Sponsored

Mustang stalling/rough idle issues again!

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
2019 mustang Gt performance mods are roush cai , exhaust , roush calibration (basically a tune) second owner
Symptoms stalling while idling , exhaust shakes during idles , sometimes when trying to accelerate it jerks a bit. I took it in august 26 2020 to ford they replicated the issue to be the vct’s so they had that replaceds didn’t get the car back till September 29 2020 and now today october 29 i experience the stalling issues and rough idles again anyone have any idea what the issue might be?
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Could be vct solenoids again, or the other side or something. I had same symptoms and I had to have mine done twice. Sucks that these cars have this issue. You could try going with a higher weight oil 0w30 but I doubt that would do anything, I think it may be the solenoids again. I havent had the issue since having my solenoids replaced a 2nd time, about 8 months ago, but I wouldnt be surprised if I got the same issue again in the future.

Currently I am having possible MAF sensor issues, or spark plug issues where at high throttle my car will stumble hard occasionally and almost feel like TCS comes on.

Id take it to a different dealership and try to have it diagnosed again. If they say solenoids then keep the car until they are ready to work on it this time if you want, but this issue can be dangerous in traffic I suppose.

How many miles are on your car? You could replace the spark plugs and see if that affects anything if you are due for a change anytime soon..

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Could be vct solenoids again, or the other side or something. I had same symptoms and I had to have mine done twice. Sucks that these cars have this issue. You could try going with a higher weight oil 0w30 but I doubt that would do anything, I think it may be the solenoids again. I havent had the issue since having my solenoids replaced a 2nd time, about 8 months ago, but I wouldnt be surprised if I got the same issue again in the future.

Currently I am having possible MAF sensor issues, or spark plug issues where at high throttle my car will stumble hard occasionally and almost feel like TCS comes on.

Id take it to a different dealership and try to have it diagnosed again. If they say solenoids then keep the car until they are ready to work on it this time if you want, but this issue can be dangerous in traffic I suppose.

How many miles are on your car? You could replace the spark plugs and see if that affects anything if you are due for a change anytime soon..
Awesome performance vehicles ford just need to get there shit together when it comes to the stang lol and i think i did stumble once when accelerating hard on sport mode i asked them if there was a braking period on the vct solenoids they didn’t say there was any sadly it’s only been a month since they replaced my vct but thank you for the advice man i wi be taking it to other dealer soon.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anybody know if VCTs giving trouble are the intake or exhaust ones? They're different on the Coyotes. Curious about that. And is that just the solenoids, or the VCTs themselves? And where are the solenoids? Do they require removing the VCT to replace? If yes, I'd push to replace everyhting, even if unsuccessful. I thought those issues were over on 2019 engines, at least later ones, but maybe not. It'd be nice to state the engine build date on a barcode sticker on the left rear valve cover, to see if we find a pattern. My late build Bullitt (Aug 2019) has a May 2019 engine, unfortunately, so that's why I prefer to use engine build date for engine issues. Thank you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I totally forgot to add the build date my bad! But yeah unfortunately mine was a 10/18 build date sucks we all have to go through this

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Thats everything they inspected and worked on

OP
OP
Jaay_d5.0

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I totally forgot to add the build date my bad! But yeah unfortunately mine was a 10/18 build date sucks we all have to go through this
Correcting my build date was actually 7/18

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So for the digital dash, you put ignition on, dash in blank mode (which is in the double-gear menu, where trip info is), then press 'OK' button and leave it depressed, start engine, and wait until engineering mode pops up? Not very clear instructions after jumping to 2 threads.

Finally, can you read soft codes there, or just hard ones? Curious about that. Thx.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So for the digital dash, you put ignition on, dash in blank mode (which is in the double-gear menu, where trip info is), then press 'OK' button and leave it depressed, start engine, and wait until engineering mode pops up? Not very clear instructions after jumping to 2 threads.

Finally, can you read soft codes there, or just hard ones? Curious about that. Thx.
I don’t have a digital dash in my 2018; was passing along the info (because DTC’s always come up on this site) and prob would be best to respond in one of those threads to get better answers, as I don’t want to give you the wrong info.

As far as I what codes in the Engineering Mode (both cluster types) when originally discovered quite a while ago, it seemed the discussion was that what is displayed is all the codes whether they were hard or soft codes.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I've had those same codes before on my 19 I'm at the dealership for the 5th time concerning these same issues and low oil pressure. I have an open case with ford customer service also. Oh mine is a manual so it doesn't usually stall out, has happened once. The rpm at idle will drop Into the mid 400's, I imagine an auto in gear would die at that rpm.
Screenshot_20201109-085103_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored