Mustang love / hate

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
And if a shock is "way outside of parameters", then it's by definition (and presumably supported by tear-down/inspection) "blown". Seals, valves, oil need replacement.

Shocks are tested an a shock dynamometer.

When they fall out of range they are worn out. They still work but are "worn out"
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
even the best condition, new seals let stuff in. With every stroke contaminants enter. Granted it's not a big amount but when you do 3000 cycles / mile it accumulates over time.

Kona, leave the suspension engineering to those of us who do it ya? :)
Well......we'll discuss this further. I'm not convinced.

Which doesn't change the topic of conversation; replacing shocks & struts are a repair, and not maintenance.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Shocks are tested an a shock dynamometer.

When they fall out of range they are worn out. They still work but are "worn out"
Which would mean they've failed internally.

Look, this discussion is circular.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
replacing shocks & struts are a repair, and not maintenance
if you wait for failure to occur, sure. You replace tires before they're bald, showing cords and then go BANG and take your fender with it. Same deal. You replace batteries before they no longer hold charge or short themselves, simply on age.

Maybe you do things only when forced to spend money and thus can tabulate it under repairs. But many other people spend the money pro-actively.

I just replaced wiper blades because they were doing poorly but technically still moved enough water so I could see. Should i have waited till it was impossible to see or the arms or the rubber crumbled or broke?

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
You people and your lame as Toyota's. Yes they are reliable but Can't compare a boring econo junk with no torque to a Mustang. For what it is Mustangs are very reliable, I have never had any issues with them. And I am on my third one. Heck never had any issues on Focus and Fusion owned in the family. Sometimes there is bad apples and some cars are worse than others but from what I have seen Mustangs are hella reliable. Heck my 14GT made it to 120K miles and everything worked perfectly just as new before I sold it.
Sorry but I would take an "econo junk" RC F over an "Im having a mid life crisis" Mach 1 all day long.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
if you wait for failure to occur, sure. You replace tires before they're bald, showing cords and then go BANG and take your fender with it. Same deal. You replace batteries before they no longer hold charge or short themselves, simply on age.
Tires are consumable items. Not "maintenance" or "repair" items. Tires are not covered under the 3/36 BTB warranty. Nor do they have a maintenance schedule.

And no, no one changes batteries before they fail. That's sort of by definition, as you don't know it's time for a battery until it fails. And failure DOES NOT MEAN 0 charge or shorted. Failure with a Mustang's battery, as we have seen here from dozens of threads, can mean weird electrical gremlins that appear out of nowhere.

Batteries aren't replaced on any schedule, it's not a maintenance item.

Last edited:

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Fine talk shit on a mustang on a mustang forum. LOL
Why not? I paid for my Mustang. Ford didn't sponsor me so that I kiss their behind. Besides it's fun having this back and forth. It's just shooting the breeze.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Why not? I paid for my Mustang. Ford didn't sponsor me so that I kiss their behind. Besides it's fun having this back and forth. It's just shooting the breeze.
ok cool story :thumbsup:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Batteries aren't replaced on any schedule, it's not a maintenance item.
I replace my batts every 3-4 years. Granted if it fails before that, my hand is forced.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I replace my batts every 3-4 years. Granted if it fails before that, my hand is forced.
That doesn't make them maintenance items. "Every 3-4 years" isn't a maintenance schedule from an Owner's Manual, that's your personal automotive situation.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Whatever

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
He still out here arguing over some nonsense? I refuse to believe he's not just a troll.

Don't feed the troll.
Sponsored