Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ampdistributing.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Bearings do not whine! Bearing growl like a brake pads that is worn down to the metal and grinding on the rotor.

Why is it that blowers whine and turbos don't? The reason is, blowers are gear driven and blowers are not. The gears in the unit create the whine. The gears in the transmission create the whine as well.
Sponsored

TMSBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss, 2019 GT Convert., 2019 GT350R
I wouldn't worry. Without hearing your car in person it's hard to tell. Go to a dealer for a proper diagnosis if you want peace of mind.
That's good advise. A visit to the dealer will also document your concerns early. You should have another 4 years on power train warranty.

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Resurrecting this one...

Recently I started getting the notorious whine when in lower gears and it has also started making noise when in neutral. Simply pressing the clutch in and the noise goes away, release and it comes right back. Clutch feel is fine, no slipping.

There seems to be mixed opinions on this being the throw out bearing or the input shaft bearing.

I was planning on a trans fluid change and a new clutch but if it's the input shaft bearing none of that will help...

Clutch 'whir' noise:

Potato camera whine:
I got the exact same noises for over 10k miles now, not getting any worse so im not worrying about it, dealer said whine is normal.

Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I got the exact same noises for over 10k miles now, not getting any worse so im not worrying about it, dealer said whine is normal.
Same response from one dealer I went to. "We have multiple customers with the same issues but so long as driveability is not impacted, Ford will not authorize any work."

2faststang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989/2015 mustang
First off I can not stand these threads of my car is making a noise is it OK?? Not to be mean to anyone but if you are worried about a performance car with a noise u need to buy a normal car cause guess what they have noises too.

The harder I drive my car...which I have 19000 miles of hard driven miles "6000 of them on gumball rally's" the better it runs yes there is noises but it's a car!!!

Drive it like Ya stole it cause that's why u buy it!!! Harder you drive it the high rpm's you hold the better it will run!!

Drive your mustang and quit worrying about it and drive it!!!

I bet other members that drive their car hard the less problems the members that drive theirs like it is a million dollar one off car...it's a 30K mustang that is meant to be driven and driven hard!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

richard0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My 2015 GT premium was delivered to me in jan 2015.....and I had been happy with it.....I'm a 43 year old disabled veteran....I responsible adult.....I don't let anyone else drive my car and I don't run it hard....due to a change in circumstances I've had to put more miles on it over the last few months than I would like(28000 to date)....mostly normal highway driving(long work commute). About a week or so ago I started to hear whining from the transmission....particularly in 5th and 6th gear....then this past Wednesday, while I was on the interstate, the tranny quit working altogether....wouldn't go into any gear....after roadside service towed it to nearest dealer,...now they are trying to say I abused it and they won't cover it under warranty......absolutely ridiculous
Sorry to hear about this.. what ended up happening?

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
My transmission has a little bit of that whine noise to it. No other problems shifting, as the transmission seems otherwise solid and good. But I've heard that MT-82 can be... twitchy so I thought I'd ask if it's a problem I should look at or not. The noise is similar to the noise this video, but not quite as loud:

[ame]

Should I be concerned?

What ended up happing with this?
My 17 just started. Sounds the same. Drives great though.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Do you have an aftermarket shifter? If not, then definitely not normal. At least my Bullitt doesn't do it. But I'm sure if I was to remove the insulation, I'd hear some noise, so can't really say if it's normal or not... but you shouldn't hear it inside the cabin. Hope somebody else can be of more help. Good luck.

Jeff58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP
Mine has that scraping like noise when he shifts into 2nd at around 39 seconds.....I was worried about it but mechanic said it is normal.
Sponsored