Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
The problum is all the information in the SCTx4 is from his VIN # so in till you can download your stock info it of no use. If you load any program in your ECU you'll will not be able to return your car to stock. Also were did the programs come from (ie) unleashed, MPT, SCT preload, BAMA?
we didn't do the factory reset, just figured this out. i think his was probably bama not sure, his car was an ecoboost
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
hey guys I am thinking of adding the 87-89 and 91 octane tunes to my stable I have the 93PE-X the 93 eco and the any octane tunes now but would like to hear from you guys that are running the 91 and the 87-89 tunes , which one are you running and what can you tell me about it? thanks Mark

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
im running the 91PRX. I get better mileage than stock. honestly, I don't think theres much use for the eco and all that other crap. just get the 91 or 93 prx and be done with it

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
I have 5 tunes have tried 4 of them. 87-89, 91, 93 prx all are great only a stop watch could tell the difference between them. I love any of them. Tried the 87-89 prx stock trans that stayed in 10 miles put 93 prx back in. Still have 87-89 eco - perf but might never try it. Once you try the firmer trans you wont go back. I drove to Daytona for the rolex 24 so that's when I put the 87-89 prx in no need to burn thru 93 octane that fast.

StevRuby15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red 3.7L 051A package 6sp
I have driven a couple hundred miles with the 93prx tune, I love it! I have 3.15, but its in the shop getting 3.73's with the gt's lsd, so I'll see how all that is soon

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Thanks to those who answered my question, I am running my 93PR-X and I do love it it really wakes up the car, But here is why I asked about the 87-89 and 91 PR-X tunes , My son is in the Navy and he is stationed at Navel air station Lamoure in Cali. Cali only has 87 89 and 91 so as I head from the east coast to the west coast I know that I am going to not be able to fine 93 at any gas station. its great that its so EZ to find it here on the east coast but the midsection of the USA and the west coast just do not allow it. So the question was 91, or the 87-89 to use out there or do I just put the stock tune back on the car and cry all the way to Cali. Hope this helps everyone why I was asking the question I really do have a method to my madness Respectfully Mark

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Didn't you have the any octane tune? You could just use that.
I do but the car just is not a mustang on it all they did with it was adjust the shift points on the trans with that one so no performance gain from it good for emer if you are stuck

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Q: is there a way to data log using the Sct w/o laptop connected? And if anyone knows of a good video to us as a reference please advise. Thank you.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Q: is there a way to data log using the Sct w/o laptop connected? And if anyone knows of a good video to us as a reference please advise. Thank you.
Plug in SCT to car, select gauges/datalog select which configuration you want to use to datalog (specific conifgs are sent by tuners to use) and hit start datalog.

Sponsored

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Plug in SCT to car, select gauges/datalog select which configuration you want to use to datalog (specific conifgs are sent by tuners to use) and hit start datalog.
So I do not have to use live wire?

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So I do not have to use live wire?
To do the actual datalogging no. You will need livewire to load custom configs on to the sct and to transfer the datalogs from your sct to view/send to tuner.

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
Much appreciated! From what I saw on mpt website it made it seem like I needed a laptop as well as the Sct in order to make it happen.

richmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red 5.0 Premium
I have driven a couple hundred miles with the 93prx tune, I love it! I have 3.15, but its in the shop getting 3.73's with the gt's lsd, so I'll see how all that is soon

Not to derail the thread, but I have my 3.73's sitting at home, just wondering did you need anything else other than the gears itself? And how much did they charge you for the install?

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
bump
Sponsored