Sponsored

2015 GT Stalling at Idle

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
My 2015 GT (63k Miles) just started stalling at idle (The issue has progressively gotten worse past few days). From what i can tell the car has to warm up and then as soon as i pull up to a light and put the car in neutral, after about 10-15 seconds the car will exhibit RPM drops and actually stall out.

One thing i noticed is that when the RPM's start to drop, if i simply press the clutch all the way in the car will not stall out and the RPM'S return to normal :question:

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to getting this issue resolved.

Thank you
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
If no CEL's pull the throttle body and clean it. I've had that happen on my '05 in the past and it's a no cost 1st step.

OP
OP

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
If no CEL's pull the throttle body and clean it. I've had that happen on my '05 in the past and it's a no cost 1st step.
Yeah no CEL yet, I will clean the TB tomorrow and report back. Thanks for the tip

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, I start by pulling the air intake, spray in some cleaner, and run some Seafoam. Also, you could replace the MAF pretty easily, since those are fairly cheap, if I recall.
Sponsored