The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I use Heacock Insurance/American Modern. They were significantly less than Hagerty & Grundy & their service has been good on the (1) claim I had. They used to be the sponsoring insurance company of Mustang Club of America (MCA) but have been replaced because Hagerty can provide (better) coverage to the MCA for club liability, etc. In addition to "Agreed Value", collector car policies have zero deductible.
Does Heacock require an enclosed garage like Hagerty?

It wouldn't be parked outside, it would be in an underground garage.
Sponsored

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
I'm not sure about the garage requirement. You would have to ask them. Aquick phone call or email is easy enough.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I use Grundy for my 2020 PP2 stated value policy and my 1993 Lightning for $780 a year very happy.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I get that, but I donā€™t want to be in prison if I want to take it to a cars and coffee on a Saturday of my choice three hours.

The cars you moved to Grundy, do you drive them often or rarely?
If I was an insurance company I would specifically exclude coverage for all Mustangs at Cars & Coffee. :crackup:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Bumping this thread with some of what I'm seeing. I currently have my 2016 Mustang GT, 2017 Mercedes C300, and 2022 Bronco Wildtrak insured through State Farm. I'm paying almost $3600/year for those three vehicles, and the Mustang's portion is $1047. My Camaro is through American Collector's Insurance on a $25,000 agreed value policy for about $380/year.

I just quoted a few for the Mustang at $28,000 value.
Grundy - $401 ($603, including the Camaro)
American Collectors Insurance - $657
Heacock - $1067
Hagerty - $921

All vehicles are garaged and the Mercedes and Bronco are the primary vehicles. The Camaro gets less than 300 miles per year, while the Mustang will likely be well below 4,000 per year. I think I've only driven it about 500 miles since I bought the Bronco in OCT-2022.

I just filled out the MVP quote request for all vehicles with Grundy. We'll see how that turns out, but I very well may be moving on from State Farm. They also do homeowner's insurance, so I'm going to look into that.

JR

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
.......quote request for all vehicles with Grundy.......I.....may be moving on from State Farm. They also do homeowner's insurance, so I'm going to look into that.
Who does home insurance? Grundy or State Farm?

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
went through all of this with my old fox body. Some companies want it garaged (fine-I do that anyway). Some have mileage restrictions. One said 500 miles a year max. My goodness I drive that much in a weekend. So in order to keep that type policy up to "par" I'd have to buy a trailer, HAUL the car (which there is more chance of 'something' happening if it's trailered), to a location, then can't drive it hardly at all. And obviously I do drive my stuff. I do not see an investment as being an "investment" if it can't be USED.

State Farm was the best value of all of them, agreed replacement value.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Just changed my policy from NY to Tenn.... feel like I m getting screwed. I have a house insured and 2 cars now (liberty 10 years). The 2 cars with same company and same coverages cost me what 3 cars in NY cost. $1800 per yr. Good coverages. M1 and an Outback .
I ll re shop in the fall. Hagerty I priced one time, even more $.

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I pay $1350 a year through hagerty for 4 vehicles.. I figured that wasnt bad considering they are insured in South Carolina which has crazy high rates where I live..

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys/gals. I just had a question for those of you who drive your Mustangs very rarely. Iā€™m not just talking weekends Iā€™m talking maybe 300 miles a year if even that. If you have your own house with an enclosed garage, I could see you paying very very little insurance through Hagerty or somebody else. If you donā€™t have your own garage yet you still only drive it that little how are you ensuring yourselves. Iā€™m looking at a Mach 1, which I will very rarely drive, but I donā€™t live in a house. Hagerty said no and I am not paying full price insurance for something that Iā€™m not going to drive that often.

Thanks for the responses good or bad.

The Mach 1 is for more of a very rarely used toy. I will be keeping my own car as a daily as usual.
Whats the point of owning it?
Sponsored