll consider it.
I'm not sure how your winters are but here in Canada, they dump an excessive amount of brine and salt on the roads. It gets into every crevice and attacks the metals. I like the rust prevention that they spray inside the hood, trunk, doors, rocker panels. All areas prone to moisture build-up. This method involves drilling access holes for the spray wands. They install plugs in the holes afterward. It doesn't sound like a nice thing to do to a new car, but it really helps protect.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That doesn't sound too attractive. I was hoping it would be as easy as just lifting the car and spraying some protective stuff onto its underside. :blush:

Over here they generally use calcium chloride, which isn't as corrosive as table salt. Not because they care about our cars - of course they don't - but because salt tends to destroy the tarmac, and it would cost them too much to repair all the roads every spring. Salt might still be used here and there from time to time, but it isn't as widespread as to turn cars into rust buckets in a few years.

I don't know. I'll think about it. :blush:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
A little late to the party. Congrats!!! Awesome color too!! Sounds like you're already enjoying it.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thank you. :like:
Yes, I am. It's absolutely fantastic. Nothing like any car I've ever had. I'm enjoying every second behind its wheel. I'm so happy when my wife forgets to buy something, like milk or bread, just so I can have an excuse to jump in the car and go buy it myself - and I'll pick a store that's further away, of course. :giggle:
It's a really awesome car. I love it.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Thank you. :like:
Yes, I am. It's absolutely fantastic. Nothing like any car I've ever had. I'm enjoying every second behind its wheel. I'm so happy when my wife forgets to buy something, like milk or bread, just so I can have an excuse to jump in the car and go buy it myself - and I'll pick a store that's further away, of course. :giggle:
It's a really awesome car. I love it.
I'm still that way with mine haha! My daily commute to work is a few miles longer than it has to be just so I can drive on some fun curved roads. I have no issues leaving after I've been home from work to get anything. Can't wait to do an actual road trip with it. After an hour or 2 behind the wheel, I just to drive more. Such a comfortable and satisfying car!

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Unfortunately my daily commute to work is currently suspended until further notice due to this stupid Chinese flu. Our company has imposed a compulsory work-from-home policy. We're not allowed to come into the building unless really necessary, and then only with management approval. :frown:
So for the time being I have to make do with occasional drives to various shops, which I go out of my way to make as long as reasonably possible. :giggle:
The tire shop where I had my tires changed yesterday is just four hundred yards away from my home. Of course I didn't drive straight to it. I took a laaaarge detour. :cwl:

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I looked at the rear side reflectors carefully in all kinds of light, including in direct sunlight. I cannot for the life of me see anything, anything at all, that might even suggest that the colour is fake and they're covered in foil. They look absolutely perfect. So I've decided to leave them like that and not to try sourcing actual red ones. There's no point. Actual red reflectors would look exactly the same.
I didn't count it as the eighth mod because I thought it would be just a temporary workaround. But now I'll consider it the eighth mod.

Now, the ninth: trunk lid strap. :sunglasses:

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Unfortunately my daily commute to work is currently suspended until further notice due to this stupid Chinese flu. Our company has imposed a compulsory work-from-home policy. We're not allowed to come into the building unless really necessary, and then only with management approval. :frown:
So for the time being I have to make do with occasional drives to various shops, which I go out of my way to make as long as reasonably possible. :giggle:
The tire shop where I had my tires changed yesterday is just four hundred yards away from my home. Of course I didn't drive straight to it. I took a laaaarge detour. :cwl:
With a Mustang, it's possible to simply "go for a drive" too, you know? ;-)
I've never done it with my previous cars, but with the Mustang, sometimes I just go for a drive.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
With a Mustang, it's possible to simply "go for a drive" too, you know? ;-)
I've never done it with my previous cars, but with the Mustang, sometimes I just go for a drive.
Haha I did that last night. I had to get the tank filled up with the good stuff. Somehow it took me 30 minutes to find the gas station.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Haha I did that last night. I had to get the tank filled up with the good stuff. Somehow it took me 30 minutes to find the gas station.
On occasion my 25ish minute commute home will take me a few hours. On a sunny day, I can be found driving on weekends too without intending to get out of the car unless I need gas. It is really a joy to drive, even at 5 under the speed limit, especially on trips through Mexico.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Tenth mod: Steeda hood latch.

IMG_1063.jpg

There was nothing wrong with the original handle, but this one looks and feels much nicer.
I thought about getting the red one, thinking it might go well with the colour of the car, but in the end I settled for black, because the interior is all-black and there's nothing red whatsoever inside.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Tenth mod: Steeda hood latch.

IMG_1063.jpg

There was nothing wrong with the original handle, but this one looks and feels much nicer.
I thought about getting the red one, thinking it might go well with the colour of the car, but in the end I settled for black, because the interior is all-black and there's nothing red whatsoever inside.
I've been thinking about this mod too. The plastic handle feels so cheap. Might go with bare aluminum look.

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Indeed, it feels cheap. Functionally it's OK, it does its job well. If Steeda didn't offer this replacement, changing the hood latch would probably never cross my mind. It's more like a solution in search of a problem. But if it looks nicer... why not? :)

Eleventh mod: Diode Dynamics interior LED bulbs. I changed the map lights, glove box light and vanity mirrors lights. The kit also includes an LED bulb for the trunk, but in the 2020 MY there's no need for it anymore.

IMG_1065.jpeg

IMG_1066.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

The mirrors and glove box are nice, though I could have lived without them. But the map lights are worth their weight in gold. They change the interior completely. There's absolutely no comparison to the sorry yellow things that made the interior feel like 1970. Not only are they a beautiful, clean white, but they are much more powerful than the originals.

I've also replaced the reversing lights with Diode Dynamics LEDs. I've got no pictures yet though. The car is parked very close to a wall, so they project just a small patch of light at the base of the wall, which wouldn't show anything meaningful in a picture. But to the naked eye the improvement is clear - they're white and powerful. I hope to get a better image on the back-up camera at night. The camera is every bit as good as the one in my Mondeo, but the Mondeo does better in low light. I suspect that's because of the reversing lights, which are more powerful in the Mondeo. So now, with the new LEDs, I expect to see a big improvement. We'll see...
Sponsored

Last edited: