• Total voters

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Yes long standing relationships still go along way in business and i think that is evident here. Although we have heard some dealers not caring about the relationship and want the ADM.

You always know who your friends are when theres a tough decision to be made.

All that being said i think a base with tech, handling, recaros and painted roof is worth the 98k ill be paying with ADM out the door.
What color? I did the Rapid Red, tech, handling, OTT vinyl stripes and side strips 93K OTD so our deals are very similar got just a little less ADM as I have bought over 10 cars from the guy, so even with a relationship still paid ADM and I'm happy it's worth it to me and that really all that matters right, if I was spending other peoples money I would care what they thought but since it's mine their opinion of my deal or my financial decisions really mean nothing
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Honestly I'm amazed that 61% of the deals so far are at MSRP. Really makes me curious...I'm not sure what Im curious about, but I am. ha
Its because they're lying. Surprised nobody is getting one at invoice.
LOL
yea, no. They are lying. Its the internet and Ego. Like the guy in NJ says he got an MSRP deal from a random dealership.. not happening. I know people at nearly all of them, but called all of them; i offered over msrp + more cars, they wanted an ADM i wasnt willing to pay, months ago. SO how he got an msrp deal last week makes ya wonder

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I doubt that they are lying more likely that the people here have been in the Mustang crowd for a long time and have made many friends and can get an MSRP deal so the results are a little one sided in the end of the 5000 models I'm sure it will be more then 50% that pay some ADM though I do think that there will be only a few (CA, South FL, and other big cities) that pay more then 10K ADM now I have zero proof that is just an opinion which I guess is what these forums are all about anyways.
There's people in this thread that have called 150+ dealerships being told ADM is X amount, and just about everyone saying the same thing, but poll result is 61% paying MSRP.
We already know who is full of shit.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
There's people in this thread that have called 150+ dealerships being told ADM is X amount, and just about everyone saying the same thing, but poll result is 61% paying MSRP.
I’m not the truth police by any means, but I don’t know why someone would lie in an anonymous setting. I know there probably are some that are. Personally I got an MSRP deal after contacting around 25 dealers. Probably 1/3 of them were asking an ADM, never heard back from a few, two of them said they were going to order for inventory and see what they could get on the show room, and 2 said that Ford wouldn’t let them order one yet (?????). The one that made a deal was in a smaller town, but had a newer and larger dealership because they drew from a large area. They had sold 4 Shelby’s the last two years and gave me their only allotment for the 500 because I was the first person that had asked about it. I was actually prepared to pay an ADM, but they took list and were very straightforward about the whole thing.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not claiming to be truth police, I dont really care on the matter. I just know people will lie just to look good in front of strangers they will never meet. This is the internet after all, we bang perfect 10 models with natural curves, can bench 405 at least 10x, and live in a 5 + million house.
Also, when we buy cars, the dealer sells at a discount because they appreciate our loyalty.

Sponsored

voodoo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500, 21 X6M50i, 74 Bronco, 21 Tremor, 79 C10
I'm not claiming to be truth police, I dont really care on the matter. I just know people will lie just to look good in front of strangers they will never meet. This is the internet after all, we bang perfect 10 models with natural curves, can bench 405 at least 10x, and live in a 5 + million house.
Also, when we buy cars, the dealer sells at a discount because they appreciate our loyalty.

There are also a lot of people on this thread that have relationships with their current Ford dealer. I sent one email over a year ago and that solidified my deal at MSRP. That was it, nothing less, nothing more. Some people may have to call multiple dealers to get this, but realize there are still independently owned Ford dealers that care about their customers and relationships. Some, like mine, flat out refused to sell over MSRP. Might be hard for you to swallow, but that is the case. No need to be bitter about it. Good luck with your ADM.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
MSRP for my Base + Options, and MSRP for a small chance that I get a CFTP

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are also a lot of people on this thread that have relationships with their current Ford dealer. I sent one email over a year ago and that solidified my deal at MSRP. That was it, nothing less, nothing more. Some people may have to call multiple dealers to get this, but realize there are still independently owned Ford dealers that care about their customers and relationships. Some, like mine, flat out refused to sell over MSRP. Might be hard for you to swallow, but that is the case. No need to be bitter about it. Good luck with your ADM.
I dont have any ADM, so i aint bitter. LOL
Theres a flip side to that coin that ive read here and other forums as well. You can have over 20+ year relationship with said dealer, in the end if someone is willing to pay 20-30k in adm on 1 vehicle, theres no telling how that dealership will handle it.

Also, this is like the GT350R all over again, people paid crazy ADM and I used to think 5k was decent on an R. Now you can get one for MSRP.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Theres a flip side to that coin that ive read here and other forums as well. You can have over 20+ year relationship with said dealer, in the end if someone is willing to pay 20-30k in adm on 1 vehicle, theres no telling how that dealership will handle it.

Also, this is like the GT350R all over again, people paid crazy ADM and I used to think 5k was decent on an R. Now you can get one for MSRP.
I said same thing regarding the 350r, so many people were online defending and justifying what they paid for an R because they felt it was never going to go down etc. Well now look, I found 5 2019 Rs for MSRP and I am sure they may even do better since 2020 is right around the corner.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red

I do have ADM 5K from a small dealer he really wanted to do MSRP but a semi local dealer offered him money to buy his allotment (what-that really means is they order a car then sell it to other dealer when they get it pretty sure) he was honest and said it’s hard to pass up money (now that is no BS it is hard for anyone to pass up money) in the end I paid about half what he was offered and we both was happy he sold to a loyal costumer and still made some money. I think in the long run I will get my fun out of the 5K and will also get a dealer that will continue to work with me on all my future purchases. I bleed Ford blue (good or bad) so will always buy Ford. I have a 2016 F150, 2019 Ranger and a 2013 supercharged GT Premium ( which is for sale....lol) all bought from say dealer this year replacing Mustang next year F150. So I think he knows in the end he will make the other half of what he left on the table later with me. Just an example I’m sure that some got MSRP deals for similar reasons it’s hard to find but there are a few ( just a few) good businesses out there left

Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Jesus christ dude read about sample bias. A fraction of the total GT500 buyers are responding here and you think everyone is lying because they are getting MSRP?

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus christ dude read about sample bias. A fraction of the total GT500 buyers are responding here and you think everyone is lying because they are getting MSRP?
Okay to admit you're gullible. I dont know whats funnier, anyone believing the poll or Ford dealers not salivating at the thought of getting paid like the GT350/R days.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I doubt that they are lying more likely that the people here have been in the Mustang crowd for a long time and have made many friends and can get an MSRP deal so the results are a little one sided in the end of the 5000 models I'm sure it will be more then 50% that pay some ADM though I do think that there will be only a few (CA, South FL, and other big cities) that pay more then 10K ADM now I have zero proof that is just an opinion which I guess is what these forums are all about anyways.
I will also suggest that none of us are lying about what we are purchasing the new GT500 for and sorry to see some feel that way.

Of the 24 votes for MSRP pricing I will suggest that you are correct in saying that the majority of these 24 individuals have been part of the Mustang crowd for a very long time therefore they have forged some very strong relationships with various Ford dealers in all parts of the country.

On the flip side I will also suggest that the majority of the overall transactions for the launch of the 2020 GT500 will have some sort of ADM and with the percentage being much more than 50%.

Being away on business this week I walked into a Ford dealership in the SLC area and asked them about their allocation after which time they said that it was already sold and were very happy to tell me that it sold for a $30,000 ADM and it was not even a Golden Ticket car but a base GT500 model.

There is no question in my mind that these poll numbers do not represent a fair and accurate portrayal of what is really going on out there with respect to ADM pricing but I do believe that they are truthful based on a very small cross section of polling.

:sunglasses:

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Okay to admit you're gullible. I dont know whats funnier, anyone believing the poll or Ford dealers not salivating at the thought of getting paid like the GT350/R days.
It’s ok to admit that you know nothing about statistics.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I’m definitely not lying. No reason to. Nor was I back in 2015. These guys have all stated my exact scenario. I’ve owned Ford’s my entire life and been a mustang fanatic since before I could read. I worked VERY hard, early on, to score my 2016 GT350 at MSRP in August of 2015. I definitely called 100+ dealerships. But it paid off.

That relationship, coupled with working with the same dealer for over a year now on the GT500, allowed me to score an MSRP deal again.

Clearly the guys that have been working deals since before the official announcement of the GT500 are die hard Ford/Mustang fans, and are more representative of the types of guys voting on this poll, maybe even on this forum. So, are they disproportionate to the typical scenario, yes. Outright lying, doubtful.

Then again, it really doesn’t matter to me. I’m an MSRP or bust kind of guy and blessed enough to have found my deal. I don’t judge anyone else for paying the right price for them. Just damn lucky to be here and preparing to enjoy one of the single greatest machines ever created by Ford!
Sponsored