Sponsored

2015 Mustang insurance increase?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
That's not bad for being 25 on a Mustang GT! My daughter is 21 and her 2014 Focus Titanium cost $140/month.
Ummm....does your daughter have a poor driving record?:confused:
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ummm....does your daughter have a poor driving record?:confused:
When I was 21 a decade + ago I was driving a twenty year old Corolla with a spotless driving record and paying $220 a month for minimum coverage. Where you live is a HUGE factor.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Vehicle symbols are assigned by the Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO) and provide information about a vehicle's susceptibility to theft, safety features, and the cost to repair damages.
The 2015 Mustang recently (last month or two) got a 5-star crash rating, so seems that would help bring the rates down

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
Coming from a 2013 ISF I am quite impressed on the insurance savings from 1 car to another (Lexus being $50 higher a month). Yes more $$ to replace parts is prob a big factor in Allstate's rates would be my guess.

hampton20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, DIB, PP, Navigation
I have USAA and completed a defensive driving online power point and saved ~$9 a month. This was while I was trying to lower it before getting a "Sports car" haha. You could try that.
USAA is so expensive! I had them as well and tried getting a quote (which I did multiple times) to make sure the first agent was not kidding when they quoted me $350 + a month for insurance on the mustang. I did another quote and they said the same thing so I left fast! I have no accidents, only 1 ticket from 2013. I called Geico and they told me $150 a month so I joined them since they are way cheaper. Also currently I have a BMW and when I switched to Geico I saved $80 a month on the same exact insurance I had with USAA. I get my mustang Monday! :):)

Sponsored

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
For my 15 gt,04 cobra,14 Taurus and a 03 cavalier plus renters ins I am paying 346 a month. This full coverage on all cars with 250 deductibles

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
My '15 GT, wife's 2013 Honda Pilot, 16 yo daughters '98 Honda CR-V and 19 yo son listed on CR-V and I'm at $5K a year, another $360 a year for collectors insurance on my '66 GT Fastback.

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
Mine went up like like $10 a month, meh whatever. When i have time ill go down my agents office and well review my polices, 2 auto and home owners. So i am sure i can get it down. But i just turned 25 so kind of expected it.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
My policy renewal is coming up and the premium is $40 higher. I asked why and this is the answer I got:

Is this bullshit or what?
It's not bullshit, what it means is when they added your car to policy the VIN didn't pull up anything in the system, super common for current/new model year vehicles. When the vin pulls nothing up the car is rated manually, usually using the prior model year, then once a symbol actually arrives for a vehicle it gets adjusted at renewal. Very common, and should only happen once until the vehicle gets really old and the safety equipment falls behind, or you add a lot of aftermarket equipment increasing the value, chance of theft, Etc.

source: Am an insurance agent.

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
im paying 125 month to month. im getting boned in the behind apparently .

You and I both.

I'm 200 all in for car, renters and motorcycle. most of that (120ish) is for a mustang GT premium PP registered just outside of Atlanta.

time to start shopping.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Mine went down from my 11 get/cs to the 15 gt. Until they put in the code for le, then it went up due to being le. Checked three other insurance companies and all had same thing. Wasn't drastic but found it unusual.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I just got my Mustang this week, but my insurance went down in comparison to my FR-S.

GT0038

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT/sold :(
I just got the letter in yesterday's mail. Mine went up $5 a month. I'm with Geico.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
No BS...I talked with my insurance agent before buying the Mustang to help figure in total monthly cost including car payments & insurance payments combined ....I do re-call hearing exactly what you describe....$874 for the year on the Mustang compared to my 1999 sh*tbox F150 with 200k at $504 with minimal coverage....

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
I used to know a guy who had his own Allstate office and he said the number one thing insurance companies use to determine rates is location. Followed by personal accident history. Basically if you live in an area where people drive like assholes you're gonna pay more. If you are one of those assholes you'll pay alot more.

Sounds legit to me. Honestly kinda suprised it isn't more. When this car first came out it was the number one stolen car in the nation. Probs because of people not used to the keyless deal I'm sure. What mustang1260 said is true. I bought my car before the 5-star crash test safety rating was published. I called my insurance company and mentioned that along with other safety features they were not aware the car was equipped with (daytime running lights being a big one). I pay $85 a month for geico (one speeding ticket last year, no accidents)
Sponsored