Sponsored

MT82 or A10? Your thoughts...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The A10 is a mediocre transmission at best, compared to other more sophisticated choices. Get the manual, while they last. And just like the post above me mentioned, it's really fun to drive even leisurely. Engine sound is amazing in sport (AE) exhaust mode, and rev-matched downshifts even without exceeding 3.5K rpm sound incredible.
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
The A10 is a mediocre transmission at best, compared to other more sophisticated choices. Get the manual, while they last. And just like the post above me mentioned, it's really fun to drive even leisurely. Engine sound is amazing in sport (AE) exhaust mode, and rev-matched downshifts even without exceeding 3.5K rpm sound incredible.
Agreed. I have the A10 and it started out great but after a couple of months things started to show up. Delayed shifts, abrupt and harsh downshifts and upshifts etc. I do not understand why Ford did not go with a ZF 8 speed transmission. I drove a Charger with the ZF and that transmission rocks the A10 into oblivion.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Agreed. I have the A10 and it started out great but after a couple of months things started to show up. Delayed shifts, abrupt and harsh downshifts and upshifts etc. I do not understand why Ford did not go with a ZF 8 speed transmission. I drove a Charger with the ZF and that transmission rocks the A10 into oblivion.
It needs a relearn.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I do not understand why Ford did not go with a ZF 8 speed transmission.
To avoid spending a few more bucks. It's unfortunate, since it's miles more refined than the A10 (I owned a 2018). You don't need more than 8 gears, especially on a V8, or a turbo engine, period. Otherwise might as well make it a CVT.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
And yet the A10 keeps the Coyote in the top "flat part" of the powerband all day. It's almost like they planned it...
having driven the a10 in the mustang as well as the 8 speed auto in the challenger/charger scat pack and hellcat and having a buddy that owns a challenger scat pack...

i agree with you. i like the a10 much more. my only struggle is deciding if i want to keep my a10 or go back to a manual for the driving pleasure i get from a manual. the mach 1 is making this decision even more difficult.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Do you have room in your garage/heart/wallet for two Mustangs?
ive considered it...
garage/heart yes..definitely
wallet..i could afford it yes but probably shouldnt being on a military pay wage :cwl::cwl::cwl:

my only hope may be to find a nice lady friend that also has a mustang love

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
House comes 1st, but yeah, probably a third vehicle at some point. It'll be a truck though because house.
Actually my second car im tempted to be Lingenfelter Corvette since my name is Lingenfelter and that is my family..

Sadly not close enough for a free one though. :cwl: