My car weight

AlexTampa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Today i went and weigh in my Mustang 2019 base GT 5.0 a10 Auto, 315 gears. I have done some MOd's to the car including weight saving mods. I am very disappointed. The car has some BMR products Kits to stop all of the wheel hop , I did Cat less Headers with H pipe and Lethal Performance full Exhaust. Cold air intake. LUnd Racing E85 N Gage tune and Project 6 GR 20 inch wheels 275/30 front 305/40 Rear witch are suppose to be lighter then factory wheels. My car came in at 3700 LBS with 1/2 a tank of E85 gas.

I been told the next steps to reduce weight is Replace driver seat with stationary light bucket seat and while Racing 1/4 mile to remove passenger side seat.

I am getting racing helmet and 5 point Harness with rear harness Bar

Also planning to get a Drag set pair of wheels with Front skinny's

what do you all think
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What exactly were those weight saving mods because it seems like you forgot to mention them (other than wheels - but your tires probably added some weight back in) ? H pipe saves just a few pounds (like 7 or so), all your stop the hop parts add weight back in.

Easy buttons are getting rid of rear seat, lightweight battery, lightweight brake rotors, lighter front seats (just by doing this you're going to have airbag light and entire SRS system inoperable so if you daily drive the car, not the smartest thing to do. If you hit the wall at drag strip you may want those airbags working as well...).
3700 lb is actually pretty good with what you listed...

OP
OP

AlexTampa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Weight saving also replaced front and rear Bumper with BMR front and back crash Bar

this car is my daily driver and i do need my 4 seats cause of the kids.

what is the Best light weight Battery?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Weight saving also replaced front and rear Bumper with BMR front and back crash Bar

this car is my daily driver and i do need my 4 seats cause of the kids.

what is the Best light weight Battery?
I put Antigravity H5 but if you want max weight saving, AT20HD (?) is even lighter. that's 20lb+ saving without doing any actual work to the car and easily reversible. Wait for their next sale, they have those on regular basis. Probably Black Friday.

OP
OP

AlexTampa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Ah got ya , ill put on my reg factory ones back in

ill keep an eye out on that battery

but i cant find AT20HD ? is it under a different name?

Sponsored
OP
OP

AlexTampa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
battery weight reduction is 15 pounds and battery costs 700 dollaRS?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
battery weight reduction is 15 pounds and battery costs 700 dollaRS?
More like than 20lb. And it's actually cheap weight reduction. Once you run out of easy things (like battery or rear seat, that's when it gets really expensive or you start hacking the car up.

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Base 19 A10 car with a ton of weight reduction here and with a lot of work you can get some serious weight out, but you’re gonna sacrifice a lot to do it.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Base 19 A10 car with a ton of weight reduction here and with a lot of work you can get some serious weight out, but you’re gonna sacrifice a lot to do it.
My base 17 GT is now around the high 3400 lb mark. Didn't sacrifice anything other than the back seat. Most was exhaust / wheels - tires, and other tidbits that didn't affect safety. Haven't even touched the battery yet or lighter weight rotors.
Sponsored