tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Traction control isn't disabled is it ? IIRC, you bought the car used. You might want to make sure someone didn't use forscan to shut it off electronically. https://forscan.org/home.html
Traction control doesn’t help much and feels like a bottle neck if anything. Found I can get better times by turning it off and controlling throttle myself.

And car was stock when I bought it so not worried about people messing with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I second double checking the tire pressure instead of just assuming. My tps sensors read about two psi low compared to my mechanical gauge so I set accordingly. My ps4s feel like ice skates at anything above 35 psi (warm) around 70+ F ambient temp. Just setting them to 32/33 is enough to let me punch it in first, even when it's 55° F out. All assuming during the day. At night it's a bit more trouble. My state has had some fun temp swings the last few weeks. I added air to accommodate the temp drop but the temp shot back up so I was painfully reminded how bad these tires are at higher pressure.

Also, are you giving your tires a chance to warm up or are you gunning it the moment you leave your neighborhood? I let my car reach operating temp which is long enough but there's been a couple moments where I've had to get on it sooner and I'm all over the place.

Disclaimer. I almost exclusively drive with advance track off.
I’ll try checking tire pressure but I don’t know what I should put it at. And ya the tires were warm. Did like 10 attempts and 4.9 was the best I got.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
20k miles doesn’t sound too bad. I spin the shit of the tires on the car daily so it might even last longer. Tires were supposedly brand new when I bought the car 6 months ago. How wide tires are you running?
my daily set are square 285/35 MP4S on 10” wheels all round. I have an 11” square set for 305s but those are for autox/track.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I didn't like the 555s when I had them on my 2016. The PS4Ss are much better.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Traction control doesn’t help much and feels like a bottle neck if anything. Found I can get better times by turning it off and controlling throttle myself.

And car was stock when I bought it so not worried about people messing with it.
Well yes, it is a hindrance. OTOH, it is doing what it is supposed to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Well yes, it is a hindrance. OTOH, it is doing what it is supposed to do.
Ah no not really lmao. Traction control let’s it spin freely, just harder to control the spin so it makes the car slower. Idk maybe I got the handicapped traction control but I swear that thing just doesn’t care.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
We need an off road mode like the Explorer .... :rockon: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Every RWD car I've had cannot get more than 350 HP down without triggering traction control.

I personally would drop the rear tire pressure a couple lbs, and try every drive mode on the same strip to see what works best.

One of them should be the perfect balance or close to it for max acceleration. The computer reacts exponentially faster than any human.

I personally like snow mode haha.
Hmm personally have found traction control to be almost useless on this car. Only time I thank it is when I spin on the 2-3rd shift. It does a good job of cutting power to save the car from spinning too much but not too much to make the car noticeably slow down. Any other time whether that be in sport or drive, rain or shine, traction control doesn’t seem to care. I can fully spin the tires in the rain and traction control just blinks at me.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
To add my 2 cents Alignment factory alignment on this cars is so bad that with the factory PZero's my car was sliding on every corner. Ones I fixed the alignment the car is way more plainted mostly consider adding something like +0.2 degrees of total toe in on the rear tires .

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I find usually if it's over 80 F I hook fairly well in second and up. If it's cooler than 60 it's hard to get any tires to stick.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I can confirm they do....but yikes they wear pretty fast.

NT555RII's will help a lot if not over 650rw, and still be drivable in the rain.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The mustang TC does allow some wheel spin.

Try driving a F150 It allows zero and IMO is dangerous.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The mustang TC does allow some wheel spin.
I wonder whether Euro and US models are set up differently, because I keep hearing this, but it's completely unlike my experience.
My Euro GT will cut off the gas extremely fast and abruptly at the very first sign of slippage. I find it very annoying, which is why I got into the habit of turning it off first thing after starting the engine.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My Euro GT will cut off the gas extremely fast and abruptly at the very first sign of slippage.
That is how the US F150's operate. Pull into traffic with some throttle and if the wheels spin at all the throttle is chopped.
Sponsored