Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
You can get them in the 50’s here near Detroit. I’ve seen several ads.
For the auto? Well if so, if you can get an auto Hellcat for in the 50's OTD that's an amazing bargain! Be sure to of course add in tax/freight/tags and which rebates you're actually eligible..."deals" can have a way of quickly not becoming much of a deal. I still feel I got a great deal as certified low mile 2017 auto HC's are still going for as much or more than what I paid 9 months ago.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
For the auto? Well if so, if you can get an auto Hellcat for in the 50's OTD that's an amazing bargain! Be sure to of course add in tax/freight/tags and which rebates you're actually eligible..."deals" can have a way of quickly not becoming much of a deal. I still feel I got a great deal as certified low mile 2017 auto HC's are still going for as much or more than what I paid 9 months ago.
The one I like is. Go look (google) at Szott Dodge in highland mi. They have a blue one with a black hood for $54k. $13k off. No leather and not a wide body but I love the color combo. The other one doesn’t have photos. Suburban has one also for $55k.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Btw, you did get a good deal. I think dodge is just feeling the heat a little from the new reveals of the gt500 and C8 here.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Btw, you did get a good deal. I think dodge is just feeling the heat a little from the new reveals of the gt500 and C8 here.
I'm sure they are... the C8 is looking to be a game changer. If you can get that brand new HC on the road for under 60k that'd be a great deal. You thinking about putting along side your stang or trading?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure they are... the C8 is looking to be a game changer. If you can get that brand new HC on the road for under 60k that'd be a great deal. You thinking about putting along side your stang or trading?
No.. I just like to shop. It’s one of those cars I’d consider so I like to keep an eye on the trends and those prices shocked me. First time I’ve seen discounts like that on HCs

Sponsored

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Roll raced a Porsche 911GT3 on the way to Deals Gap last week...Caught him on a divided 4 lane and pulled next to him at around 4500rpm's in 2nd gear. I got the kick and pulled a fender on him and then he pulled it back, ran maybe 2/3 of the way through 3rd gear and we were still beside each other before traffic up ahead ended the party. I felt really good about the showing of the Mustang, all giddy with heart pounding, lol. I know the Porsche has too much for what I have but I'll bet the other driver may have a little more respect for 5 liter mustangs in the future. Later down the road he pulled up to me at a red light and gave a thumbs up! That was a lot of fun!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Cool race with a 17 corvette zo6 auto. Vette was on fats and skinnies. With a ported blower. It was over at the starting line. And just got worse from there.:wink:
1857.jpeg

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
talk about delusional... nobody cares.
Then why are you reading this thread...

Nevermind. Don't answer. No one gives a shit.

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
I can go the other direction with my cars against the GT :D

My Volvo S60 Polestar Carbon Edition around 1/8 mile on the street vs GT fastback, S60 jumps it off the line easily due to AWD. Over a this distance the GT cant catch up, but on a 1/4 mile it might catch up and pass me if they get a good launch (hasnt happened yet).

My Roush Stage 1 Ecoboost Mustang Fastback Auto against stock auto convertible GT, pretty much dead even rolling and off the line (not sure the distance, its road around where we both live prob less than 1/4 mile).
I thought the GT would still have enough to pull away since we have only standard 95RON fuel here, but my car runs mostly on octane boosted fuel mix, im guessing the vert GT weighs a fair bit more than a fastback Ecoboost too.

Then lastly another two for reference:
BMW M4 (non CS) vs Roush Eco - Off the line very close up to about 1/8 but the M4 runs away towards the end of around 1/4. Both cars heat soak after a couple runs, i have a new IC now would like to go against that M4 again.
Golf Mk5 R32 Stage 1 DSG vs Roush Eco - I thought the AWD Golf would be decent off the line, but it got murdered every single time, 4 out of 4 the Golf got left behind by a huge margin. All that displacement (3.2L) for nothing, sounded awesome though :D

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
nothing great. had i think 6th gen camaro try to chase me, we downshifted and i started to walk him. chased some kind of charger i dont think it was a hellcat but he downshifted and tried to lose me but never gained any ground, finally pulled over to let me by. only been to the track a couple times and somehow ended up running the same wrx 3 runs in a row and it wasnt close all 3 runs he would get the jump but by second gear he was toast.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've had a bunch of great battles on track with Corvette's, 911's, Gt-350's pretty much everything. One that I'll never forget was between me (GT PP1) and a McLaren 570S.

It was at Sonoma Raceway at the beginning of track season last year and I followed him for a couple laps. I kept on him, made my presence known and eventually wore
him down.

He kinda had a pissy attitude for the remainder of the day but oh well.

Heres a couple more from my IG

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Just out of curiosity, my A10 GT convertible against my modded 335i Xdrive, with me and my son-inlaw driving each car... so two runs. GT by about 2 car lengths, either driver...thanks to the A10. The BMW has 6 speed manual.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Usually don't mess around on the street much at all........the other day a Challenger literally switched lanes to get behind me when I exited. The exit leads to a normally sparsely traveled (even before all this crap) divided 4 lane. My adult son was with me. The guy got beside me - speed limit is 55mph - we were doing maybe 30mph? I down shifted to 2nd, he got beside me, he did the horn deal (I race at the track - literally first time "roll racing" in 30 years of driving legally) went on three. It was a scat pack 6 speed versus my stock '19 GT 6 speed (MGW shifter and H pipe - so stock) I pulled on him - his nose rear of my door. He never gained ground until I let off at triple digits in 3rd gear - my turn was coming up. I was a bit disappointed actually - if I could have found a base Scat Pack 6 speed in Destroyer Gray I would have bought it instead of my GT. Yeah, it's a pig but I liked it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Usually don't mess around on the street much at all........the other day a Challenger literally switched lanes to get behind me when I exited. The exit leads to a normally sparsely traveled (even before all this crap) divided 4 lane. My adult son was with me. The guy got beside me - speed limit is 55mph - we were doing maybe 30mph? I down shifted to 2nd, he got beside me, he did the horn deal (I race at the track - literally first time "roll racing" in 30 years of driving legally) went on three. It was a scat pack 6 speed versus my stock '19 GT 6 speed (MGW shifter and H pipe - so stock) I pulled on him - his nose rear of my door. He never gained ground until I let off at triple digits in 3rd gear - my turn was coming up. I was a bit disappointed actually - if I could have found a base Scat Pack 6 speed in Destroyer Gray I would have bought it instead of my GT. Yeah, it's a pig but I liked it.
No one ever wants to race me except Ford Focus's, Karen's in Ford escape's, and guys in dodge trucks..
Sponsored