Sponsored

2015 Mustang insurance increase?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I found something odd today... went into USAA and checked the insurance again to see if it went up since the Mustang has been out for a while.

The premium for the EB was around $92... now it is $64. Last time I checked was around Feb 2015.

I did lightly complained to USAA about the $92 since my current car is $60.

Nothing on my driving record changed... only change was I moved part of my banking to USAA.

For the exact same car and coverage Geico is $110 per month.
Sponsored

jtiedemann4

2015 Magnetic Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Mine just renewed and dropped $10 a month with $300,000/$500,000 coverage. I have USAA.

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
$97 a month here from Allstate, full coverage w good track record (knock on wood).

edlong

methods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium, Guard Metallic
Just got new insurance today. I had GEICO, but decided to shop around because they seemed kinda pricey. Did an esurance.com quote and a progressive quote, got numbers significantly lower than GEICO, so much so I couldn't believe it.

I called progressive on the phone to get a real/complete quote. When I asked about the cost (same coverage as GEICO) The very nice lady mentioned that they are using credit score as a more significant input into pricing model.

I felt like I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night and shaved $500 off my insurance bill.

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I bought the V6 in December, they gave me a 6mo premium of $455. I had 1 claim - windshield. (comprehensive). Now its up for renewal, and its still $455. State Farm.

I also believe location is a major factor. Jackson - city, and Hinds County - here have bad crime but I live in a fairly safe area outside the city & county lines.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
My policy renewal is coming up and the premium is $40 higher. I asked why and this is the answer I got:
Is this bullshit or what?
No, that's how it works. There was a day when Camaros were like two steps of symbols more expensive to insure than Mustangs. Not sure how it is now.

Elusive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Location and where you park your car at night (garage and how safe the area is etc.) can be big factors for car insurance.

Have any of yall tried Metro Mile insurance? It's kinda a cool concept where you only pay per mile for the insurance you get so each month there's a base (quite low) premium and you pay for the amount of miles you drove in the last month. Could be a great option for people who drive less than 10-12,000 miles per year. But was wondering if anyone else had tried them yet?

https://www.metromile.com/insurance/

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I bought the V6 in December, they gave me a 6mo premium of $455. I had 1 claim - windshield. (comprehensive). Now its up for renewal, and its still $455. State Farm.

I also believe location is a major factor. Jackson - city, and Hinds County - here have bad crime but I live in a fairly safe area outside the city & county lines.
I had State Farm about 5 years ago. I had them for about 2 years with no claims or tickets and out of the blue the cancelled my policy. I went to my local agent and asked why and they never could give me an answer. Since my policy was getting dropped i went with Progressive but now i have USAA and it's lower than both of the previous mentioned insurance agency's.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Location and where you park your car at night (garage and how safe the area is etc.) can be big factors for car insurance.

Have any of yall tried Metro Mile insurance? It's kinda a cool concept where you only pay per mile for the insurance you get so each month there's a base (quite low) premium and you pay for the amount of miles you drove in the last month. Could be a great option for people who drive less than 10-12,000 miles per year. But was wondering if anyone else had tried them yet?

https://www.metromile.com/insurance/

Per their website, they are only available in California, Oregon, Washington, and Illinois.

Sponsored

Elusive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Per their website, they are only available in California, Oregon, Washington, and Illinois.
Yea that's a bummer. But it's an interesting concept, especially for guys who don't put a bunch of miles on their performance cars. But I guess they're still trying to expand out right now.

I just liked that you only get charged for insurance on the amount of miles you actually drive which could bring your overall monthly premium down quite a bit

4point6grey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PerformancePack
im in Oceanside. and I do not own the car. and im 25. so that probably raises my premium quite a bit.
Mine is 140 I'm 25. And I have a 06

mtorzews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I'm 39. Perfect record, no claims in SE Michigan. Best quote I found was $150/month for vert gt. tried 2 of the majors and an insurance broker. I'm in a little bit of shock.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Well the metro Detroit area is a very high insurance area...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Just got a quote from my insurance company for when I upgrade to 2015/16 GT; my insurance will increase a whopping $3 to $99/month. I'm in my late twenties with perfect driving history :thumbsup:
Sponsored