Sponsored

MT82 D4 w/3.73 rear gears - roll race sweet spot?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
If you were trying to take down a hellcat from a roll, what speed would you pick? 30 roll in 1st gear?
Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Does it matter? You're down about 250 hp.

I'd start with a big ol' Whipple or Odin kit first.
I’m going to be FBO and e85 here shortly. search the YouTube for FBO coyote vs hellcat

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
search the YouTube for FBO coyote vs hellcat
You don't stand a chance, especially with the MT82.

But I digress. To answer your initial question, you want to start around 4800-5000rpm in whatever gear you're in for optimal results and still give you a second before having to shift.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
You don't stand a chance, especially with the MT82.

But I digress. To answer your initial question, you want to start around 4800-5000rpm in whatever gear you're in for optimal results and still give you a second before having to shift.
I’ll get taken down with the mt82 I agree but it will be a good run. A stock hellcat goes door for door against an FBO e85 10 speed.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just do what most roll racers do & leave on 2. I took down a Challenger Hellcat with my Mt82 1st gen coyote. But it was from a dig & Whippled. The wot box helps a ton imo.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A stock hellcat goes door for door against an FBO e85 10 speed.
"A couple of them have"

A lot of those FBO Mustangs only run 121-122 in the 1/4

A lot of stock Hellcats go 128-129 mph

And with an M6 you're going to be quite a bit slower than an A10

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Def don't think you should be in 1st. 2nd would be better, imo... bring it up to a 40 roll if you need to... but I still think you are going to lose, lol.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hook up a little Nitrous in a Bag kit and that will even the playing field. The Nitrous has gobs of torque and it takes a bit for a blower car to catch up to that.

https://nitrousoutlet.com/products/...MIuuzagezlhAMVeaNaBR2YwQwlEAQYAiABEgJvnfD_BwE

Here is a video of my friend’s two Vettes. The yellow one is a 2009 FBO 6 speed manual car with a cam and 150 shot of nitrous and the other is his 2020 C8 with a Procharger PIX. The C8 was coming back though. In your case, if you shorten the run a bit or limit it to a 1/4 mile, you might have a very good chance of holding off that Hellcat with a 150 shot.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Def don't think you should be in 1st. 2nd would be better, imo... bring it up to a 40 roll if you need to... but I still think you are going to lose, lol.
I know I’m going to lose, just want to make it a somewhat close race. This is a “grudge match” where my buddy with a scat charger called in his neighbor to race me after I took down the scat stock for stock.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of those FBO Mustangs only run 121-122 in the 1/4
Full bolt on meaning ? And what year mustang(s) ? Auto ?
I run a buck 25 (give or take) on a regular basis. I ain't full bolt-on.

C-WOODS-70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 A-Code coupe, '67 A-Code coupe, '22 GT PP 6MT
Hook up a little Nitrous in a Bag kit and that will even the playing field. The Nitrous has gobs of torque and it takes a bit for a blower car to catch up to that.

https://nitrousoutlet.com/products/...MIuuzagezlhAMVeaNaBR2YwQwlEAQYAiABEgJvnfD_BwE

Here is a video of my friend’s two Vettes. The yellow one is a 2009 FBO 6 speed manual car with a cam and 150 shot of nitrous and the other is his 2020 C8 with a Procharger PIX. The C8 was coming back though. In your case, if you shorten the run a bit or limit it to a 1/4 mile, you might have a very good chance of holding off that Hellcat with a 150 shot.

How does nitrous work with a stick shift? Does it stop adding the extra nitrous/fuel when shifting? What gear do you add the "juice" from a stop? I am knowledgeable on cars but know little about nitrous.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How does nitrous work with a stick shift? Does it stop adding the extra nitrous/fuel when shifting? What gear do you add the "juice" from a stop? I am knowledgeable on cars but know little about nitrous.
With my car, I use a Nitrous Outlet ProMax progressive controller. It allows me to spray in multiple ways, although I use as many of the safety features as possible, such as low and high fuel pressure limits, low and high nitrous pressure limits, wot, rpm (window switch), tps, gear lockouts and more).

To answer your question regarding gear changes, I lift, shift and go right back to wot. My controller will either hold the shot where it was when I let off the throttle to shift and pick back up there, when I go wot again, or it can start over and ramp the shot back in (bring it in slowly if I program it to ramp the nitrous in), when you go wot again, according to how you program it. Lastly, You can lock out up to 3 gears. The way this works is, you program a shift point (let’s say, 5300 rpm) and an rpm drop (let’s say, 500 rpm) into the controller, which looks for you to meet or exceed the shift point and rpm drop (which occurs when you press the clutch to shift). The rpm drop tells the controller that you shifted and the nitrous begins to spray.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The way this works is, you program a shift point (let’s say, 5300 rpm) and an rpm drop (let’s say, 500 rpm) into the controller, which looks for you to meet or exceed the shift point and rpm drop (which occurs when you press the clutch to shift). The rpm drop tells the controller that you shifted and the nitrous begins to spray.
You using like a 300+ shot ?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You using like a 300+ shot ?
I wish. If I were shooting 300, my problem of cutting a good sixty would be over, lol. I could just do a stoplight type of takeoff, out of the hole and let that 300 do what it do to make up for the poor sixty.
Sponsored