Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
nasty sounding 4th gen ('67) manual trans Dart on big and littles yesterday tried to run me on the highway last night. pulled several car lengths on him from 70-130. i may have smoked him but his car sounded 10000x better than my car ever will
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Going to the Mexican league tonight against my buddies 1982 Mustang GT, manual 5-speed with a Paxton-Novi running 8psi for 417 whp.
c_oc=AQku3yyEHzNT2JFw-Q3XVNOdWEAnvE4W1IGy5-BpDV6Z853vk0WCI4ZN42RMdKHaDTU&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.jpg

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Had my first roll race. Wasn’t expecting it. Vs a pretty badass car I’ve never seen. 2020-2021 Jaguar F type R. Knew nothing till I looked it up later. About 30-35 mph roll, he hit it and then I did. I spun a lot as he jumped a car n half to two cars on me and once I hooked, started to pull on him a lil but then we let off. That thing is impressive. Apparently it has a supercharged 5.0 rated at 575hp, all wheel drive, 8 speed auto and apparently a 10.8 ish in the 1/4. Wish the tracks would open here. If I wouldn’t have spun I think it coulda been a great race.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Had my first roll race. Wasn’t expecting it. Vs a pretty badass car I’ve never seen. 2020-2021 Jaguar F type R. Knew nothing till I looked it up later. About 30-35 mph roll, he hit it and then I did. I spun a lot as he jumped a car n half to two cars on me and once I hooked, started to pull on him a lil but then we let off. That thing is impressive. Apparently it has a supercharged 5.0 rated at 575hp, all wheel drive, 8 speed auto and apparently a 10.8 ish in the 1/4. Wish the tracks would open here. If I wouldn’t have spun I think it coulda been a great race.
The supercharger they put on the F-Type is on the small side, so power kind of drops off at the high-end. But, from a dig the F-Type R is a beast. An F-Type S V8 with the R pulley and ECU tune weighs less (rear wheel drive) and has less power loss, so it doesn't fall off at the high-end. But, it needs drag slicks to hook up. There was a near stock F-Type S V8 running high tens around here. I have been seriously thinking of trading for one.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That Jag was pretty badass. Had never seen one before. Very impressive

Sponsored

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
But you spun your tires a lot going 30 mph already with all the mods you have? I would have thought you would hook right up for the most part.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
A few weeks ago, I ran up on one of those Jaguar F Type R and a Malibu SS going at it. Neither of them saw me since I was about a block behind them when they began their roll at about 50 mph with one in the far right lane and the other in the far left. They were both in shock when I passed by them in the center lane. The Jag was pulling on the SS, but not by a whole lot from my viewpoint.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
But you spun your tires a lot going 30 mph already with all the mods you have? I would have thought you would hook right up for the most part.
I only had the stock pp1 wheels with the pilot sports. Didn’t have the big n skinnies on. Doesn’t hook for nothin on the stockers. Especially after the long tubes and E85. Dang it!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
A few weeks ago, I ran up on one of those Jaguar F Type R and a Malibu SS going at it. Neither of them saw me since I was about a block behind them when they began their roll at about 50 mph with one in the far right lane and the other in the far left. They were both in shock when I passed by them in the center lane. The Jag was pulling on the SS, but not by a whole lot from my viewpoint.
The F-type comes in several versions. Most common are the V6.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I only had the stock pp1 wheels with the pilot sports. Didn’t have the big n skinnies on. Doesn’t hook for nothin on the stockers. Especially after the long tubes and E85. Dang it!
I feel your pain. Finally some warmer temps into the high 70’s has helped the hook a little past 2nd gear though. ;).

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yep could be very right, but on the other hand there are plenty of high-end cars here. If I ever see him again, I will take a look at it.

The F-type comes in several versions. Most common are the V6.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Few days back I was minding my own on the highway. 370z Nismo and a new RS3 are coming up fast in the rearview. I thought to myself, leave it be, Im tired. BUT THEN! my foot did this thing all on it's own and the clutch was now in, AND THEN! my hand smacks the stick into 3rd, please no im tired, AND THEN! my right foot gets all stompy and I'm off right as both cars get withing 3 car lengths. I was gone and pulling away at a significant rate. Boys there was nothing I could do, it was an automatic response. I got off and the 370Z followed until the next light. The driver was possibly the most douchy person I've ever seen, and he proceeded to tell me I couldn't hang in a fair race. We launched from the light and I ate his lunch, Dinner, and dessert. by about 100mph I had at least 5-6 car lengths on him before letting off. He did a flyby then cut in front to pretend he won? Well we couldn't have that so when the light went green he zooms off, Im chasing, at 40 I go around and repeat the process. He didn't like that so he pulled a U-turn at a median and I belly laughed for about 2 minutes.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
^^^^^ Be careful of the sore losers. Those are the kind that are not real car guys and will scratch or harm your car, given the chance.