Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
MPT sends it with the rev limiter at 7500 and no governor. Park/neutral rev limiter is around 4100 on mine I think.

I put mine on last week and got the first revision for 87 PRX yesterday...Did anyone else's exhaust sound much deeper after just a revision? I'm guessing because it is taking more advantage of the extra air/exhaust room because of the CAI, ported TB, and shorties but thought it was curious.

Also ran it down to 1 mile to empty and loaded up some 93, will run it low again fill up with 93 and then switch the tune tonight.
Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
MPT sends it with the rev limiter at 7500 and no governor. Park/neutral rev limiter is around 4100 on mine I think.

I put mine on last week and got the first revision for 87 PRX yesterday...Did anyone else's exhaust sound much deeper after just a revision? I'm guessing because it is taking more advantage of the extra air/exhaust room because of the CAI, ported TB, and shorties but thought it was curious.

Also ran it down to 1 mile to empty and loaded up some 93, will run it low again fill up with 93 and then switch the tune tonight.
So altho theres no option to switch the speed governor and rev limiter, they are still unlocked? I didnt try to go fast but the car is a beast now and can launch missiles with my exhaust and ported tb+ intake!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Speed governor yes, rev limiter to 7500. I think they'll set either to what you ask (within reason) though.

I know another guy dyno'd his car then set the rev limiter to like 6200 because peak power was at 5800.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Speed governor yes, rev limiter to 7500. I think they'll set either to what you ask (within reason) though.

I know another guy dyno'd his car then set the rev limiter to like 6200 because peak power was at 5800.
I see. Btw I was talking about neutral rev limiter. I think drive rev limiter is open

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I see. Btw I was talking about neutral rev limiter. I think drive rev limiter is open
Neutral is around 4200-4500 range and 2 steps (or whatever its called when you can hold on and it keeps going). I don't think they'd leave the rev limiter open though, if anything happens you could easily blame them 100% for that. I know we give up certain things putting a tune on the car, but no tuner should leave it wide open in case someone misses a shift because that could kill the engine right away.

For my tune in particular, I'm datalogging with them right now and some concern is being shown regarding the quality of my gas even though it is 93 from a Top Tier brand. I think I may know why and I'll be interested to find out for sure in the morning. I'm guessing it is from my strut tower brace which is elevated by spacers but still sits very close to the intake manifold. It could be that the engine hits it when I'm accelerating and causes the knock sensors to go off and pull timing. Hopefully that is all it is.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Neutral is around 4200-4500 range and 2 steps (or whatever its called when you can hold on and it keeps going). I don't think they'd leave the rev limiter open though, if anything happens you could easily blame them 100% for that. I know we give up certain things putting a tune on the car, but no tuner should leave it wide open in case someone misses a shift because that could kill the engine right away.

For my tune in particular, I'm datalogging with them right now and some concern is being shown regarding the quality of my gas even though it is 93 from a Top Tier brand. I think I may know why and I'll be interested to find out for sure in the morning. I'm guessing it is from my strut tower brace which is elevated by spacers but still sits very close to the intake manifold. It could be that the engine hits it when I'm accelerating and causes the knock sensors to go off and pull timing. Hopefully that is all it is.

Maybe its locked at an rpm range that ive never reached cuz i dont really miss shifts on paddle shifting. Also my car is automatic.

Seems that alotta people are having a problem with 93. Seems that many areas provide bad 93 octane gasoline

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Just as an update on mine, took off the strut tower brace and it went from a max of 8 to max 4.5 degree of knock. There is nothing at all when the car is in park/neutral which is why I think it is false knock. Next thing (most likely when I get back from a trip this week) will be to check for any noises by hitting along the exhaust pipes and fixing the position of the passenger side exhaust tip. Right now it is definitely rubbing on the bumper again which is probably part of the detected knock.

Hopefully it is all false at least! Once I get it ironed out, should feel the full power of the tune.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Just as an update on mine, took off the strut tower brace and it went from a max of 8 to max 4.5 degree of knock. There is nothing at all when the car is in park/neutral which is why I think it is false knock. Next thing (most likely when I get back from a trip this week) will be to check for any noises by hitting along the exhaust pipes and fixing the position of the passenger side exhaust tip. Right now it is definitely rubbing on the bumper again which is probably part of the detected knock.

Hopefully it is all false at least! Once I get it ironed out, should feel the full power of the tune.
Nagare.... The Cyclone Master! Dude at this point I was expecting a more in-depth review from you, haha. If you ever get around to it, post a 93PRX 0-60 pull - OR if you're feeling ambitious post a VLOG reviewing the tune as a whole. The media available for this tune is sorely lacking, we have an entire thread of exhaust clips but nothing about a tune that adds 30+ HP/TQ. 2017 with 14K miles here and still on the fence about voiding the power train. Help a guy out, I'm looking for an excuse!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It definitely isn't +30 in both, can tell you that much. A lot of people with longtubes don't even get that much. The graph on the MPT page seems to be sorely misleading or that guy's car was a masterpiece that they put everything into for the tune. I'm trying to figure out why my knock reaches +4.5, feel like it has to be something hitting but I adjusted the one exhaust hanger and it still happened. Could be the position of the middle one or maybe an O2 sensor is hitting pipe somewhere.

For interim, I'd say a Pedalmax is a good way of feeling more power from the car while maintaining full power train warranty.

I'm not a vlog guy though really, there's enough of em out there all struggling for views while talking about the exact same things. 3SevenStangVids is pretty good though.

Definitely need to get around to doing a 0-60 pull but roads are too crowded all the time -.-

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Not to jack the topic a bit (tune related though), all is well with the tuning world again? That topic from yesterday disappeared.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, apparently there was a training they (the vendors/tuners) had to do to retain access to 99% of the capabilities on the tuning software and they might not have done that training so they had limitations on what they could do. MPT, AMR, etc are all able to tune as normal because they weren't even disabling O2 sensors recently.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It definitely isn't +30 in both, can tell you that much. A lot of people with longtubes don't even get that much. The graph on the MPT page seems to be sorely misleading or that guy's car was a masterpiece that they put everything into for the tune. I'm trying to figure out why my knock reaches +4.5, feel like it has to be something hitting but I adjusted the one exhaust hanger and it still happened. Could be the position of the middle one or maybe an O2 sensor is hitting pipe somewhere.

For interim, I'd say a Pedalmax is a good way of feeling more power from the car while maintaining full power train warranty.

I'm not a vlog guy though really, there's enough of em out there all struggling for views while talking about the exact same things. 3SevenStangVids is pretty good though.

Definitely need to get around to doing a 0-60 pull but roads are too crowded all the time -.-
Thanks for the follow up. I'll be anticipating your 0-60 video if you get the right conditions! Right now I can really only conceptualize Sport mode hanging the RPMs at 4K-5K... Would be cool to see the tachometer blip like the ten-speed. I am feeling more comfortable with the power train in terms of its longevity. I believe the 6R80 (or a variant of) is used in the F150s, Cyclone engine used in Police Interceptors, more than enough data to conclude that the 6R80/Cyclone combo can handle some abuse. I'm stock besides Roush CAI and AB so I don't think I would have knock issues. I hope you can get yours sorted out soon.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Either my false knock is robbing a ton of power (I'd guess it might have peaked around +5 or 6 degrees based on other driving) or MPT sucks now. With ported intakes, ported throttle body, Roush CAI, shorty headers, x-pipe, and axlebacks...I got 274.31/279.27 today with a DA of about 1300 (PBIR shows 1285 and Homestead shows 1444 right now, this place was between the two).

First run was 269.06/270.48 with AdvanceTrac off then I pulled fuse 62 for the following runs.

I don't have any previous dynos to compare to, but I was definitely thinking I would hit the 300 mark.
MVIMG_20190106_140853.jpg

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Either my false knock is robbing a ton of power (I'd guess it might have peaked around +5 or 6 degrees based on other driving) or MPT sucks now. With ported intakes, ported throttle body, Roush CAI, shorty headers, x-pipe, and axlebacks...I got 274.31/279.27 today with a DA of about 1300 (PBIR shows 1285 and Homestead shows 1444 right now, this place was between the two).

First run was 269.06/270.48 with AdvanceTrac off then I pulled fuse 62 for the following runs.

I don't have any previous dynos to compare to, but I was definitely thinking I would hit the 300 mark.
Does seem low with the mods you have.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Ya man those are not good numbers with your mods.....something is off. I see close to 300 with your mods minus the ported intakes.
Sponsored