Sponsored

Mustang Insurance

mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I have State Farm. Been with them since I started driving at age 16. I'm 34, married with 4 kids and currently pay ~43/mo for my escape. I called about a 2014 mustang gt (couldn't quote a '15 yet), upped the ded. to $2000 since I won't make a claim for a stupid dent or a minor thing, and was quoted ~$83/mo. I can live with that.
Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
wow, yeah that will go down drastically ~24.
It could be worse. My friend is the same age and she is paying something close to $350 a month for a Kia Optima. Doesn't help that she drove her last car through a fence.

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Just hope the honeymoon with USAA does not end for you as it does for many. Their home owner insurance will not even touch my neighborhood after a tornado went through it-not to mention that all the homes are built in the 30's so when they did insure the area, they were way high….did I mention that a storm went through and I was out of town (my wife thought there might be damage) so I called and asked them what I do if there is damage…. there was not damage so I did not file a claim. That they filed with the national data base that I "had a claim". Something that made my rates go up when I switched away from USAA. A company that does that and will not remove it has no morals.

Did I mention my dad who was with them for 25 years, since a time when only commissioned officers could join. That when his adult daughter (my sister) had a minor consumption and a DWI, he was dropped as uninsurable all because she never changed her drivers license from his address to her apartment. Dropped after 25 years. He is with AAA now.

Don't be surprised if you have one claim with them and you will be dropped.
That is just insane. If I was treated like that by a company, I would drop them too.

Having said that, I've been with USAA for 14 years and haven't had a single issue with them. I'v made multiple claims (renters, home owners, and auto) with them and have always had reasonable rates. I pay just under 200 a month for our 2012 Expedition and a 2012 Mustang, which includes an at-fault accident last year when our niece was on our policy. I will be using them for my 2015 as well.

IamMrSixx

Threads
Reaction score
Just a word to the wise.... Check to make sure they use OEM parts for repairs! My local Ford body shop has a Geico repair office located in the same building. A couple years ago we were getting my wife's Explorer repaired after she was struck by a person with eSurance, long story short, per the Manager only a few companies use OEM parts anymore. He said neither Geico or eSurance do. At the time I used ANPAC and have switched to USAA, both use OEM. You don't want non-OEM parts on your 50th anniversary Stang!

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
I really see insurance as an enjoy it while you can scenario. It may be expensive but go ahead and pay for it while the option exists..You will soon have a government mandated device in your car that will tax you by the mile, track where you go and provide your driving habits to the insurance company...

The insurance companies have been testing this for years but they will get access to the data gathered by the government required device in your car. They will scream they need the access in the name of safety (think of the children!) and the fact they will lobby and line the politicians pockets with cash. The next step is self driving cars and the fun is all over.

This is LAST stand for big muscle and free driving. If you want to ever enjoy it in your lifetime its now or never. It stinks to pay high insurance rates but you arent going to have the same options in a decade.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...cars-by-the-mile-is-back-on-the-agenda-again/

http://business.time.com/2013/08/06...urers-push-devices-that-track-driving-habits/

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I really see insurance as an enjoy it while you can scenario. It may be expensive but go ahead and pay for it while the option exists..You will soon have a government mandated device in your car that will tax you by the mile, track where you go and provide your driving habits to the insurance company...
Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather drive without insurance or move out of the country.

How can something like that actually make it into law?

Who are these fucks that think it's a good idea?

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather drive without insurance or move out of the country.

How can something like that actually make it into law?

Who are these fucks that think it's a good idea?

Regretfully its all about money and power and not much more...Imagine getting a ticket because your car reported that you went above the speed limit and you cant refute it because the government mandated bio-metric finger print start button confirmed you were driving the car. ...Thats where we are headed and its not science fiction.

The next generation it wont matter because you wont even own your car and you wont have insurance. You will rent your car from a fleet and you will schedule drop offs and pick ups. You will have a vehicle rental fee and a per mile driven tax. There will be no drunk driving, no tickets, no sleeping behind the wheel, no high speed chases but they will have the ability to completely control where you go, when you go. That isnt a conspiracy theory or science fiction all it takes is five minutes Googling to confirm it. The technology will be in place in a decade, there are ongoing laws being attempted to be pushed through and companies are already being set up for rental autonomous vehicles...It will happen.

As an old guy the loss of freedoms in the last decade has really been staggering. I keep telling people to enjoy the few freedoms they still have while they can. The government (both sides) feel you are a danger to yourself and that you owe them control so they can keep everyone safe from everyone else. Mark my words this is the last great generation of vehicular freedom. The building blocks are almost in place and now they just have to tie them together.

GPS tracking of Mustang

http://www.techhive.com/article/2084927/enhanced-sync-applink-will-debut-on-2015-ford-mustang.html

Car2gp has already adopted the car pool rental idea..The next step is just to add autonomous driven vehicles to their fleet. This is being tested right now.

https://www.car2go.com/en/austin/

Biometric starters -

http://www.12voltnews.com/2013/02/12/biometric-starter-your-fingerprint-is-now-your-key/

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Regretfully its all about money and power and not much more...Imagine getting a ticket because your car reported that you went above the speed limit and you cant refute it because the government mandated bio-metric finger print start button confirmed you were driving the car. ...Thats where we are headed and its not science fiction.

The next generation it wont matter because you wont even own your car and you wont have insurance. You will rent your car from a fleet and you will schedule drop offs and pick ups. You will have a vehicle rental fee and a per mile driven tax. There will be no drunk driving, no tickets, no sleeping behind the wheel, no high speed chases but they will have the ability to completely control where you go, when you go. That isnt a conspiracy theory or science fiction all it takes is five minutes Googling to confirm it. The technology will be in place in a decade, there are ongoing laws being attempted to be pushed through and companies are already being set up for rental autonomous vehicles...It will happen.

As an old guy the loss of freedoms in the last decade has really been staggering. I keep telling people to enjoy the few freedoms they still have while they can. The government (both sides) feel you are a danger to yourself and that you owe them control so they can keep everyone safe from everyone else. Mark my words this is the last great generation of vehicular freedom. The building blocks are almost in place and now they just have to tie them together.

GPS tracking of Mustang

http://www.techhive.com/article/2084927/enhanced-sync-applink-will-debut-on-2015-ford-mustang.html

Car2gp has already adopted the car pool rental idea..The next step is just to add autonomous driven vehicles to their fleet. This is being tested right now.

Biometric starters -

http://www.12voltnews.com/2013/02/12/biometric-starter-your-fingerprint-is-now-your-key/
As an Old Man myself I must agree. The biggest complainers about the of loss of their privacy are younger people that Post their entire life (with pictures) on You Tube, Facebook and Insta-gram. If the shoe fits, wear it! You don`t need the NSA or CIA nor the FBI when you provide your information willingly yourself!

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB

GPS tracking of Mustang

Biometric starters -

I work for a major insurer. You're not too far off here. The only thing you might be a tad off on is who's pushing for this stuff. See, insurers are torn when it comes to autonomous vehicles. We've always pushed for safer vehicles, because we don't want to pay claims or see people get hurt (even if you don't believe it, it's true, we're people too). However, no risk for you, means no money for us. It would be kind of like a doctor curing cancer. It's great, but now he's put himself out of a job.

You're right, all of the needed technology is available and most of it is already in place, but it's more complicated than just hitting a switch. There are many difficult political and legal questions that need to be answered first - for instance, if an autonomous vehicle runs into your 2015 Mustang, who's liable - the driver, Google? (Who's pockets do you think the lawyers would rather get at?) Actually, the biggest question right now is who owns the data your car produces - Ford, you, your insurance company, the government - and what can they legally do with that information? That question will likely end up in the Supreme Court before it's all said and done.

Bottom line - everything you mentioned is inevitable, but most of it is a long, long way off. Some of it won't be too bad. Imagine sending your car to pick up your kids at daycare or to visit their grandma. Or sending your car to pick up your groceries. All of which will give you more time to play with the line lock option on your antique 2015 Mustang GT. My guess is, in the end, it will be the consumer who pushes for these technologies, not the insurers, the car builders or the government. Take a nap or watch the game while (legally) drinking a beer on your drive home from work? I think a lot of people would sign up for that.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

GPS tracking of Mustang

Biometric starters -

that's only GPS tracking if you have an attached device that has the capability.

Anyway, this is some real 1984 bullshit.

How can you people be so blase about this? (not you, just in general) Do you not care about your freedoms being taken away? It's one thing to voluntarily post information about yourself, but mandated tracking of any kind is EXTREMELY fucked up.

Well... I suppose there will always be a way to disable it.
Sponsored