Dibs on rear wing if it's totaled...:p
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well,
I never thought I would be making one of these threads, but things like this are never expected.. You can't rely on other people.

Was on my way home on my normal route (2 lane road). Stopped to make a left turn on to a road that leads home... Traffic was clear, and then all of a sudden my mirror flys on to my windshield and i'm off the road. Somehow manage to open my door and get out, see the lovely 2016 transit van that nudged me off the road in front of me, and people running at me .. or so I thought at first.

Come to find out that the car behind me was hit, and another in the oncoming lane as well. One car lost a mirror, the other had a blown tire and damaged rim... then there's me:

Gg6sHl1.jpg

NvIGt5i.jpg

IeRVeYy.jpg

To top it off, not long after this picture it started pouring down rain.. couldn't get the door all the way closed so created quite a mess inside the vehicle (Lovely Florida weather). Thankfully I nor anyone else was injured and the damage could of been much worse. I believed the gentleman whom caused the accident wasn't paying attention, or was playing on his phone.. looked up saw vehicles stopped in front of him then decided to veer into oncoming traffic INSTEAD of off to his side and this was the result.

Not looking forward to what follows.

Glad your not hurt, sad what happen to your horse. Don't grieve too long and just get another horse to get back on.... : )

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
No fault refers to injuries, not the accident itself. If you're injured in an accident that someone else caused, the no-fault means you get medical coverage from your insurance, regardless of fault. The police don't seem to understand that and will not issue a ticket or assign fault at an accident because they think no fault covers it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fausted

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
A little update:
I just finally spoke with his insurance company today (Attorneys are getting involved, so there hasn't been much communication) as I needed to get the ball running on a rental.. The claims adjuster for his insurance company has only seen the video (shows little as far as damage to my car), and no photos related to the accident.. yet the first thing that comes out of her mouth was "well its a total loss isn't it". As some of you have pointed out, and my own personal thoughts I don't think it looks that way. I'm honestly hoping that it will just because this will be now the 2nd accident on record for this car, neither was I at fault . I just don't want to take the loss in trade in on upgrading (which I planned to do soon anyways). I did mention that if it's repaired then expect a diminished value claim.

Thankfully the adjuster admitted the video clearly shows their driver at fault, so I don't have to worry about going through that mess.

OP
OP
Fausted

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
OMG, I feel your pain. I can imagine if that were my car how horrible I would feel. It looks like it will not be a total loss but definitely look into a diminished claim. Now you have to be without your car while it's repaired.

People do not pay attention to driving these days. Too many distractions- I see people weaving, tail gating, making turns from 2 lanes over cutting people off holding up traffic, driving 80 MPH in a 55 back road- every single day. With all of the creature comforts and options cars offer- Apple Car Play, etc. and their cell phones people are distracted- I see it all the time and hear about rear end accidents, etc., people are on their phones I drive so careful, do not tail gate, pay attention 100% of the time- no phone- it's in my pocket, I do not answer any calls or texts, don't use Blue tooth, etc. I just drive and enjoy driving. I pull over if I want to use my phone. And yes with all the bad drivers out there I do avoid accidents but worry one day that something like this will happen to me.

Hopefully you get it fixed and back soon. Your GT looks like mine- mine is white also. Where are you in Florida?
I'm in the Lady Lake/Villages (Yuck) area

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I'm in the Lady Lake/Villages (Yuck) area
Sorry to hear about your accident. I don't live far from you. Lakeland area. I have to drive into the Kissimmee area for work and absolutely hate it. Drivers there totally suck and have no common sense when it comes to driving. It's all about "me".

Dmech1030

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang gt/cs
Glad to hear no one was hurt! I am out of the STL area. It is always everyone else you have to look out for. Sucks about the car :/
Sponsored