Sponsored

My first Mustang and everyone wants to race it

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
We get it, you're a woman who drives a manual GT who preys on male drivers of cheap import cars and slower V8s. Is that really empowering?
It's empowering for me, and I'm a dude who drives a stick.

Dunno...I feel like you're threatened/annoyed a little here for no reason :shrug:
Sponsored

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T
(Sorry, old thread revival, but I didn't want to start a new one and wanted to vent.) Been having a lot of cars want to race me lately. We're at the lights, no revving, but when the light turns green, full throttle up to the speed limit or slightly above. Thing is, they are all cars I wouldn't even consider racing. Audi Q3, Miata, Integra, Caddy ATS (2.0T) and just today, some kind of VW Passat. No warning, no looking over, just green light and they gun it. No mistaking their intent. Sometimes, I take the bait and catch them, but mostly I'm WTF?

And I'm certain cars never do that when I'm in our minivan or our sedan, so it's definitely not just in my head. Maybe they accelerate to a high speed, but never a jack rabbit start like these cars.

Not sure of the psychology at work here; is it...?
1. I beat a Mustang today.
2. I barely lost to a Mustang today, but he has 435hp, so I really won.
3. I had no idea Mustangs were that fast.
4. I just wanted to see the Mustang blow by me/lose control/get a ticket.
5. I just wanted to stick it to a Mustang owner since they're all douches/old dudes anyways and I hate them.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Race idiots

I used to get it all the time in my 2005 Ford Mustang GT. I just roll down the windows and put the music way up. Let them know I am just Cruz' and not
interested in a race (at least NOT on the streets). :D
Sponsored