Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No one ever wants to race me except Ford Focus's, Karen's in Ford escape's, and guys in dodge trucks..
I might give it a go (up to the speed limit only) if I were next to you. But I have the GT torn apart right now and you might not realize I was trying hard in my Fiesta ST. :like:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Usually don't mess around on the street much at all........the other day a Challenger literally switched lanes to get behind me when I exited. The exit leads to a normally sparsely traveled (even before all this crap) divided 4 lane. My adult son was with me. The guy got beside me - speed limit is 55mph - we were doing maybe 30mph? I down shifted to 2nd, he got beside me, he did the horn deal (I race at the track - literally first time "roll racing" in 30 years of driving legally) went on three. It was a scat pack 6 speed versus my stock '19 GT 6 speed (MGW shifter and H pipe - so stock) I pulled on him - his nose rear of my door. He never gained ground until I let off at triple digits in 3rd gear - my turn was coming up. I was a bit disappointed actually - if I could have found a base Scat Pack 6 speed in Destroyer Gray I would have bought it instead of my GT. Yeah, it's a pig but I liked it.
Seems like the cars are pretty evenly matched. I like Challengers too. They are super comfy and great highway cruisers. If I ever give up on road courses I will buy one.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
No one ever wants to race me except Ford Focus's, Karen's in Ford escape's, and guys in dodge trucks..
In my neck of the woods.. the only things wanting to race s550's are vettes, hellcats, s197's, and always imports. Imports I don't fuck around with, but every once in a while your gonna remind them where they stand in the food chain. Vettes who wanna race are usually driven by kids that got mommy to cosign and are relatively easy to beat from the dig cause they have zero clue on how to launch. Hellcats I like to roll race cause the looks on their faces when I hang with them to 110 mph is just priceless. S197 guys... shit man I thought BMW drivers were douchebags.. they ain't got nothing on s197 guys.. they all love the two step and use it at every opportunity they get. They are the rice of Mustangs haha.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
In my neck of the woods.. the only things wanting to race s550's are vettes, hellcats, s197's, and always imports. Imports I don't fuck around with, but every once in a while your gonna remind them where they stand in the food chain. Vettes who wanna race are usually driven by kids that got mommy to cosign and are relatively easy to beat from the dig cause they have zero clue on how to launch. Hellcats I like to roll race cause the looks on their faces when I hang with them to 110 mph is just priceless. S197 guys... shit man I thought BMW drivers were douchebags.. they ain't got nothing on s197 guys.. they all love the two step and use it at every opportunity they get. They are the rice of Mustangs haha.
Karens always line up next to me In a lane thats about to merge into mine thinking they’re going to race ahead and cut me off. Usually I let them but on occasion I like to see the look on their faces in my rear view mirror when I don’t. Makes me happy.

And yes the s197 guys can be bad... no doubt

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Karens always line up next to me In a lane thats about to merge into mine thinking they’re going to race ahead and cut me off. Usually I let them but on occasion I like to see the look on their faces in my rear view mirror when I don’t. Makes me happy.

but they just want to be in front of you. they dont want to drive faster they just need to be ahead. drives me insane.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
but they just want to be in front of you. they dont want to drive faster they just need to be ahead. drives me insane.
then they turn a 100 feet down the road. Fucking Karen’s.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

There was a s197 guy that I encountered a few times on the way in to work a couple years ago. It was a black convertible. I had the GT350 and for some reason I would always see him on cool days when I had my snow tires on - never when it was warm enough for the Pilot SS summer tires. That dude would ALWAYS beat me. Without fail every single time. It wasn't even close. I really wanted to ask him what kind of tires he was using.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight had a go with, wait for it, a tuned 1996 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec from a dig. :punch: I'll let you guys guessed as to the outcome :giggle:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Tonight had a go with, wait for it, a tuned 1996 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec from a dig. :punch: I'll let you guys guessed as to the outcome :giggle:
If it was a part throttle race, he spanked you good.

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not really a race but a stinger gt pulled up next to me yesterday and took off. He would have definitely pulled me. Im stock at the moment but still can’t be letting these kinds of things happen lol. Can’t wait to boost this thing with the a10.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got behind a Charger Daytona 392 today on a nice, 2 - lane country road. A pick up truck was in front of him and when there was a safe clear road ahead, I flashed my passing lights to let him know I was coming around him and the truck.

As soon as let off my headlight stalk flashers, he pulled out to pass, so I tucked in behind him, I had to let off the throttle since I was gaining on him pretty fast, sounded like his Hemi was in full song, but he could have been sand bagging.

He pulled over onto the road to my house and he pulled to the side of the road and stopped. I pulled along side him and found out he lived only about 1/2 mile from my house, nice dude, and we agreed to do a roll very soon. Got his cell, I look forward to it. Give me chance to try out this new 87 mm throttle body and FRPP tune.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
ATTESA E-TS Pro AWD
I had to google that shit haha.

He 'claimed' 1000 whp. Billet crank. Billet rods. Billet pistons. Billet pubes. <- literally what he said.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Billet gumbo, billet stew, fried billet, bar-b-que bilet...
He also sported a flat brim hat sideways, track suit, and kept grabbing his crotch.. you can't make this stuff up. Lol.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase