Sponsored

My first Mustang and everyone wants to race it

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
When I first got the car, these 2 douches in a black chevy cobalt were in front of me at a red light. I had 200 miles on the car and was driving very slowly for the break-in minding my own business and then guy peels off (I was behind him) and he sticks his hand out the window and gives me a thumbs down like in the movie Gladiator. It was actually pretty funny
Sponsored

OP
OP
jasonstang

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
When I first got the car, these 2 douches in a black chevy cobalt were in front of me at a red light. I had 200 miles on the car and was driving very slowly for the break-in minding my own business and then guy peels off (I was behind him) and he sticks his hand out the window and gives me a thumbs down like in the movie Gladiator. It was actually pretty funny
I hear ya. Hate braking-in period.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
This thread made me chuckle. I honestly don't think it's solely because we drive Mustangs. Back in the 90s when I had an RX7, it was always the Mustang/Camaro guys that wanted to race. Now that I have a mustang, it's the imports that rev their fart cans at me.

Zenkem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PPP GT Mustang
I get the opposite here in Germany, people can't get out of my way fast enough and when I pull up on someone driving crazy they start to behave...but hey, summer's coming and not all the big boys are out yet....

OP
OP
jasonstang

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
This thread made me chuckle. I honestly don't think it's solely because we drive Mustangs. Back in the 90s when I had an RX7, it was always the Mustang/Camaro guys that wanted to race. Now that I have a mustang, it's the imports that rev their fart cans at me.
I actually had some good runs with a Firebird last night.
Didn't even go full throttle left it in dust lol.
For the record, I didn't start the race.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For the record-Bad thing is you still raced, people still get killed street racing, weather you start it or not.

reed7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Manual Magnetic
In the contrary, I want to race everyone on the road when I am in my stang :crazy: :crazy:

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
at night, pitch black...
pulled up 2 lanes away and diagonal to a WRX who was banging his limiter at the light and shooting flames, he took off and made sure to bang the limiter at bunch of times before shifting each gear. at the next light he kept revving, I eased into my 5.0 then slammed the gas down to about 7 grand to rev back. We took off at normal speed :) he made sure to stay behind me, no matter how many lanes away.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Its funny how things change. When I had my integra id always try to race the mustang camaro corvettes. Then again it was fully built on spray. Now I see the imports trying to race me and can't help but laugh lol!

Sponsored

Stunna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium CS
This happens all the time, I remember when I purchase my GT with 8 miles on it, a 2013 Chrysler SRT8 wanted to race from the red light about 4 miles away from the dealer. I didn't waste no time in showing who's boss!

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
My experience has been that I have yet to have a real challenge pull up along side. I look in my rearview mirror and see a Challenger/Charger or Camaro and they either turn off or refuse to catch up with me even if I slow down. On the other hand, I get jackrabbit starts from family cars all the time from stop lights. I just take my time and drive normal. I figure they'll get the idea I don't want to waste my gas on them.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Had a bunch want to run when I first got my car, and there weren't many on the road yet. Was still in break in and I'm too old for all that anyway, so ignored them all. Most were in slower cars and I'm sure they just wanted to see what a new 5.0 could do.

I used to be bad about street racing in my misspent youth, but can't be bothered these days. The risk/reward equation just doesn't work out. Most of the time....

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I played a little with a Gran Sport Vette but nothing like a real race. He would have beat me anyway. I had an idiot in BMW try to challenge me on an interstate with heavy traffic, AND my family was in the car. Ignored. Then there was a guy in a sleeper Impala that gave me a good run. Ran up to about 60 and backed out. Moment of weakness there. I get tailgaters too, and think it may be they just want to check the car out but I do not like being followed so close. I've never had a Camaro or Challenger mess with me.

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
I had a new V6 Camaro rev up on me the other day and then bow by me on the highway. I did not take him on and was glad when I saw him pulled over about a mile down the road.
Sponsored