Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
How much of an increase will the MPT tune do to a fully stock v6?
What do you have on your car ? they have a video on there site that shows some gains
Sponsored

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Car is fully stock besides an AFE filter which I don't think does anything. V6 auto 3.15 gears

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Car is fully stock besides an AFE filter which I don't think does anything. V6 auto 3.15 gears
I have a V6 with an AiRaid cold air intake closed in box see thought top, a JLT oil catch can and the GT exhaust swap that a lot of us V6 owners are doing so you could say that I am also still stock, MPT states an extra 40 HP with there tune I have not check mine but before tune no tire chirp when on car from 1st to 2nd or second to third after tune get that and when on highway if I punch it to pass it drops down pulls and at times chirp tires there to. your butt can feel the shifts to not like the stock at all you almost never feel the stock shifts had my wife drive the car and her comment to me was "wow the pony really wants to run know" and a big smile on her face as this mustang was purchased for her to drive and mind you my wife and I are in our Fifties

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Thanks for all the input. Which 3 tunes do you guys recommend?
That is really up to you , here is what I got and what I would do again if I were to do it over.
tunes I have
1) 93PR-X there top of the line tune and one that I run al the time
2) 93 eco when fuel eco is what I am looking for but I get 27 to 30 mpg combined on the 93PR-X
3) any octane tune they only tune the auto trans to play nice so you can use any grade fuel

Now if I were to do it all over here is what I would change
Still get the 93PR-X tune for those that can get 93 octane fuel its a great tune
2) 91PR-X tune
3) 87-89 PR-X tune
Now you have the best performance tune for your car in all of the grades of fuel across the country

the 93 eco is nice but once you drive the 93PR-X tune you really are not going to run the eco and the any octane tune I got as a safety tune if I was not able to get 93 octane gas but with the three above you have that covered and still get all the performance out of your V6 that you can get and it only takes about 10 min to reprogram your car if you find that you cant get the fuel you are set for but 91 and 87-89 are every where and if you are running the 87-89 tune you can still put in 91 93 fuel if you are running 93 they tell you not to go with lower grade fuel

hope this helps

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
My logic is get the highest octane prx available in your area. Then an eco 87 tune for long trips since 87 is everywhere. Finally, some random tune you'll probably never use.

But I do regret getting all octane tune as my 3rd choice. I should have picked 87 prx tune.

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Thanks again for the info. I just ordered my SCT tuner I guess I have to wait till I received it first and give them the serial number until I can get the tunes.
[MENTION=21409]markbento[/MENTION] - The GT exhaust swap, did you swap the entire exhaust or just the mufflers? I found a good deal for both was wondering if I made a difference if I did the entire catback.

Sorry for all the noobish question everything's still new to me

scooter550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang in Comp Orange
JohnnyBoy- I did a stock GT exhaust swap on my V6 and am very happy with it.

Here is a video someone did with sound changes-
[ame]

When/If you install a GT exhaust- you are going to 2.5" pipe vs 2.25" (stock V6 system).
If the swap is too quiet for you- you can always do a H-pipe resonator delete, which will give you more noise WITHOUT drone.
Good Luck !!!!

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Thanks again for the info. I just ordered my SCT tuner I guess I have to wait till I received it first and give them the serial number until I can get the tunes.
@markbento - The GT exhaust swap, did you swap the entire exhaust or just the mufflers? I found a good deal for both was wondering if I made a difference if I did the entire catback.

Sorry for all the noobish question everything's still new to me
[MENTION=26059]JohnnyBoy[/MENTION] its cat back and its plug and play it just bolts right up its a one pice unit and as stated in other post our V6 is a 2 1/4 inch pipe the GT swap opens that up for you to a 2 1/2 inch pipe so you V6 can exhale better and sound is also nicer hope this helps

Sponsored

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Thanks! I found one with 15,000 miles on it. Do you think that'll be fine?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Thanks! I found one with 15,000 miles on it. Do you think that'll be fine?
Look it over if there is no damage on it you should be good

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
Buddy of mine just put the 93prx on his stock 3.7 and 0-60 went from 6.7 to 5.9 ...... impressive

MIIPILOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 AUTO,1977 MUSTANG II
I just got my SCT tuner and am waiting for the MPT tunes. I ordered the 87-89 PRX, 93 PRX and the E30 PRX tunes. Curious if anyone has used the E30 PRX tune.

MIIPILOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 AUTO,1977 MUSTANG II
I got my MPT tunes and installed the 87-89 PRX first since weather has turned for the worse around here. All I can say is that MPT has hit it out of the park with this tune. This is the way this car was meant to drive. The car shifts awesome in "D". Shifts are crisp and precise while downshifting is greatly improved as you don't have to put your foot to the floor to get the car to downshift and go. The sport mode can actually be used to drive with now that it shifts much at a much lower RPM. The throttle response is 100% improved as well as it feels like it has picked up some additional ponies. I can't wait to get some dry streets to see how much it will improve 0-60 and quarter mile times. My guess would be a couple tenths 0-60 and 3-4 tenths quarter mile. This tune has performed flawlessly so far with zero complaints from me. I can't wait till spring to try out the E30 and 93 PRX tunes.
Sponsored