Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Hello all,

I'm a complete noob to driving high performance cars. This is my second car ever (24 years old).

I have the 2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP pretty much fully loaded Race Red manual.

What would you guys recommend?

Exhusts seem pretty popular---Considering Ford Racing by Borla Touring (sport is illegal in CA). Please give suggestions on others

Clutch pedal spring removal--I learned driving manual on this car (bad idea right?) haha I heard people complain about the clutch engagement and after driving it a couple hundred miles, it's still hard getting use to, but that can also be attributed to my lack of experience of driving manual.

Help me maximize the performance on this new Mustang with your recommendations.
There is a "Clutch Assist Spring Delete" mod that may help your experience with this particular clutch. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14627

Aside from that, a little more rumble from the exhaust might help your clutch work by letting you hear the engine revs start to drop a little sooner.

Unfortunately, even though you specifically mentioned performance, you're going to get a lot of appearance suggestions that at best do nothing for performance.

Do a little thinking about exactly what kind of performance you're really most interested in chasing. Most mods work best at one thing and may hurt others. That said, there are a few chassis mods starting to show up for the rear suspension that may work well enough whether your interests are mainly straight lines or corners.

FWIW, forced induction is mainly a straight line mod. Could get expensive to get right if your interest is more about road courses in the summer heat. I would expect FRPP to develop a cold air & tune package that would work well enough unless you're into drag racing.

Norm
Sponsored

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Pretty sure that a 35 or so HP gain from a CAI and tune, is about the same value as the HP you will gain from a SC that costs 10x the price....many people don't have $7k to add a SC, but $700 for the other is within everyones range....
Not to mention if you get a blower you need to get better half shafts, wider tires etc. After install fees thats what a 9-10k upgrade?

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
CAI and a tune is a waste of money. Lots of hype little gain. If you really need more HP save your money and SC. Exhaust is for sound and that alone justifies it if that is what you want.
I disagree about the tune bit. They're only around 400 bucks and give you ~20+rwhp. That's about 20 bucks per hp, which ironically is about what a supercharger's gains cost.

6k supercharger for ~300rwhp comes out to about the same.

For me, I'd be in this order of importance.

1.) Window tints
2.) Exhaust
3.) Tune
4.) Aftermarket rims and better, bigger, tires.
5.) Painting the hood vents black
6.) H-pipe and longtubes
7.) Roush spoiler

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
Performance-wise, , 0-60 in 4.5 seconds is as much as you'll probably ever need on the street.You'll get the most PLEASURE from an exhaust... I have the MagnaFlow 19100 Street 3" catbacks, and they're perfect... got much louder after break-in FYI.

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
exhaust first. Then definitely some wider rubber 305 or 315. And then Supercharger
Sponsored