OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I can pretty much guarantee that almost everything on that site did not have street driving in mind when they designed parts. From my experience, if it is useful/functional it is not usually pretty/practical. And if it is pretty/practical it usually isn't useful/functional.
I ordered the birds because it'll help alleviate saggy ass end. So if that isn't "street driving" then I guess that makes me a track rat.

As far as the diffuser, no one is arguing anything to the contrary. A photo of it was posted and I simply pointed out it's not my brand of vodka and not very practical for anything other than dedicated race car (which isn't me).

If that sorta thing blows your hair back, knock it out. Take photos and vids for us.

No one is knocking archetype and their products. I'm just responding to a suggestion about a $4k diffuser that's guaranteed to get destroyed driving anywhere other than a dedicated track.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
If that sorta thing blows your hair back, knock it out. Take photos and vids for us.
If you knew me, you would laugh at the irony of that statement. I know you didn't mean it to be funny but I found this hilarious.

The BIRDS seems like a solution albeit significant overkill for the street and likely most track cars. A 3D printed/plastic molded version would probably work for most of us less than flat out racecar drivers. Since those likely don't exist, this looks to be all that is available without custom fabrication.

Don't get me wrong, I get your "why" and it is rationale. I guess most race guys kind of find humor when someone complains about how impractical/ugly a race part is. Its not meant to be insulting or something to be offended over. It like someone saying they got a V8 Mustang for fuel efficiency... someone is bound to chuckle at the logic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Yeah, I don't know how this thread got derailed.

1) I posted about BiRDS (not the diffuser). I'm excited about it because it's a better solution than the Ford fix.

2) There's no other simpler or cheaper alternatives on the market. If someone had fabricated 3D printed support or something that helps the dreaded panel gap in the rear, I would have gladly gave my money for that. As it were, the BiRDS aren't THAT expensive and I doubt anyone is going to be able to invest the time, R&D, Fabrication, etc of a poly piece for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

3) As soon as I posted, someone posted photos of the diffuser itself and suggest that's what I need. I only commented that A) it's more expensive than my needs/budget justify and B) it's highly likely to get damaged by my driving uses anyway.

Can we all get back to the focus of the thread. As soon as I get them installed, I'll try to take before and after photos of any improvement to my bumper sag/gap. I was just curious if anyone else had tried this out to this point.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars

1) I posted about BiRDS (not the diffuser). I'm excited about it because it's a better solution than the Ford fix.

2) There's no other simpler or cheaper alternatives on the market. If someone had fabricated 3D printed support or something that helps the dreaded panel gap in the rear, I would have gladly gave my money for that. As it were, the BiRDS aren't THAT expensive and I doubt anyone is going to be able to invest the time, R&D, Fabrication, etc of a poly piece for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

3) As soon as I posted, someone posted photos of the diffuser itself and suggest that's what I need. I only commented that A) it's more expensive than my needs/budget justify and B) it's highly likely to get damaged by my driving uses anyway.

Can we all get back to the focus of the thread. As soon as I get them installed, I'll try to take before and after photos of any improvement to my bumper sag/gap. I was just curious if anyone else had tried this out to this point.
Iā€™m all for OPs getting topics back on track but you never mentioned that you bought these to fix the rear bumper gap issue until yesterday. Itā€™s no where in your original postsā€”no where on the entire first page.

So you have to take it as you didnā€™t fully explain why you bought them and from your original posts you did mention that these were diffuser supports and then you discussed diffusers afterwards when people mentioned the diffuser that these were designed to support.

With that information people can only assume that you had a diffuser (custom or another brand) and you bought these to support the bumper and diffuser.

I think if you wanted the thread to be about what you just mentioned you shouldā€™ve been clear in your title and in your original post that you think these are a great way to fix the bumper droop issue, and you think it is easier and better than the factory fix. Now thatā€™s a discussion that I would love to read!

This isnā€™t a thread going off-track but an OP failing to frame the discussion to talk about the subject of which he originally started the thread in the first place.

Btw to answer this: ā€œthe BiRDS aren't THAT expensive and I doubt anyone is going to be able to invest the time, R&D, Fabrication, etc of a poly piece for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.ā€ I do CAD and prototypingā€”thatā€™s easy especially if itā€™s a 3D printer version, but again, what is the price of the CNC version that you bought?

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Iā€™m all for OPs getting topics back on track but you never mentioned that you bought these to fix the rear bumper gap issue until yesterday. Itā€™s no where in your original postsā€”no where on the entire first page.

So you have to take it as you didnā€™t fully explain why you bought them and from your original posts you did mention that these were diffuser supports and then you discussed diffusers afterwards when people mentioned the diffuser that these were designed to support.

With that information people can only assume that you had a diffuser (custom or another brand) and you bought these to support the bumper and diffuser.

I think if you wanted the thread to be about what you just mentioned you shouldā€™ve been clear in your title and in your original post that you think these are a great way to fix the bumper droop issue, and you think it is easier and better than the factory fix. Now thatā€™s a discussion that I would love to read!

This isnā€™t a thread going off-track but an OP failing to frame the discussion to talk about the subject of which he originally started the thread in the first place.

Btw to answer this: ā€œthe BiRDS aren't THAT expensive and I doubt anyone is going to be able to invest the time, R&D, Fabrication, etc of a poly piece for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.ā€ I do CAD and prototypingā€”thatā€™s easy especially if itā€™s a 3D printer version, but again, what is the price of the CNC version that you bought?
I never mentioned a diffuser. I posted the birds and then someone else suggested I need the archetype diffuser. I said no thanks and then a bunch of people bantered about it. I simply asked if anyone else had purchased the product or had any experience with them they could share.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
I never mentioned a diffuser. I posted the birds and then someone else suggested I need the archetype diffuser. I said no thanks and then a bunch of people bantered about it. I simply asked if anyone else had purchased the product or had any experience with them they could share.
Hereā€™s your first post:

No, not those kinda birds. The archetype racing BiRDS (billet rear diffuser supports). Anyone else installed these? It didn't come with any instructions so I reached out to archetype.

Mentioning ā€œbillet rear diffuser supportā€ as the propose of the brackets, and then asking how to install them is not going to lead people to the conclusion that: you are installing to stop rear bumper sag without an aftermarket rear diffuser. Itā€™s not going to happen.

All that people can read from that is: (a) you have the diffuser, and (b) you are looking for someone who also has the diffuser and who has installed these supports.

Iā€™m not here to argue with you, Iā€™m just pointing out that this thread did not get derailed it wasnā€™t properly defined, and itā€™s obvious because no one got what you wanted to convey. Be more clear about what you are either asking or what you want from the discussion.

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
With that said, to answer your question in the original post install, if you donā€™t have the diffuser that these were made to support, then youā€™re going to have to fabricate some custom brackets to the stock diffuser.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm not sure if you
Hereā€™s your first post:

No, not those kinda birds. The archetype racing BiRDS (billet rear diffuser supports). Anyone else installed these? It didn't come with any instructions so I reached out to archetype.

Mentioning ā€œbillet rear diffuser supportā€ as the propose of the brackets, and then asking how to install them is not going to lead people to the conclusion that: you are installing to stop rear bumper sag without an aftermarket rear diffuser. Itā€™s not going to happen.

All that people can read from that is: (a) you have the diffuser, and (b) you are looking for someone who also has the diffuser and who has installed these supports.

Iā€™m not here to argue with you, Iā€™m just pointing out that this thread did not get derailed it wasnā€™t properly defined, and itā€™s obvious because no one got what you wanted to convey. Be more clear about what you are either asking or what you want from the discussion.

Look, I'm going to tread gently for another beat, but then I'm either going to embarass or ignore you. I didnt name the ****ing part, and so that everyone who doesn't know what "BiRDS" stands for, I gave the full version of the acronym. Call archetype and argue semantics with them. I posted about the part that's that's bracket. If you weren't able to recognize I wasn't talking about the diffuser, that's your confusion, not mine.

For everyone else, I bought the birds brackets (careful though even though it has the words diffuser in it I didn't purchase a diffuser).

In other news, I bought motor oil over the weekend but didn't purchase a motor.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Iā€™ve had my bird for over year šŸ˜… and let me tell you. She flies

6DBA8C2A-778D-4E58-9103-B15816F9825D.jpeg

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3

Look forward to seeing your install and fitment with this aftermarket solution. I also have Verus diffuser in a box and waiting to install to my GT350R.

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Street car guys commenting how race car parts are impractical on the street...

1626448498663.png
Some street car guys are so funny. They'll color match 95% of their interior until it looks like AutoZone got ahold of it but then say a car is ruined the second it has actual functional aero on it.

On topic: Follow the video's timestamp below until he gets the diffuser off. Once that's off you can look up in there and see the exact parts the BiRDS are replacing. From there it's just removing a couple bolts. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.
Sponsored