Sponsored

For all the not so happy crowd hearing just 760HP nothing special poll

Who here actually has a 700HP plus car and or had driven one?

• Total voters

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Sorry bro, I'm not buying you were naturally aspirated at 5'7" 265-270 pushing 535+.

Signed
Seth Feroce

PS - Not judging you, just not buying.
Of course, you're absolutely free not to. A quick google search of your name shows that you are a giant son of a gun. There was/were plenty of 100% legal supplements at that time and I took full advantage of legal suppies. But, I have never in my life used illegal substances. By the way, nice cuts. I enjoyed putting on size, way more than taking it off.
Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Of course, you're absolutely free not to. A quick google search of your name shows that you are a giant son of a gun. There was/were plenty of 100% legal supplements at that time and I took full advantage of legal suppies. But, I have never in my life used illegal substances. By the way, nice cuts. I enjoyed putting on size, way more than taking it off.
I'm not Seth. I'm about 6 inches taller. LOL. But I do body build and Seth is inspirational and motivational. I made a cynical comment. Anyway, you look like a bull in that pic dude. Well done.

Mighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang RS3
I have a 727 hp Roush and I'm excited for this car. I can't wait to see what it's like to drive a car with similar horsepower that was actually engineered for it.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 727 hp Roush and I'm excited for this car. I can't wait to see what it's like to drive a car with similar horsepower that was actually engineered for it.
what's the problem with the Roush also what is your track apps 0-60 time ?

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Engine torque is mostly meaningless, especially when you have a fast-shifting DCT with lots of gears that multiply engine torque.
that
This. Even the 10R80 in the 18 and up GT's has almost the same effect by not letting the nose fall off between shifts. It's the main reason they went almost a full second quicker out of the box compared to the 15-17 and older cars. 625 torque mated to a tranny that shifts as quick as the new DCT7 is going to be a lot more effective than 700,750 or more in a car with a 6 speed manual or most other autos.....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What’s crazy is a 1/3 of the people that responded. Say they currently own a 700+ horsepower car! Remember when 160 was a lot?:surprised:

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I believe that the DCT will make a HUGE difference. (lol insert Trump joke here). The transmission as I have said before is the unknown unknown of this equation. I truly believe that Ford has put together a great package and doing the Joker( wait till they get a load of me!) type hype.

I do believe this stang will surprise a lot of people, and to thinks this is the gen one of it. What will we see if we get to gen 2 or gen 3 like the GT or even the GT350 ? Look at the 15 to the 19 of the GT350....Great times gentlemen, great times indeed.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
that
This. Even the 10R80 in the 18 and up GT's has almost the same effect by not letting the nose fall off between shifts. It's the main reason they went almost a full second quicker out of the box compared to the 15-17 and older cars. 625 torque mated to a tranny that shifts as quick as the new DCT7 is going to be a lot more effective than 700,750 or more in a car with a 6 speed manual or most other autos.....

Yep, I think GT500 will make more torque, at higher RPM and make better use of gearing - simply looking at a torque plot in a vacuum make little sense (a couple of mouth breathers on other sites were doing the "duh, der, my car will make more torque at lower RPM"). I think it's going to be quick off the line, but that 20-100MPH roll it's going to be devastatingly fast.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What’s crazy is a 1/3 of the people that responded. Say they currently own a 700+ horsepower car! Remember when 160 was a lot?:surprised:
I do remember buying a 1983 Mustang GT from a kid who said it was really fast. I tried not to smile.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Would people of believed you 10 years ago if you said in 2020 people would be complaining about 760 hp in a factory car?
With all the creature comforts, no less.....

Back in the early-mid '90s I ran a '70 Cougar with a healthy 351C-4V on the strip, with a manually shifted C4 auto and 4.56 gears. No power brakes or steering. The interior was gutted except for the dash, driver seat, and door cards and was like being inside a 55-gallon drum (a loud, hot one at that). I thought I was The Shit when I got it running mid to high 11s.

We've gotten spoiled for sure.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
All the power in the world means nothing if limp dick mode rears its head. There were reports of multiple ZL1's entering this protective strategy at COTA (in the summer heat) last year and that car has 11 heat exchangers. I just hope Ford has nipped this one in the bud (with far less coolers) somehow.

eighty6gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
just think, to get 760 you're actually making... roughly double that and all the excess has to get sent out as heat, vibration, or noise.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All the power in the world means nothing if limp dick mode rears its head. There were reports of multiple ZL1's entering this protective strategy at COTA (in the summer heat) last year and that car has 11 heat exchangers. I just hope Ford has nipped this one in the bud (with far less coolers) somehow.
They've had enough time to figure it out. This car should be flawless.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I remember having a '76 Cobra II with 139 hp, lol.
Sponsored