Sponsored

Mustang Insurance

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
What company will everyone be going with for their mustangs? I'm a 23 year old single male with a clean record and I am trying to figure out the best course of action for insuring my 5.0

Thoughts / experiences with insurances companies? Any advice?
Sponsored

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I'm 23 as well and am with Farmers Insurance.. no problems and good rates.

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I use USAA. Best rates I've ever had. Kicked the crap out of Geico's military discount.

OP
OP
SLVRBACK

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
i was quoted 400/month from allstate then 280 from geico. Does this seem right? both coverages are equal.

Sponsored

Chris22888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 400a guard 50th appearance
I use Geico but will probability shop around again its cheap enough I just don't like some of the wording in the policy.

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use state farm, best rates and service in my area

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
I switched to Geico from Progressive
350/mo down to 180/mo

cant beat that. im also 22

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Switched from Nationwide to Progressive, I'm 27 with a clean record and pay $122/mo for my 2011 5.0. Just signed up for homeowner's insurance but haven't checked how much I'll be saving on my car insurance yet.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I use allstate currently, i've done some comparing with rates, eSurance, an allstate backed company has reasonable rates. My homeowners insurance is with Farmers and car quote was reasonable based on multipolicy. I am also 41 so insurance is also going to be significantly cheaper along with region/county I am in.. I've been at that age, expensive insurance up till 25 & you get a break

WARNING though, the more you demand a car insurace quote will or can affect your credit in turn also getting a decent rate. During my comparisons... about a week up to 2 my quotes for exactly the same thing there was a difference as much as 50 bucks or more... so you really gotta watch that. Safest thing for me to do after that fiasco is to just add my insurace for the car to a current policy. You can always change that later on. I checked USAA and Geico. Their rates were not even in comparison to my current insurance even with a military discount. Including homeowners insurance if that says anything. But hey, there is a small trick, get renters insurance if renting a place, apt, whatever, you should also qualify for a multipolicy discount. Renters insurance is fairly cheap just like boaters insurance... 138 a year, give or take a few.. hope that helps you out a little....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
Erie Insurance, i was quoted $630 a year, now this was a few months ago and on a 2014 GT Mustang, but my insurance guy said it won't change much, maybe $20 or so.

I'm 31, clean record, and I have a multiple policy discount, 4 vehicles and a house all with Erie.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I am 19 years old, I use progressive. They have an option that you get a plug-in sensor for your car, the only thing it measures is hard braking and if you are going more than 80 mph, based on your driving habits over 3 months, it can lower your rate from 1-33%, I'll be getting that once the winter comes, because i'll be driving like a grandpa in the snow and it will easily lower my rate. After 3 months, you can take the device out and you can do all the race-car driving you want with your new, lowered rate :headbang:

I am currently on my parents insurance plan, we have 5 vehicles so we get discounted rates, but i quoted it myself to see how much it would be, it isn't much different at all, considering I am still the primary driver.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Erie Insurance, i was quoted $630 a year, now this was a few months ago and on a 2014 GT Mustang, but my insurance guy said it won't change much, maybe $20 or so.

I'm 31, clean record, and I have a multiple policy discount, 4 vehicles and a house all with Erie.
finally someone who (like me) doesn't pay some absolutely ridiculous amount for insurance. How are these people paying 150+ a MONTH!?

rduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
I pay $120 a month on 2 vehicles with Gieco

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks