Sponsored

Mods to make.......

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Hello all,

I'm a complete noob to driving high performance cars. This is my second car ever (24 years old).

I have the 2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP pretty much fully loaded Race Red manual.

What would you guys recommend?

Exhusts seem pretty popular---Considering Ford Racing by Borla Touring (sport is illegal in CA). Please give suggestions on others

Clutch pedal spring removal--I learned driving manual on this car (bad idea right?) haha I heard people complain about the clutch engagement and after driving it a couple hundred miles, it's still hard getting use to, but that can also be attributed to my lack of experience of driving manual.

Help me maximize the performance on this new Mustang with your recommendations.
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
Cold air intake and a tune is usually the first step. If you want to go a bit further, then its headers/mid-pipe/exhaust. Then if you want to get into suspension the possibilities are endless. Steeda has many parts that address the wheel-hop issues. I would check those out first. Just browse through the forums you will see what others are doing, and the priority. Welcome! :ford::cheers:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Blower.

Sticky and wider tires.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Your 24-- in the hitech industry with lots of money? How important is your warranty?

Currently the car has MORE ability (in terms of performance) then you have ability to drive it to its limit (that statement applies to almost everyone on this forum expect for the very few who spend a lot of time at the dragstrip).
The first mod should be to yourself.
Contact a good driving school---locally there are several in California (nor and so cal) but the best for you (as they use Mustangs) will be out at Miller Sports Park in Utah (outside of Salt Lake City). A 3 day school there followed up with some open track sessions with local events will be your best bang for the buck in getting the most out of the car.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Pretty sure that a 35 or so HP gain from a CAI and tune, is about the same value as the HP you will gain from a SC that costs 10x the price....many people don't have $7k to add a SC, but $700 for the other is within everyones range....

CAI and a tune is a waste of money. Lots of hype little gain. If you really need more HP save your money and SC. Exhaust is for sound and that alone justifies it if that is what you want.

Fatpolish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Gt premium auto fully loaded
Borla S-type illegal in CA?? Where or who told you this?!?

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
Borla S-type illegal in CA?? Where or who told you this?!?
The Ford racing borla sport exhaust is illegal in California. Only the touring is legal in California. At least that's what I've heard anyway. I think you guys are talking about different exhausts.

Imp2Dom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Forget everything else, just go 250 shot of NOS no tune.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The mods are endless. Aftermarket springs will give you an aggressive look and remove the gap btwn the fender & tire. Exhaust will provide the car with a growl. Tune and CAI...there is no (((first))) mod, boils down to what YOU wanna modify on your Stang.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Cold air is worthless, get a tune and cat deletes for starts.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Second the window tint vote as priority. After that would be a new shifter, which is by far the best mod to enhance the driving experience. Then what ever order tickles your pickle. (exhaust, intake, tune, cosmetics.............)

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
I'm not sure if this will help you learn how to drive manual, but it might make it easier to figure out. You could put the car in snow / wet mode, I have noticed that it really reduces the throttle response in low rpms, so it might make your starts less jerky. :shrug:
Sponsored